autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mytee Firebird

Post Thanks / Like

Mytee Firebird

Well I got my Firebird on Friday and put it to work on Sunday.

First impressions on the machine is that the case is mostly of hard plastic. The wheels however seem to be like a cheap plastic and hopefully won't break down the road.

After setup and then pouring the water in, I set it down to see how far the hose/gun can go but it's not very long. This is a move the whole unit (like 10 pounds worth) to each door panel to clean the interior. Thought I could do what I do with the Mytee Lite and put the unit by the front driver door and the hose would be long enough to reach all the upholstery without having to move the unit. That's probably the biggest downfall but I'm just a picky guy.

The unit did take about 10 min to heat up but it's perfect. What I do as the setup is/was...
    1. Insert water into the Firebird & Lite. Turned both units on and let heat.
    2. While they are heating, cleared the car and vacuumed.
    3. Put shop vac away and begin with steamer or extractor.

Coming from a Tornador Black it did lack speed but the cleaning power can't compare. Sure the Tornador cleaned as well but the steamer does the same thing and now you can sell it to the customer even more by adding that this kills odors, decontaminates especially the AC vents, environmentally friendly, and so on. Biggest plus compared to the Tornador is noise!! It is like 20 times quieter than the Tornador. No compressor or gun noise.

For 1st time steam users like me I was caught off guard by the water streaming out when pushing the trigger at times but just point to the ground or carpets and steam will shoot out in less than a second. May take more seconds if you don't use it continously.

Heat!!

The unit does heat up so make sure you grab by the handle. Hose is another thing to be careful with. It is rubber so watch out. As a 1st timer I under estimated the heat the Firebird generates, over 300°!! I burned my hand a couple of times but nothing major. I'll be using my black gloves tonight so hopefully that helps.

I will be of course taking pictures but most importantly I will be making videos about the Firebird. So with that in mind, do yall have any specific locations that you would like for me to clean? I have a detail tonight and Thursday as well as Saturday so I may not post until next week.

AGer,
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see you clean the headliner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman0440 View Post
    I would like to see you clean the headliner
    If they are dirty I will make a video. I'm still getting used to it. Need to use the microfiber towel iver the steamer process.

AGer,
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Mytee Firebird

Can you clean an engine with a steamer??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee Firebird

Yes you can I do it all the time with mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a quick run on the Mytee Firebird...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LICR...e_gdata_player

AGer,
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you used a mccolough?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you used a mccolough?
    I haven't used the McColough and had a couple reasons why. Biggest reason was that the Firebird is like 150° hotter. I had a nasty Jeep Commander and it was a mess. Family of 6 and it had soda cans popped, candy stuck everywhere, pen marks like crazy. The Tornador didn't do anything to it. Had to hand scrub it all and did research on a steamer so I decided after that vehicle that I would save up for one. 3 weeks later here I am! Plus I get to take it inside and the do the nasty showers, car seats, and window trims. I have 2 toddler girls so it will help me with all their shedding hair!

I'm still learning to use it but boy is it already making a big improvement.

AGer,
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it out on my engine and it was pretty damn good. Sprayed some APC and then hit it with the steamer. I tried a couple methods and best to do a small section at a time. Steam and wipe right away.

AGer,
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have to get one if the have a sale on it ...I really wanted to get a mccolough ...but I don't want to be cheap and get the mccolough then end up getting the mytee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast