autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SON1C Synopsis 37 : DoDo Juice Carnauba Waxes - Light Fantastic Soft Wax Review

Light Fantastic is a soft wax produced by DoDo Juice ( UK ).

(Pre-Application)
    It is geared towards lighter colored vehicles however here is a quote straight from the DoDo.
    "Light Fantastic is that kind of a wax. There's no added colour, so what you see is the colour of carnauba, and a bit of coconut oil, because we stuck some of that in, too. It's particularly suitable for light coloured cars, including those painted in light coloured metallic or pearlescent paints. But to be honest, you could slap it on anything."

So I did just that, I applied it to a white vehicle, and a black vehicle.

Application is extremely easy and buff off is incredibly easy, top of the line in terms of application and buff off, I was impressed.
    I found the wax didn't go extremely far, but still a little goes a decent amount. Zero dust etc on buff off (which have I said is effortless?)
    I didn't expect much from this one, however I was blind sided with another gem from dodo juice.

//

(Hidden item in the reflection, can you find it?)^ ^^

To be honest, there wasn't a thing I didn't like about this wax, application on and off is awesome, smell is great, looks are great, it definitely won't become my go to for black paints however it performed well. It definitely enriched the white paint. About the only thing I found wrong with this wax was that I didn't care for the packaging, this is more my style of packaging
    (Satsuma Rock)

Bottom line .. Impressed! If I had a white or other light colored vehicle I wouldn't hesitate to try this product out. What I love about dodo juice is the fact that they offer their panel pots which are 30 ml and their full size jars which are 250 ml. A 30 ml pot will get you several applications which is great so you get a good feel for the wax and decide to invest in the larger size which are roughly $70 as opposed to $14 panel pots.

Thanks for the recent feedback guys, as per some requests I was glad to throw some of my clients vehicles into this review as opposed to others where I try to keep my vehicle as the base line

A couple other DoDo Juice Wax Reviews I have
    SON1C Synopsis 15 - Dodo Juice : Orange Crush Review
    SON1C Synopsis 18 : Dodo Juice - Banana Armour Carnauba Wax Review
    SON1C Synopsis 33 : DoDo Juice Carnauba Waxes - Blue Velvet Pro Carnauba Sealant Hybrid Wax Review
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...zz-review.html (basically)
    SON1C Synopsis 19 : DoDo Juice Carnauba Waxes - Basics of Bling Wax-Safe Wash 500 ml Review (Wax Related)
    SON1C Synopsis 20: Pinnacle Natural Brilliance - Signature Series II Paste Wax Review Picture Heavy :D (Featuring Dodo Juice, Mothers, Chemical Guys)

Post Thanks / Like
    Killer review man I love LF. I want to review it on my cars paint for its light paint

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 37 : DoDo Juice Carnauba Waxes - Light Fantastic Soft Wax Review

Quote Originally Posted by Lim3 View Post
    Killer review man I love LF. I want to review it on my cars paint for its light paint
    thanks dani, we might be lime green brothers sooner than we thought, I should be biking up a lime green kawasaki any day now

Post up some more pictures of your car, I know I'm not the only one who wants to see it more often!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    thanks dani, we might be lime green brothers sooner than we thought, I should be biking up a lime green kawasaki any day now

Post up some more pictures of your car, I know I'm not the only one who wants to see it more often!

Post some pics up man ! I wanted to get a Ninja bike in green but I would end up killing my self.i don't know anything about bikes at all lol
    I might put it towards this !

Matched synergy green ! I've wanted a jeep for awhile. It has a new 350 engine to

Or I got offer to super charge my car for 4900 install. Intro price which the original price is 7k

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 37 : DoDo Juice Carnauba Waxes - Light Fantastic Soft Wax Review

Awesome. I have a Snow White Pearl Kia Optima to test this on. The flake in the paint is unbelievable, this should really bring it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I still have that panel pot of BVP. I don't know what to do with it. I hate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by otruba_843 View Post
    Thanks for the review. I still have that panel pot of BVP. I don't know what to do with it. I hate it.
    What's wrong withthe BVP

Post Thanks / Like

SON1C, thanks for the review. Nice job as always. It was good to see you used it on a white SUV. I bought it to use on a white SUV also but I used a little of it on the top of my beater car just to try it out. How did you apply it? I tried using a red pad but it seemed like it wouldn't spread that way so I ended up using an applicator pad. It seems to go on really thin but overall I liked it. Like you said it's not my go to wax but it's pretty good. I think I read one of you post saying how you spread it with your fingers. Is that the best way to apply it? If so it sounds a little tiring.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Like this review, agree with everything said. I use my full size LF on my silver '08 4runner sport and it rocks. You really can't leave it on the panel for more than a few minutes though otherwise removal is not easy. If it dries it doesn't dust but it does kinda crumble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lim3 View Post
    Post some pics up man ! I wanted to get a Ninja bike in green but I would end up killing my self.i don't know anything about bikes at all lol
    I might put it towards this !

Matched synergy green ! I've wanted a jeep for awhile. It has a new 350 engine to

Or I got offer to super charge my car for 4900 install. Intro price which the original price is 7k
    thats tough, but I'd probably opt for the jeep personally
    Lol hopefully I can move down to florida in a couple years and then we can ride together
    I will once I pick one up, theres one I might get a pretty good deal on possibly as soon as this weekend
    haha that'd be a sweet addition, match perfectly too
    Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    Awesome. I have a Snow White Pearl Kia Optima to test this on. The flake in the paint is unbelievable, this should really bring it out.
    You'll enjoy it! report back with your experience and pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by otruba_843 View Post
    I still think you should apply to a whole vehicle before totally discounting it, also give its durability a chance maybe it will impress you there? I will say I was disappointed with bvp though as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast