autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

SON1C Synopsis 33 : DoDo Juice Carnauba Waxes - Blue Velvet Pro Carnauba Sealant Hybrid Wax Review

Picked this up on the dodo bogo awhile back, went with one of each pro. So far I have only had the opportunity to really work with blue velvet pro, I have only had the opportunity to apply purple haze pro to a panel, however when layering both of these -- blue velvet under purple haze I did notice a slight bump in looks and durability was slightly extended.

Application was a breeze, extremely easy on and easy off, went on very thin and went pretty far, smell to me was like chocolate, to be more specific a gourmet raspberry chocolate, I allowed to haze for 10-15 minutes and then buffed off with ease, I applied via hand in ~30 degree weather. This wax performed very well in this low degree weather as I've noticed other waxes can get finicky under ~50

Note- Some may wonder what these chunks are in the wax once you begin to use it, they are nuba flakes (still soft will melt in between your finger tips -- unlike raw nuba!) I discussed it with PJ @ DoDo Juice, basically its nothing to worry about, none the less I was not fond of a chunky wax -- my understanding is just that they did not completely melt into a uniform one liquid wax however they pose no threat to your paintwork

blue velvet pro was applied over Meguiars #7 Glaze

Not the best shot, but you sort of get the idea -- time was limited on this

snapshot sneak peak of the full corvette writeup that's over due, papasmurf / caleb it's coming! lol

Overall I was extremely happy with application of this product, how far it went, expected durability -- its been several months and it's still holding up great however this was on a garage queen. I loved almost everything about this product except I didn't really care for the looks, I felt that is where this product lacked, the surface had been properly prepped with claying and polishing. Unfortunately in both cases when I've used this wax it just didn't bring much to the table in looks, offered a slight sealant hard candy pop look. So I'd say if you're looking to try something new with good durability and great ease of use and looks are not a huge factor this could be a great product for you, however if you're looking to achieve deep wet reflective paint etc, I'd consider different LSPs such as
    SON1C Synopsis 16 : Wolfgang - Fuzion Review
    SON1C Synopsis 20: Pinnacle Natural Brilliance - Signature Series II Paste Wax Review Picture Heavy :D (Featuring Dodo Juice, Mothers, Chemical Guys)
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ax-review.html
    SON1C Synopsis 18 : Dodo Juice - Banana Armour Carnauba Wax Review
    SON1C Synopsis 15 - Dodo Juice : Orange Crush Review

Thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 33 : DoDo Juice Carnauba Waxes - Blue Velvet Pro Carnauba Sealant Hybrid Wax Review

purple haze pro coming soon..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 33 : DoDo Juice Carnauba Waxes - Blue Velvet Pro Carnauba Sealant Hybrid Wax Review

Hey SON1C! Great review again!
    In your opinion, how does blue velvet compare to purple haze in terms of looks? I have one of each in terms of panel pot but I've been so busy with stuff that I haven't had a chance to try them yet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HellDemon View Post
    Hey SON1C! Great review again!
    In your opinion, how does blue velvet compare to purple haze in terms of looks? I have one of each in terms of panel pot but I've been so busy with stuff that I haven't had a chance to try them yet
    thanks
    I haven't had a chance to break the purple haze pro in yet, so I'll have to report back to you on that, I will say the blue velvet (non pro) offered much better looks than its pro counter part -- so I guess you're subbing looks for longevity in that case (granted thats imo / subjective)