autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Gtechniq EXO v2 Complete Kit

Since the new version of EXO came out I decided to give it a try. The kit includes GTechniq EXO Ultra Durable Hybrid Coating v2, GTechniq Panel Wipe Coating Prep, Microtemp MT-PRO thermometer,Micro suede cloth, 3 Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber towels.

This was my first time ever trying a coating and thought the application was pretty easy and simple to do. First thing you need to do is make sure your car is not in direct sunlight but warmer than 5c.

Next thing you will need to do before applying the coating is to remove all the imperfections in the paint. The only way to remove the imperfections after applying the coating is to buff off the coating. Once you have all the imperfections out the next step is to wipe the panel with the GTechniq Panel Wipe.

Make sure you spray the entire panel and wipe it clean so you remove all residues and any oils that are on the surface so that the coating can bond to the surface. After the panel is nice and clean you are ready to use the coating which was super easy to apply. All you have to do is dab the micro suede cloth so that it is damp.

Once you have a damp cloth your going to apply a thin coat on the panel.

It should look like this if applied thin:

With your microfiber cloth make sure to buff of the residue. The product was extremely easy to wipe off just make sure you don’t apply to much pressure so you can avoid marring the paint.

After wiping off the coating make sure you allow it to cure for 3 hours before it gets wet. I really thought this product had an easy application if you are looking for a quick easy way to protect your car for 2 years than I recommend this product.

Benefits of using a GTechniq Exo v2 Complete Kit
    - The coating will protect the paint for 2 years or more.
    - Dirt washes right off.
    - Its going to make your car finish will stay slick and shiny longer than any wax or paint sealant.

GTechniq EXO v2 Complete Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Gtechniq EXO v2 Complete Kit

Nice review Bryan. Thanks for including the applied thin picture. What is the damp cloth you used, white microfiber suede?

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review Bryan! At this rate, you'll have as much reviews as Nick!!!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any experience with exo vs c1. I read some like c1 then exo but what is the point?

Post Thanks / Like

C1 is very good on it's own. Very durable semi permanent coating. The EXO is the icing on the cake. Can be applied on it's own, but is a match made in heaven when EXO is layered over C1.

Nothing I've used scares away water more than C1 with EXO on top.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroSS27 View Post
    Do you have any experience with exo vs c1. I read some like c1 then exo but what is the point?
    C1 is mainly used for helping improve scratch resistance and durability, with a little less glossy look.

Exo is mainly used for a very wet glossly look, while you still do get some improved scratch resistance and durability it's not as great as C1 is.

They also refer to Exo as being more of a hybrid solution to give it the more glossier look than others in this class.

With all that being said though I will say I've heard from a very reliable source that Gtechniq has been playing around with there solutions causing issues days, sometimes even a week after applying to appear. I've used this many times on customers cars but just recently with a new bottle of mine had this issue and it's basically a haze look that goes into the coating (I apply C1 then Exo on each of my applications). Just because of this issue and after talking to some of the now old US reps I will probably stop offering it and offer more of either CQuartz or OC instead now.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! that looks good!

I just purchased GTechniq C1 and EXOv2 and am just waiting for it to come in the mail (c'mon UPS!)

Can't wait to put it on my Porsche 911!

Full pictures and review will be coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Nice review Bryan. Thanks for including the applied thin picture. What is the damp cloth you used, white microfiber suede?
    I used the Micro suede cloth to apply the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    C1 is very good on it's own. Very durable semi permanent coating. The EXO is the icing on the cake. Can be applied on it's own, but is a match made in heaven when EXO is layered over C1.

Nothing I've used scares away water more than C1 with EXO on top.

Quote Originally Posted by TDC EliteDetail View Post
    C1 is mainly used for helping improve scratch resistance and durability, with a little less glossy look.

Exo is mainly used for a very wet glossly look, while you still do get some improved scratch resistance and durability it's not as great as C1 is.

They also refer to Exo as being more of a hybrid solution to give it the more glossier look than others in this class.

With all that being said though I will say I've heard from a very reliable source that Gtechniq has been playing around with there solutions causing issues days, sometimes even a week after applying to appear. I've used this many times on customers cars but just recently with a new bottle of mine had this issue and it's basically a haze look that goes into the coating (I apply C1 then Exo on each of my applications). Just because of this issue and after talking to some of the now old US reps I will probably stop offering it and offer more of either CQuartz or OC instead now.
    Thanks for your reviews guys, I am somewhat worried with this issue. I used exo v1 on my old camaro and loved it, but I was thinking about using c1 then exo on my vette for the added protection. Hopefully this it is fixed or maybe some other error?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroSS27 View Post
    Thanks for your reviews guys, I am somewhat worried with this issue. I used exo v1 on my old camaro and loved it, but I was thinking about using c1 then exo on my vette for the added protection. Hopefully this it is fixed or maybe some other error?
    Yeah at first I was hoping that it was actually just some random user error that I missed doing on this car. I sent a rep a message with all the steps that I take with each application of it and his reply was.

"You are not the only one who has seen residue issues recently with Gtechniq. We started noticing that C1 was becoming extremely inconsistent and that residue spots would pop back up at us even up to a week after application. These residue problems happen with C1 & EXOv2.

The best recommendation I can give you is to switch from using C1 to either 22ple VX1 Pro or Cquartz UK. Both of those products are clearer than C1 and therefore can provide more gloss. EXO aerosol can be applied over both of those products if you are still looking for crazy beading & slickness."

Sounds like from what he said the issues have been found in mainly C1 and Exo v2. Also sounds like using the Exo aerosol version over either 22ple or Cquartz is still a great option to use.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast