autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Review: BlackFire BlackICE... The wax you have been waiting for

Review: BlackFire BlackICE... The wax you have been waiting for!

From the Blackfire BlackICE webpage....

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is a synthesis of German-sourced, color-charged Montan wax and genuine Brazilian carnauba wax designed to bestow a dimension of gloss on black and dark colors that mimics the appearance of wet paint. Signature Wet Diamond Polymers provide exceptional resistance to UV rays and environmental contamination. Hybrid formula combines the benefits of synthetic and natural ingredients to provide the utmost in paint protection, gloss and clarity.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, known internally as "project 23" due to the 23 months of research and development put into its formulation, started as an idea but quickly transformed into an obsession; a fascination by one individual who refused to accept contentedness in any project he became involved in. This perfectionist’s life-long infatuation with the ultimate car wax led to the birth of BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, a hybrid sealant wax tailored specifically for black and dark colored vehicles.

A core group of chemists at BLACKFIRE specialize in refining carnauba wax to its purest form, removing gloss-hindering impurities while making it exceptionally easy to work with; years of research and development spent on other BLACKFIRE car care products would not be wasted during the formulation of BlackICE. It was imperative early on in the development of BlackICE that it utilize the finest raw and man-made ingredients the world has to offer, and that includes carnauba wax and another type of ultra-rare wax, known as Montan wax.

Satisfying the fixation and exceeding the expectations set forth by one individual to create the perfect car wax for black cars meant going to opposite ends of the world. BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is one of few waxes in the world that utilizes a high content of Montan wax – a rare and costly wax sourced from Germany. Montan wax, when processed and refined, is known for its darkening characteristics on black and other dark colors.

BLACKFIRE’s chemists pioneered a color-charging process to further enhance the paint-darkening effect of the Montan wax formulated in BlackICE, creating what can only be described as mile-deep reflections on black and dark colored cars.

To ensure BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax was more than just another show-car wax that had durability measured in weeks instead of months, BLACKFIRE’s signature Wet Diamond Polymers were fused with the carnauba and Montan wax formulation, reinforcing the already impressive protection provided by the duo. BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax imparts a level of gloss worthy of a show-car and a level of paint-protection required for a daily driver.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax will provide up to 5 months of paint protection on vehicles that have been properly clayed and polished first.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is crafted by hand to meet the most stringent quality standards. Each jar is visually inspected and random testing is performed to ensure no impurities in the carnauba and Montan wax made it through the refining and blending process. BlackICE is packaged in a wooden box with the BLACKFIRE logo prominently displayed on the top.

I want to start off by saying that the work and dedication to creating such amazing products such as this wax as well as other house brand products is truly appreciated by our fellow Geeks.

Now I want to start my write-up and review of an incredible wax. But before I do that let me walk you through my minor paint correction and detailing session that took me through this past weekend. My car is a garage queen in that I usually only drive it for a joy ride, go to car meets, and car shows. Being a big waterless/QD junkie that’s about the most attention my car receives. Most of my time is devoted to my wife’s black BMW wagon as it is used a bit more than mine but it still is a garage queen. It has been around a year since I have put a machine on my car to do any kind of correction work. Fellow Geek parkerslade come by and lent a hand.

Exterior
    • Wash with 2BM and Meguiar’s Super Soap
    • Foam with Gilmour foam gun and CarPro Snow Foam
    • Wheels and tires cleaned with BF Total Eclipse Tire and Wheel Cleaner
    • Wheels decontaminated with Iron-X
    • Clayed with BF Poli-Clay and BF clay lubricant
    • Correction/polish with BF SRC Finishing Polish/Tangerine HT Polishing Pad
    • BF Gloss Enhancing Polish for added wetness/Crimson HT Finishing pad
    • Two coats of BlackFire BlackICE
    • Door sills with V07
    • Wheels with V07
    • Exhaust wiped with V07
    • Tires and trim dressed with BF Total Eclipse Tire Gel

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, best black car wax, wax for black cars, wax for black paint

BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish, final polish, clear coat polish, car polish

BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Cleaner, all wheel cleaner, chrome wheel cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner, factory wheel cleaner

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish, prewax polish, car polish

BLACKFIRE Tire Gel, tire dressing, tire shine

BLACKFIRE Poly Clay & Lubricant Combo

This is also my first foray into BlackFire Products and I am very pleased with the above products listed and all are very easy to use.

Now for my thoughts on BlackICE:
    The Autogeek Company as a whole didn’t just hit a home run with this wax. This one was clearly knocked out of the park enabling AG to win the World Series. It has exceeded my expectations on what a wax can deliver without a ridiculously high price tag.

The wax is black in color and to me it almost smells like KIWI shoe polish. Application was very easy (applied by 3” Griots/Megs 4” black finishing pad). Wipe off is just as easy provided you apply it thin just as the instructions state. Apply it to heavy and it will be more difficult to remove. I let it sit for 10-15 minutes and removed it without issue.

And for the shine, gloss, and reflections im going to let my after pictures speak for themselves.

My car isnt all that dirty

BlackFire Total Eclipse Tire and Wheel Cleaner works well and washes up easily. Being addicted to Iron-X I wanted to see what it could do with already clean wheels...

Foamed up with CarPro Snow Foam.

BF Poli-Clay and lube used. It was very nice seeing this clay didnt marr the heck out of my paint.

Taped up and ready for work.

During and after one stepping with BF SRC Finishing polish.

Hang tight for the afters...

Last edited by Mike@DedicatedPerfection; 04-15-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BlackFire BlackICE... The wax you have been waiting for

Done for the day....

I hope you guys enjoyed my Review.

Post Thanks / Like

Post away guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely amazing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing work.

Post Thanks / Like

Sick job Smack! As a fellow black BMW owner I am truly impressed. Nice work!
    Wax On!

Post Thanks / Like

Damn Mike!! Looks amazing man.. still looks like its wet. Reflection shots are on point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Absolutely amazing!!
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lim3 View Post
    Amazing work.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Sick job Smack! As a fellow black BMW owner I am truly impressed. Nice work!
    Lol. Thank you sir! I am glad that I was able to impress another black BMW owner.

Quote Originally Posted by 530inv View Post
    Damn Mike!! Looks amazing man.. still looks like its wet. Reflection shots are on point.
    Thanks Jace!!! I love it!!

Post Thanks / Like

O....m....word. That car looks unreal. Wish I could afford this pot of wax right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks fantastic! The paint looks so wet!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast