autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member Wors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    783

    Review #2 - DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish

    Two older sets headlights ready to be tested against the DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish. After great results last week on the Subaru I lined up a CRV and another Subaru.

    First, the Subaru headlights and LC Cyan Low Profile HT foam.

    Products used:

    • Porter Cable 7424XP
    • LC-43-073DA Dual Action 3 Inch Flexible Backing Plate
    • DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish
    • 3" X 7/8" Cyan Low Profile HT foam
    • CarPro Eraser
    • Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating

    Setup for PC, pad, and DP polish.



    Before - Front Left



    After - Front Left



    Before - Front Right taped off



    50/50 - Front Right



    After - Front Right



    Next, the CRV lights with a LC thin foamed wool pad.

    Products used:

    • Porter Cable 7424XP
    • LC-43-073DA Dual Action 3 Inch Flexible Backing Plate
    • DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish
    • LC 3 1/4 Inch Thin Foamed Wool Pads
    • CarPro Eraser
    • Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating

    Before - Front Left



    After - Front Left



    Before - Front Right



    After - Front Right



    Whatever pad is used be sure to clean the pad after each section. The wool pad and foam pads load up quickly. The wool pad does cut faster than the foam pad but both worked extremely well.

    Both sets of headlights were a huge improvement. The CRV headlights did have some deeper scratches that would have required sanding to remove. A quick tape and polish provided very good results.

    Both customers were extremely happy with the results.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    325

    Re: Review #2 - DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish

    Thanks. The wool appeared better to me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    5,336

    Re: Review #2 - DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish

    Nice job on the headlights, but what's the "All In One" about? Why use an all in one for a review if you're going to coat over it with Opti?

    Just asking not bashing in any way.

    Maybe this was covered in review #1 and I totally understand needing to provide the best for your customers. I'm just curious about the actual intent and performance of the AIO headlight polish.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Wors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    783

    Re: Review #2 - DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish

    Welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Klink10 View Post
    Thanks. The wool appeared better to me.
    I believe it more to be a clean/compound/polish AIO with no protection. Maybe someone can chime in from AG but it is recommended to "Follow with Detailer’s Headlight Protectant Spray to retard UV-induced yellowing and fading." I have some Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating and decided to use it instead.

    Here is a link the AG page:

    Detailer’s All In One Headlight Restoring Polish

    Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Nice job on the headlights, but what's the "All In One" about? Why use an all in one for a review if you're going to coat over it with Opti?

    Just asking not bashing in any way.

    Maybe this was covered in review #1 and I totally understand needing to provide the best for your customers. I'm just curious about the actual intent and performance of the AIO headlight polish.

  5. #5
    Senior Member swanicyouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limerick, PA
    Posts
    9,115
    Awesome clarity and work !! Any residue with that tape ? Do you know if the tape with "3M" printed on it is different from the regular blue 3M tape ? TIA.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Wors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    783

    Re: Review #2 - DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish

    Thanks swanicyouth! The tape is only on the headlights for about 30 minutes at most. I have never noticed any residue from the tape. The temperature the past two weekends has been around 60 degrees.

    Sorry, I am not sure if the "3M" is different than the blue 3M tape.

    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Awesome clarity and work !! Any residue with that tape ? Do you know if the tape with "3M" printed on it is different from the regular blue 3M tape ? TIA.

  7. #7
    Senior Member tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    5,336

    Re: Review #2 - DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish

    Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Welcome!



    I believe it more to be a clean/compound/polish AIO with no protection. Maybe someone can chime in from AG but it is recommended to "Follow with Detailer’s Headlight Protectant Spray to retard UV-induced yellowing and fading." I have some Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating and decided to use it instead.

    Here is a link the AG page:

    Detailer’s All In One Headlight Restoring Polish

    Hope that helps.
    Yeah that helps. Thanks for the feedback.

    I was thinking polish and protection "all in one" type of product chemically geared specifically for headlight plastic, which would be nice to see come to market.

Similar Threads

  1. Review: McKee's 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish
    By Jaretr1 in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-22-2016, 12:16 PM
  2. McKee's 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish
    By Matt@flyingchipmunk in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 03:49 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 08:24 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 10:34 PM
  5. Review - DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish
    By Wors in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 10:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» December 2016

27282930 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31