autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Something has changed with the detail spray.

I am looking for some insight on a couple issues dealing with the car care products I use. First off, I have been using Adams polishes on my 2010 Mustang since it was new. It was the only detail spray I would use on my car! Then recently something happened and the quality has changed drastically! Did Adam sell the biz? Did something happen?? I know they were buying the product from Insta Finish Car Care Products - Car Waxes & Cleaning Supplies - Auto Detailing but in talking to a few other people about this detail spray, they have told me that Adam may have sold the business and cheaper products are now being sourced. Can anyone shed some light on these issues? I realize that this site doesn't sell products from Adams or Insta Finish but I am hoping someone knows something.

Thanks in advance!

John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something has changed with the detail spray.

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

We might not be able to help you here as AGO doesn't sell Adams but if you head overe there they might be able to better assist you.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo]I Know Nothing - YouTube[/video]

Bob (nka: Bob Crane)
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDemry View Post
    I am looking for some insight on a couple issues dealing with the car care products I use. First off, I have been using Adams polishes on my 2010 Mustang since it was new. It was the only detail spray I would use on my car! Then recently something happened and the quality has changed drastically! Did Adam sell the biz? Did something happen?? I know they were buying the product from Insta Finish Car Care Products - Car Waxes & Cleaning Supplies - Auto Detailing but in talking to a few other people about this detail spray, they have told me that Adam may have sold the business and cheaper products are now being sourced. Can anyone shed some light on these issues? I realize that this site doesn't sell products from Adams or Insta Finish but I am hoping someone knows something.

Thanks in advance!

John
    They changed the formula fairly recently (within the last year or so). I haven't tried the old formula in years, and never tried the new.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks in advance!

John

John - everything you have heard is false. They dont buy their products from Insta finish and he didnt sell the business. Adams reformulated their detail spray earlier this year and it changed pretty drastically. Most of the people love the performance of the new spray but miss the smell of the old spray. I think it still works great, but yes, it is different from the original version. The main difference you should notice its much easier to wipe away which cuts down on time and static electricity (dust attraction). Its still my go-to detail spray for my garage queen.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    John - everything you have heard is false. They dont buy their products from Insta finish and he didnt sell the business. Adams reformulated their detail spray earlier this year and it changed pretty drastically. Most of the people love the performance of the new spray but miss the smell of the old spray. I think it still works great, but yes, it is different from the original version. The main difference you should notice its much easier to wipe away which cuts down on time and static electricity (dust attraction). Its still my go-to detail spray for my garage queen.
    I'm not sure who you are, but to say everything I've heard is false is presumptuous. What about the things I've seen? Have you seen a manufacturing machine at Adams? You do realize that Insta Finish and other companies like them manufacture products that other companies like Adams get private labeled, right? I love the products they sold, but don't for a second think you can convince me they didn't resell products. They may have reformulated it, by using a different manufacturer, but again, they don't manufacture anything. I'm totally ok with that, because until recently I didn't even know Insta Finish sold to the public. I was more than happy to buy from Adams. But now that things have changed and the quality has gone down hill, that will probably change. I have to wonder what makes you so convinced that he manufactures anything. I also have to think he may have sold the business since you are incorrect on other points.

Does anyone else have information on this? Accurate information? Maybe someone that doesn't work there or have some kind of vested interest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you should ask over at Adam's forum. All your going to get here is speculation and here-say.

Of course, if you want a recommendation for a good QD, this is the place. As here you can get opinions on probably close to a hundred QD. At Adams, your limited to one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure who you are, but to say everything I've heard is false is presumptuous. What about the things I've seen? Have you seen a manufacturing machine at Adams? You do realize that Insta Finish and other companies like them manufacture products that other companies like Adams get private labeled, right? I love the products they sold, but don't for a second think you can convince me they didn't resell products. They may have reformulated it, by using a different manufacturer, but again, they don't manufacture anything. I'm totally ok with that, because until recently I didn't even know Insta Finish sold to the public. I was more than happy to buy from Adams. But now that things have changed and the quality has gone down hill, that will probably change. I have to wonder what makes you so convinced that he manufactures anything. I also have to think he may have sold the business since you are incorrect on other points.

Does anyone else have information on this? Accurate information? Maybe someone that doesn't work there or have some kind of vested interest?
    I would suggest joining their forum and ask the same questions you are asking here. After all, their forum is dedicated to their product. I bet you get the answers you are looking for pretty quickly over there.
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a more in depth answer post on their forum. They buy some stuff from warners (I believe it's the name, I know it's close). It's the same company chemical guys uses. Also the company cg uses to "relable" for pro retailers to sell their own brand.

Answer to your original question: There is a new formula. I've got half a bottle of the old I've had forever, and won't be trying the new. I get so much more for my money with Griots Garage spray. I also get headaches from the strong smell of adams ds.

Camaro never said they made their own product, just the it wasn't the place you listed. I can't confirm nor deny if anything does come from there; again, post on their forum or pm one of the mods over there. Shoot, Adam has his personal cell phone number in the stickys if you feel so inclinded.

If you'd like recommendations on great alternatives to adams ds feel free to ask. This is a rather friendly forum and there are a ton of people who use a ton of different brands. One thing I can say, don't limit yourself to one brand. I have adams products and much of what I find on here does several things. It works better for me, I get more for my money, or I can bulk order and get anything I want as to not pay seperate shipping or drive 40 mins to my local adams dealer and I'm equally happy with the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, not another Adams thread, this will be shut down shortly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast