autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wolfgang TSR

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang TSR

Yesterday, I had a client come in for his first visit to Eco Detail with his swirled out black Mercedes C230. He mentioned that his previous detailer had left some scratches and swirls and asked that I be mindful of that and careful not to produce more. That obviously goes without saying.

After giving the car a good wash, I realized that his previous detailer had pretty much destroyed this black paint and had left clumps of wax in about every crack and crevice of this vehicle.

While we know better than to give away our services, I had a cancellation later in the day and this gave me the opportunity to try out my sample of Wolfgang TSR. I'm completely sold!

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0, Wolfgang Auto Polish, Car polish, Wolfgang swirl remover polish, Wolfgang Menzerna

Here's his hood after the wash and clay. The picture honestly doesn't even do it justice to just how bad things were. The black car was no longer black. (Sorry I didn't have more before pics. The ones I took just didn't turn out right.)

Here's the hood after using Wolfgang TSR paired with a LC Hybrid Light Cutting Pad (blue) and the Flex 3401 on setting 5. I used about 5-6 passes, lightening up on the last 2.

I followed this with an application of Chemical Guys Black Light as well as with a sample of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Paint Protection that I had from a previous AG order.

Conclusion: I absolutely loved working with TSR. It didn't dust in the least bit. It finished out this particular Mercedes beautifully in 1 step and I could've stopped there and been thrilled with the results. Obviously, lightening the pad and maybe a fine polish could produce better results, but for a daily driver, I think this produced great results as is. I am positive that I could've gotten better results with a heavier cutting pad, but again this was a free sample for my client to wet his appetite for a full correction next time. I'm looking forward to the next chance to use TSR and try out some more pad combinations.

And now the reflection shots!

Post Thanks / Like
    On your post results after using TSR, how come you didnt point your Brinkmann light directly at the paint like you did in the before shot?

The reflection shots look nice, although on your 2nd picture it looks like it has some pitting/chips?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang TSR

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    On your post results after using TSR, how come you didnt point your Brinkmann light directly at the paint like you did in the before shot?

The reflection shots look nice, although on your 2nd picture it looks like it has some pitting/chips?
    I almost pointed that out in the pics. It was completely unintentional but you can see from the camera flash that the results aren't 100%...I'd say I got pretty close to 80% correction, which was more than enough for this sample and again could've gotten more with a heavier cutting pad, but didnt' want to do another step when this was just a sample for a client that was just getting an exterior detail.

The paint was definitely in rough shape. Some of those are chips which no swirl remover will fix, some of that is probably just dust from sitting out in the elements for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh I see. Good stuff man, let us know how it turns out if a full correction is performed

Post Thanks / Like
    Good work right there, so much for that previous detailer!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"