autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Up Close & Personal: BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant

Pour me another cup of coffee, please

I would be lying if I told you I got a decent amount of sleep last night. Why? I've been eagerly anticipating the release of BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant since we finished testing and approved various iterations of the formula. The production-spec formula is perfect. Creating a trim restorer and sealant is an enduring challenge that requires a lot of patience and testing.

What is BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant?

BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant is the solution to an issue that plagues almost every vehicle manufactured in the last 30 years – dull, faded, and discolored plastic exterior trim. This thick, gel-like formula penetrates deep into the pores of plastic, rubber, and vinyl exterior trim, restoring the finish to factory-new condition. A traditional trim dressing might last a week or two if you’re lucky; BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant provides MONTHS of durable protection.

Trim sealants versus trim dressings

BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant is far more than a trim dressing. This polymer-based trim restorer forms a bond at the molecular level, restoring the surface while coating it in a durable, protective shell. BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant doesn’t wash off in the rain – it actually causes water to bead up like a wax! Treated surfaces will have a factory-fresh appearance – not a sticky, greasy mess like other so-called trim restorers.

Surfaces that benefit from BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant

• Moldings
    • Bumpers
    • Windshield cowlings
    • Louvers
    • Air vents
    • Wiper arms
    • Window trim
    • Mudguards
    • Side mirror housings
    • Bed rails
    • Door handles
    • ...and more!

How to treat NEW trim with BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant

How many times a day do you see a thread with someone asking how to restore dull, faded, discolored plastic trim? A lot! On the opposite end of the spectrum, how often do you see someone asking how to PROTECT the plastic trim on their NEW vehicle? Hardly ever, because plastic and vinyl trim is often ignored which is why it becomes dull and faded in the first place!

Even if your car is NEW and the plastic trim looks GREAT, now is the time to treat it with BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant.

Use a FOAM applicator to apply BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant to plastic surfaces that are new or well maintained. Immediately buff the surface with a clean, dry microfiber towel.

How to treat OLD, FADED, DISCOLORED trim with BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant

If you own a vehicle manufactured in the last 30 years, chances are pretty good that it has plastic exterior trim. If not cared for from the start, it will slowly fade and discolor.

Believe it or not, the plastic trim on our recently acquired company van (aptly named "Ivan") was already beginning to show signs of fading and discoloration. You can thank the Florida sun for that!

Use a MICROFIBER applicator to apply BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant to plastic surfaces that are in dire need of some attention. This will help providing some cleaning action, so you can really work the product into the pores of the surface. If you're working on an older vehicle, clean the trim first using BLACKFIRE All In One All Purpose Cleaner. After you apply the sealant, immediately buff the area with a clean, dry microfiber towel.

Check out those results!

How to treat TIRES with BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant

BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant can even be used as a long-lasting tire dressing. You can vary the level of shine by the number of coats that you apply.

Application is simple: First, thoroughly clean the tires using BLACKFIRE All In One All Purpose Cleaner. I used a microfiber applicator. You can also use a tire brush if you're washing the vehicle the traditional way (hose and bucket). You must make sure the surface is completely dry before applying BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant.

Apply using a FOAM applicator. Wait 15 minutes in between coats.

Check out those results!

The fact of the matter is you should NEVER ignore the plastic trim on your vehicle, even if it is brand-spankin' new. If your vehicle has plastic trim that's dull, faded, and discolored, BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant will restore the appearance to like-new condition. BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant will not streak or wash off when it gets wet. The only maintenance required is regular washing with a quality shampoo, like BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo.

On Autogeek.net

BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant 8 oz.

BLACKFIRE All-In-One All Purpose Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up Close & Personal: BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant

Nice review Nick! Looks like a great product, I may have to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful review Nick! Looks like another BlackFire winner.

Love that last close up of the tire. What Camera gear are you shooting with?

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review!

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great--my only problem is I bought the 16 oz bottle of WETS and it goes so far I'm not sure I'll ever use it up. Save me a bottle for 2022.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks real nice!

Post Thanks / Like

What is the difference between the Blackfire and Wolfgang trim products?
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Beautiful review Nick! Looks like another BlackFire winner.

Love that last close up of the tire. What Camera gear are you shooting with?
    Point and shoot Nikon.

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    What is the difference between the Blackfire and Wolfgang trim products?
    BLACKFIRE is a thick gel. This makes BLACKFIRE easier to apply on some surfaces. Wolfgang however can be used on chrome and wheels as a sealant.

If you're looking for just a TRIM RESTORER/SEALANT, then I would go with BLACKFIRE. For an all-in-one type of trim sealant I would go with Wolfgang.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up. Looks like a great addition to the blackfire line.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good product for textured Trim BUT how does it perform on smooth (B pillar) trim?
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast