autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Polymer Net Shield

So here is a quick review on this product.
    I wanted to give a little something over my EXOv2 to make sure it stays best it can over winter. I didnt want to lose the hydrophobic ability that EXO has and thats why i chose the Sonax as it seems to bead and sheet water with the same constancy as EXOv2.
    Application was pretty easy. I use a red Hex foam pad for application.
    I only sprayed a very little bit per section as a little goes a very long way. I cut up large areas into sections such as the hood and roof I split up in 4 so it wouldnt dry on me and make it a PITA to remove. Also for a 4door WRX sedan I did the front doors in 2 sections and rears in 1 since they are smaller. If it was a larger car I would probably split rear doors in 2 parts as well. I used the Snow Drift MF towel,
    They proved to be an excellent towel for removal of the product. I have read others had issues with removal or some smearing. These towels just wiped it clean off with no residue left behind.
    I am very pleased with how the application went and I think the car looks great.

Quick video of Application
    Sonax Polymer Net Shield applied to my 2012 WRX - YouTube

Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Now top it with Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer haha. EXO, Net Shield and Brilliant Shine are quite amazing how they react to water. I was considering trying EXO but I'm going to stick with Net Shield and just top it with Brilliant Shine instead of stripping my truck down for really no major benefit.

I read that EXO has some issues with alkaline cleaners (certain shampoos and APCs etc) breaking it down easily so topping it with Net Shield might not have been a bad idea since I don't think it has any issues with things like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I have taken a tip from Tom Weed and started topping my coating customers with Sonax Polymere Net Shield. Until now I subscribed to the "coatings don't need topping" theory but some of these applications are at 3+ months and looking fine.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted best protection I can get for coming winter months. I dont want opticoat because I dont want something that is permanent. I like to try different things during the summer time.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how this compares to Adam's Quick Sealant. They both seem to be the same thing, but I'm sure their formulas differ.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

no watched the video for that adams and its a clear product even spraying on the paint. it reminds me more of like BlackFire Crystal seal in a can then Sonax. Sonax comes out white and milky and doesnt just flash into the paint like the adams look like it does

Post Thanks / Like

This product has gotten my attention. How's the durability?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard it can last up to 6months without any issues. we shall see before it gets to cold going to put it on my wifes car as the LSP as her car is outside 24/7 and see how long it last as a standalone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowWRX View Post
    I have heard it can last up to 6months without any issues. we shall see before it gets to cold going to put it on my wifes car as the LSP as her car is outside 24/7 and see how long it last as a standalone
    That's not bad at all. Does it need a clean surface like any other coating to bond to? I was going to try it on a car without a coating on it. I wasn't sure if it needed an IPA wipedown similar to prepping for opti coat.
    You should try this stuff out on the windshield and let us know how it performs in the rain and if it holds up to wiper blades. Seeing as to how hydrophobic it is makes me think it would be awesome on the windshield.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Gtechniq G1 on my car and wifes car so they already have coatings. I am not sure if this has to be as surgically clean like coatings need to be before application.

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast