autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Rupes Bigfoot 21

So I've always detailed with my Griots 6" DA (latest version) and to be honest I've always struggled with it a little. A lot of time, passes, pressure and compounds on panels to get them to where I wanted them to be defect wise. After spending 10 hours on a car's paintwork with the GG6 I was beat, my ears ringing, back hurting and arms aching.

With the GG6 I've tried all kinds of polish. I've tried Hydro, Hex Logic, MF pads and still it takes me quite a while to get paint the way I need it to be.

My business has been picking up so I have been researching the Rupes 15 & 21 like crazy, I figure even if it only saves me a few minutes on each panel it will be worth it in the end.

So after tons of research I decided to order the Rupes 21 and 5 inch backing plate, along with some 5 inch Megs MF pads to go with it.

It showed up this morning (thanks Autogeek!) and I was quite surprised that it feels quite a bit lighter than the GG6, even though it's bigger. The build quality is also amazing.

I wanted to give the Rupes a test so I pulled my Evo X out of the garage. This car hasn't seen any kind of detailing since before the big snow storms. It was caked in salt etc and swirls and scratches everywhere, so I foamed it down, clayed it and picked a test spot on the hood.

I primed the Megs MF pad with FG400 and then 2-3 small dots. As soon as I turned on the Rupes I didn't think it was working or something was broken as it barely vibrated at all.. but it wasn't! It was going to work! My first thoughts were 'Oh wow, no more numb hands and ringing ears! Great!

So I applied absolutely no pressure at all and just guided the Rupes in the direction I wanted it to go. I started the clock and timed 29 seconds and 2 small passes and stop, just to check on the pad, heat etc etc.

I buffed off the residue and WHAT THE HELL!! No more swirls! AT ALL! I was blown away. I was literally like a small boy on Christmas morning.

So I grab my cell phone and took this shot: (It's a white car)

I thought wow, this must just be maybe because it's a new pad, etc.. So I did more and more spots on the hood with only 2 passes around 30 seconds at a time and each and every time I got the same results.

Right now I can't wipe the smile off of my face and I am so happy I decided to get the Rupes. It will pay for itself over and over again in the time and back pain I will save!
    Harrisonburg's #1 Recommended Detailer - RawDetail.com - DetalingAddict.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Bigfoot 21

Thats great to hear! I am doing the "migration" as well from a GG6 v2.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pick up The Rupes is def smoother than the GG6.

Post Thanks / Like

They are a work of art aren't they! Its an awesome machine, the flex is a fantastic machine as well but feels more like a sledge hammer than a jewelers hammer (Rupes.) I use the both and they do a fine job, much better than the GG, which was my first tool as well!