autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Up Close & Personal: DP Power Wash! High-Foaming Wash AND Wax!

"The summer of George!"

Any avid Seinfeld fanatic will recall that line from George Costanza as he enthusiastically proclaimed the summer was his for the taking!

"The summer of the wash and wax!" is what I've been saying every time I wash my car. Why? Because a new product has been in the works for the last couple months, and I've been painstakingly (Okay, washing my car on the company's dime isn't THAT bad) testing it to ensure it is perfect for YOU, my fellow Auto Geek.

That product is DP Power Wash - the latest offering from Detailer's Power Series.

What is DP Power Wash?

Detailer’s Power Wash is a high-foaming, wax-infused shampoo that gently removes dirt and road grime while adding real carnauba wax protection to your vehicle. Detailer’s Power Wash is the only high-yield foaming auto shampoo that contains carnauba wax, increasing protection and shine after every wash. The thick, rich foam created by Detailer’s Power Wash encapsulates dirt particles, eliminating the chance of wash-induced swirl marks and scratches. Detailer’s Power Wash is the auto shampoo that does it all!

The "Wash & Wax" advantage

DP Power Wash and its carnauba-wax formulation was designed to add gloss and protection after every wash, without altering the look of your wax, sealant, or coating. The carnauba wax in DP Power Wash will actually reinforce your existing wax coating, restoring that "just waxed" shine after every wash.

Let's get one thing straight

Wash and wax formulas often have a bad reputation for altering the look of your LSP, not rinsing freely (thus leaving a film on glass), or attracting dust. Throw out every pre-conceived notion you have about wash and wax formulas and give DP Power Wash a try. You won't be disappointed.

DP Power Wash will not alter the look of your LSP, it rinses freely, and will NOT attract dust. As a matter of fact, DP Power Wash was formulated to repel dust, leaving what can be described as an anti-static finish. Your vehicle will actually remain cleaner in between regular washes.

How to use DP Power Wash

DP Power Wash can be used in a bucket or foam gun. With either application it will create mounds of thick, frothy foam.

Meghan recently purchased a GMC Sierra, and was kind enough to be my guinea pig for this article. Thanks Meghan!

To keep her BLACK truck swirl-free, she always uses the 2 bucket wash method. The 2 bucket wash method consists of two separate buckets: one for your wash solution, and the other as a rinse bucket. The rinse bucket contains a Grit Guard Insert to trap dirt particles.

Always add water first, and then your soap. Mix the soap, and then activate the suds with a strong jet of water.

DP Power Wash is highly concentrated, so only 2 ounces are required for 3-5 gallons of water.

Foam Gun - it's a foam party!

DP Power Wash was formulated for use in a bucket or foam gun. We used the Half Gallon Foamaster Foam Gun to help wash Meghan's truck in a timely manner. Plus, it looks cool and it actually helps reduce the chance of inducing swirl marks by increasing dwell time and lubrication.

Add water to the reservoir, followed by 2-3 ounces of soap. Screw on the lid and shake well.

You can adjust the amount of suds with the metering slide bar. Looking at the metering bar from the top you'll see 6 equal sized holes. These are "stops" that lock the metering bar into position with the use of a spring loaded check ball inside the mixing chamber.

You can twist the metering bar sideways to push it in or out of the mixing chamber when choosing a solution level and then twist it back to the upright position to lock it into place.

I always use the largest hole so the most foam is created.

(Can you tell we use the Foamaster Foam Gun a lot? The one you see here is several years old!)

Securely attach the nozzle using the included quick connect.

Foam, foam, and more foam!

DP Power Wash was engineered to work in a Foamaster Foam Gun (or Foam Cannon). It creates mountains of suds that cling to the surface.

Wash tools

Meghan used an Original Montana Boar's Hair Car Wash Brush and a Lake Country Wash Wedge. This duo enabled her to reach and clean every nook and cranny.

The trick with the boar's hair brush is to use a high-quality soap and to let the brush soak for a while before using it. There is also no need to apply any pressure. Rinse it frequently in a dedicated rinse bucket equipped with a Grit Guard Insert.

The Lake Country Wash Wedge works great for cleaning areas where the boar's hair brush is too large.

Ultimate Guzzler - water be gone!

The Ultimate Guzzler measures a whopping 28 x 44 inches, making it our largest drying towel. It also features two pockets to make it easy to hold onto. It's soft, has a tag that's easily removable (glued, not sewn on), and most importantly it won't scratch your paint!

Water spots are a problem that plagues car care enthusiasts living in regions with hard water. Water softeners in DP Power Wash help offset the effects of hard water so your vehicle dries with fewer water spots. These softening agents also allow the shampoo to achieve its full foaming potential.

If you're searching for ways to increase the gloss and slickness of your paint (isn't that why we're all here), consider adding DP Power Wash to your arsenal of detailing supplies. It increases gloss, slickness, and protection with every wash. What's not to love?

On Autogeek.net

Detailer’s Power Wash

Detailer's Half Gallon Foamaster Foam Gun

Montana Original Boar’s Hair Car Wash Brush PLUS & Telescopic Handle

Grit Guard® Dual Bucket Washing System - CLEAR

Lake Country Wash Wedge

The Ultimate Guzzler Waffle Weave By Cobra 28 x 44 inches

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up Close & Personal: DP Power Wash! High-Foaming Wash AND Wax!

Nice write up. I may have to pick some up to use as I just got some DP poli coat paint sealant and some max wax for the next polishing round.

Post Thanks / Like

so meghan, how do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice write up. I may have to pick some up to use as I just got some DP poli coat paint sealant and some max wax for the next polishing round.
    Let us know what you think when you try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    Maybe she'll chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some this weekend and plan on using it for my next wash
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

enticing for sure. what's it smell like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    Soap is awesome, lots of suds and with a truck this big I need those suds to sit and dwell for a few mins while I try to cover all the area!
    DP does soaps right, started with the Xtreme foam and now this amazing soap! If you want to come try it out I will be happy to put my truck out front for you to test it on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audi X2 View Post
    I ordered some this weekend and plan on using it for my next wash
    Let us know what you think of it Buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post
    enticing for sure. what's it smell like?
    Bubble gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    If you want to come try it out I will be happy to put my truck out front for you to test it on!

Oh great, I need a break!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man I know what I'm taking home this Weekend!

Bryan@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x248