autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

REVIEW - Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba

This is my first review of any detailing product. I've read so many great reviews on here and hope to not disappoint so much with mine. Lol

Late last year, Dhaval was so kind to send me a few product samples he wanted to spare with and this was one of those great items he sent me. It took me a little while but finally got around to using it. Please read my review below.

I mixed 1oz solution with 31oz of filtered water in a 36oz spray bottle and went to work. I sprayed the product on a panel and let it sit for a minute and simply wiped straight down. I made sure to use a clean side of the MF towel before each pass. I did not notice any scratches or marring on the paint due to the waterless wash. This was my first time doing a WW so I was a little nervous. After my first panel the nervousness went away as I was amazed by the results. I wish I would have done this years ago. I did my wife's and my car with it and it worked great on both. I used about 1.5 bottles for both cars and about 16 plushy MF towels. Here are some pics.

Pros:
    Smells great
    Great cleaning ability and shine
    Leaves area very slick
    Great price due to concentration ratio

Cons:
    Requires extra buffing to break down the carnauba but well worth it.

Conclusion:
    I was very impressed with how the cars turned out. Even does a great job on windows. My wife couldn't believe I washed our cars with a spray bottle but made a believer out of her once I explained. I would recommend this product to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW - Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba

Very nice review and observation of the product along with a detailed write up and pictures to go with it.

Car looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks smack!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on the wash and review!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review. Can a WW wash be used in a car show ? For example, when traveling to the show the car gets a thin layer of dirt. Would using a detail spray work better for this ?

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a sweet way to save water. Nice job and I love the WDP TL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lim3 View Post
    Great review. Can a WW wash be used in a car show ? For example, when traveling to the show the car gets a thin layer of dirt. Would using a detail spray work better for this ?
    This, UWW+, all waterless washes are IMO far superior in slickness and cleaning than any QD. Waterless washes have eliminated many things on my shelf especially QD's. pinnacle and Ultimate IMO have the most superior waterless washes. DP is good too, and so is Blackfire but Ultimate and Pinnacle rock!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice review. I use pww and I love it. Great stuff and i love the fact that it has wax in it. Very nice thanks
    I bought a gallon and its a steal at that price.
    Sent from my GT-P3113 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    This, UWW+, all waterless washes are IMO far superior in slickness and cleaning than any QD. Waterless washes have eliminated many things on my shelf especially QD's. pinnacle and Ultimate IMO have the most superior waterless washes. DP is good too, and so is Blackfire but Ultimate and Pinnacle rock!
    that's great info. That replaces all my QDs now. I will look into buying it. Thanks

Why are QDs even around any more ?

Post Thanks / Like

Why are QDs even around any more ?[/QUOTE]

I think it is because QDs have lost their definition and purpose in life but still sell very well. QDs were around before waterless wash sprays and well before concentrated, all purpose products that depending on the ratio mix of product to water, can be used as waterless, rinseless, QD and even as a "topper" style spray wax. In other words, technology advances have rendered most dedicated QDs irrelevant because a single product can now wear many hats.

As far as I know, there is only one QD (Fast Clean and Shine) that has a specific role to still play and even then, that role comes into play primarily when used with other Duragloss sealants and washes. I say that because like most true QDs, it has cleaning and gloss enhancements but in addition it has the capability of bonding to other Duragloss products, such as 105 and 111 (it may even bond with some other LSPs but I don't know that for sure). FCS cleans and boosts shine like a QD in the old sense of the term but with added bonding ability to LSP. Unlike most QDs, this helps to extend and increase protection (I think that might be because it contains something like AquaWax in addition to its very good cleaning formula).

There may be other QDs that have similar shine boosters and the very good cleaning ability of FCS that also "bond" to actually become part of the LSP, but I don't know which ones they may be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast