autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up Close & Personal: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda.Mark View Post
    Top it with a spray sealant like V7 or WG Spritz Sealant.
    sounds like a plan doing opti seal im kind of fond of the optimum line

Post Thanks / Like

I already use ONR and I love it. I ordered 32oz ONRWW but with all I hear about it I'll end up buying a gallon because I'm so OCD.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to try this in the near future and compare it to the Pinnacle Rinseless Wash & Wax. I've been very happy with the Pinnacle stuff, and their waterless.

Has anyone tried both?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltJabsco View Post
    I purchased the Guzzler HD (not the towels featured in this thread) towels a while back and I use them to dry the car while doing a rinseless wash. Could I use them for this as well? Would the wax "clog" the drying towels in any way? Would I want to just dry the panel using the Guzzlers and then use another microfiber to buff afterwards?

Thanks!
    It's funny. I was thinking about this yesterday with the Pinnacle Rinseless Wash and Wax. I've done several rinseless washes with that and have used a Guzzler and haven't noticed any issue what so ever.

However, I'm using BF or Detailer's MF detergent on the hot setting when I wash it. That stuff is supposed to get wax out better than regular detergent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I would like to try this in the near future and compare it to the Pinnacle Rinseless Wash & Wax. I've been very happy with the Pinnacle stuff, and their waterless.

Has anyone tried both?
    Yes.

IMO, I would place ONRWW ahead of Pinn as it took less effort to buff off to a shine. This is particularly noticeable when the temp dips to mid/low 50's between the two.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about ONRWW but I have used something similar, Duragloss Rinseless Wash with AquaWax. My experience with the Duragloss product is that it will hurt the drying ability of any microfiber towel exposed to it, either in drying or washing. The Duragloss Rinseless is a great product but I think anything with even a little sealant or wax in it will eventually ruin a towel's drying ability UNLESS you do this: Keep a bucket of very hot water by your car mixed with a couple tablespoons of OxiClean (you don't need much). As soon as you finish with a towel put it in the bucket and let it soak for an hour. Then, wash your towels in the washing machine using Blackfire's Microfiber Cleaner and Restorer. An extra rinse cycle with a few ounces of vinegar won't hurt either. The towels will last longer and performer better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    1. Yes. It can be diluted as a quick detail spray.

2. You sure can! Add a quick coat of Optimum Car Wax after you wash to further amp up the shine and protection.

If you're a fan of the regular ONR, you'll love ONR w/wax.
    Thanks; this is very helpful information. Just ordered 128 OZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shortspark View Post
    I don't know about ONRWW but I have used something similar, Duragloss Rinseless Wash with AquaWax. My experience with the Duragloss product is that it will hurt the drying ability of any microfiber towel exposed to it, either in drying or washing. The Duragloss Rinseless is a great product but I think anything with even a little sealant or wax in it will eventually ruin a towel's drying ability UNLESS you do this: Keep a bucket of very hot water by your car mixed with a couple tablespoons of OxiClean (you don't need much). As soon as you finish with a towel put it in the bucket and let it soak for an hour. Then, wash your towels in the washing machine using Blackfire's Microfiber Cleaner and Restorer. An extra rinse cycle with a few ounces of vinegar won't hurt either. The towels will last longer and performer better.
    Interesting observation. I've been using Optimum Spray Wax, and WG Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0 for sometime now, and have not have any issues with my MF towels. I wash them in cold water using 1 part fragrance free liquid laundry detergent and 1 part DP MF wash solution. My towels continue to have good drying ability. But I will try the Oxiclean method and see how that works out.

How does vinegar work?

Post Thanks / Like

The vinegar works okay I guess. I think it is suppose to help get more of the soap out. Soap is the killer of microfiber towels if left in the fabric. Sometimes the first rinse does not get it all out but if you run a second rinse cycle it usually zaps all traces of soap. The addition of vinegar to that second rinse cycle is just an added measure and they say it also acts as sort of a fabric softener. Frankly, I have never tried a second rinse without vinegar. I might just forego the vinegar next time and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

been using Guzzler waffle weaves after ONRWW they seem to dry just fine. I do ,however, wash them immediately after washing my truck.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast