Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/)
-   -   Glare #1 polish in the world? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/73154-glare-1-polish-world.html)

stilltipping3 11-17-2013 09:43 AM

Glare #1 polish in the world?

Has any1 heard of this polish called GLARE? What r ur thoughts on it?

U gotta see this video of the torch on the car and what they say>>> LOL

GLARE.COM | GLARE PRODUCTS | GLARE POLISH PRODUCTS | CAR POLISH | AUTOMOBILE POLISH - YouTube

FUNX725 11-17-2013 09:51 AM

Re: Glare #1 polish in the world?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stilltipping3 (Post 988544)
Has any1 heard of this polish called GLARE? What r ur thoughts on it?

It's something along the lines of some other paint Sealants that claim to be: top dog...
Formula AT-5 Paint Sealant...is one that comes to mind.

:)

Bob

swanicyouth 11-17-2013 09:54 AM

Polish as in paint correction and abrasives or the infamous "polish" that's and LSP ???

Once they start setting stuff on fire - I'm out.

Alby 11-17-2013 10:10 AM

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...re-polish.html

GLARE car ploish - Club Lexus Forums

These may help a little..........

stilltipping3 11-17-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swanicyouth (Post 988546)
Polish as in paint correction and abrasives or the infamous "polish" that's and LSP ???

Once they start setting stuff on fire - I'm out.

Ya, I feel ya. But in one of the testimonials on their own site it says that u should have the car prepped using 105/205 n menzerna type stuff first. I thought this did that kinda work. The same guy said it was a filler that lasts a long long time (not in those words). If it does last long and fills well this can be a useful tool for people who don't want to pay for paint correction.
I'm just wanting ur guys opinions on it is all. Thanks

Misael7 11-17-2013 11:02 AM

Whats up with the torch on the paint? Was it just me or did it look like it created hot spot on the paint lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using AG Online

stilltipping3 11-17-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misael7 (Post 988579)
Whats up with the torch on the paint? Was it just me or did it look like it created hot spot on the paint lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using AG Online

No I saw a burned mark and smoke lol. The caption said it only left a little charring.

Nicholas@Autowerx 11-17-2013 12:13 PM

I've never used it. I did some research on it after a client asked me if I could put Glare Polish on their Tesla. After digging around and talking to people who have used it I decided it isn't worth the hype. Plus I hate their website. Never seen so much hyperbole in a single product description in my life. It SCREAMS "As Seen On TV."

stilltipping3 11-17-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx (Post 988625)
I've never used it. I did some research on it after a client asked me if I could put Glare Polish on their Tesla. After digging around and talking to people who have used it I decided it isn't worth the hype. Plus I hate their website. Never seen so much hyperbole in a single product description in my life. It SCREAMS "As Seen On TV."

I called the guy and he just called me back. I was told so much BS by him that I cant imagine ever buying this in my life. If he has to bad mouth other companies and lie to sell it then I am out. He seemed mad as I asked for a sample. "I don't know why u wouldn't just buy it for only $93" He said.
He also told me that I would need to get the kit because the polish wont do everything I need. (after saying the polish was everything I needed LOL)
Finally, (here is the kicker) he stated that if I get it to call him about how to apply it. I asked about the directions on the bottle. He stated that they are wrong and applications have changed due to some stupid reason. I didn't understand the concept of this. Here is ur product with directions on the bottle. Don't follow them because they are wrong. Buy this product because we spend tons of $$ developing it and always making it better but we cant make the correct directions to follow. The whole conversation was total BS. :nomore:

mwoolfso 11-17-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stilltipping3 (Post 988628)
I called the guy and he just called me back. I was told so much BS by him that I cant imagine ever buying this in my life. If he has to bad mouth other companies and lie to sell it then I am out. He seemed mad as I asked for a sample. "I don't know why u wouldn't just buy it for only $93" He said.
He also told me that I would need to get the kit because the polish wont do everything I need. (after saying the polish was everything I needed LOL)
Finally, (here is the kicker) he stated that if I get it to call him about how to apply it. I asked about the directions on the bottle. He stated that they are wrong and applications have changed due to some stupid reason. I didn't understand the concept of this. Here is ur product with directions on the bottle. Don't follow them because they are wrong. Buy this product because we spend tons of $$ developing it and always making it better but we cant make the correct directions to follow. The whole conversation was total BS. :nomore:

lol!