autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsvbGarageGalleryDetailing How To'sDetailing How ToFacebookTwitterYouTube

Go Back   Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum > Auto Detailing Forums > Product Reviews

Register FAQ Upload Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Instagram

Old 11-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #1

Review #2 - DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish

Two older sets headlights ready to be tested against the DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish. After great results last week on the Subaru I lined up a CRV and another Subaru.

First, the Subaru headlights and LC Cyan Low Profile HT foam.

Products used:
• Porter Cable 7424XP
• LC-43-073DA Dual Action 3 Inch Flexible Backing Plate
• DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish
• 3" X 7/8" Cyan Low Profile HT foam
• CarPro Eraser
• Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating
Setup for PC, pad, and DP polish.

Before - Front Left

After - Front Left

Before - Front Right taped off

50/50 - Front Right

After - Front Right

Next, the CRV lights with a LC thin foamed wool pad.

Products used:
• Porter Cable 7424XP
• LC-43-073DA Dual Action 3 Inch Flexible Backing Plate
• DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish
• LC 3 1/4 Inch Thin Foamed Wool Pads
• CarPro Eraser
• Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating
Before - Front Left

After - Front Left

Before - Front Right

After - Front Right

Whatever pad is used be sure to clean the pad after each section. The wool pad and foam pads load up quickly. The wool pad does cut faster than the foam pad but both worked extremely well.

Both sets of headlights were a huge improvement. The CRV headlights did have some deeper scratches that would have required sanding to remove. A quick tape and polish provided very good results.

Both customers were extremely happy with the results.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 11-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #2

Re: Review #2 - DP AIO Headlight Restoring Polish

Thanks. The wool appeared better to me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 11-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #3

Nice job on the headlights, but what's the "All In One" about? Why use an all in one for a review if you're going to coat over it with Opti?

Just asking not bashing in any way.

Maybe this was covered in review #1 and I totally understand needing to provide the best for your customers. I'm just curious about the actual intent and performance of the AIO headlight polish.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #4

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink10 View Post
Thanks. The wool appeared better to me.
I believe it more to be a clean/compound/polish AIO with no protection. Maybe someone can chime in from AG but it is recommended to "Follow with Detailer’s Headlight Protectant Spray to retard UV-induced yellowing and fading." I have some Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating and decided to use it instead.

Here is a link the AG page:

Detailer’s All In One Headlight Restoring Polish

Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
Nice job on the headlights, but what's the "All In One" about? Why use an all in one for a review if you're going to coat over it with Opti?

Just asking not bashing in any way.

Maybe this was covered in review #1 and I totally understand needing to provide the best for your customers. I'm just curious about the actual intent and performance of the AIO headlight polish.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #5

Awesome clarity and work !! Any residue with that tape ? Do you know if the tape with "3M" printed on it is different from the regular blue 3M tape ? TIA.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #6

Thanks swanicyouth! The tape is only on the headlights for about 30 minutes at most. I have never noticed any residue from the tape. The temperature the past two weekends has been around 60 degrees.

Sorry, I am not sure if the "3M" is different than the blue 3M tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
Awesome clarity and work !! Any residue with that tape ? Do you know if the tape with "3M" printed on it is different from the regular blue 3M tape ? TIA.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wors View Post
Welcome!

I believe it more to be a clean/compound/polish AIO with no protection. Maybe someone can chime in from AG but it is recommended to "Follow with Detailer’s Headlight Protectant Spray to retard UV-induced yellowing and fading." I have some Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating and decided to use it instead.

Here is a link the AG page:

Detailer’s All In One Headlight Restoring Polish

Hope that helps.
Yeah that helps. Thanks for the feedback.

I was thinking polish and protection "all in one" type of product chemically geared specifically for headlight plastic, which would be nice to see come to market.