autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Up Close & Personal: 3rd Gen Griot's Garage 6 Inch Polisher

My desk is bombarded with new products on a weekly basis: applicators, tire gels, nano-coatings, compounds - you name it. It's one of the perks of working at Autogeek. Upon walking into my office a couple weeks ago there was a box, and on this box the words "have fun in your garage" were prominently displayed everywhere. Hmmmm.

What a surprise! A new polisher to play with. Not any old polisher, but a 3rd generation Griot's Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher. While I often find boxes on my desk with post-it notes reading "test me,", the contents generally don't plug into a wall. Needless to say, I was as giddy as a teenager on the last day of school before summer vacation.

Griot’s Garage carefully took into consideration its wide customer base when designing the 3rd generation 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher. Their goal was to make machine polishing less intimidating for those who are new to the hobby, while also making it a more pleasant experience for professional detailers who polish paint every day. Griot’s Garage has successfully conquered the daunting task of pleasing both the novice and the professional with their redesigned 3rd generation 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher.

Anyone that has used a 2nd generation Griot’s Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher knows that power has never been a problem, so Griot’s Garage focused on redesigning the casing of the polisher to make it more comfortable to hold during extended polishing sessions. The adjustable handle is still there, but they added a rubberized grip to make it easier to hold on to. The housing now features molded hand and finger grips along with a domed, rubberized palm grip. The speed control dial and power switch were also moved to more convenient locations.

Feature Packed

What impressed me the most about the 3rd generation Griot's Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher is that Griot's Garage listened to the common complaints regarding the 2nd generation, and addressed them accordingly. The body of the machine is far more user friendly which, if you've ever spent hours upon hours detailing a car, you know equals less fatigue on you - the user!

Domed, Rubberized Palm Grip

This is probably my favorite feature of the new polisher; the domed, rubberized palm grip. If you've got sweaty hands (ahem), this makes polishing awkward areas (think lower body panels while laying on your side) much easier.

Relocated Power Switch

(Insert round of applause here). The power switch has been relocated from the side of the polisher to the top of it. This makes switching the machine on and off - again while in those awkward positions - much easier and less cumbersome.

Relocated Speed Dial

Like the power switch, the speed dial has been relocated to a more user-friendly area on the polisher. This makes adjustments on the fly quick and easy.

Power Packed!

Stop frantically searching for the specs on the 3rd Generation Griot's Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher - they didn't fix what wasn't broken. This puppy still packs a whopping 850 watts of paint-polishing power. Remove swirls and oxidation with ease or machine apply your favorite wax; this polisher does it all. The 3rd Generation Griot's Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher even rotates a 6.5 inch pad without any effort (it includes a redesigned 6 inch backing plate too).

For a mere $10 more than the 2nd generation model, the new 3rd gen Griot's Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher is a smokin' good deal.

Here is a picture of yours truly having fun in my, errr, Max's, errr, Autogeek's garage.

Griots Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher - NEW 3rd Generation

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up Close & Personal: 3rd Gen Griot's Garage 6 Inch Polisher

A picture caught on Surveillance, Nick just so you know Max will never see this, as long as the price is right!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    A picture caught on Surveillance, Nick just so you know Max will never see this, as long as the price is right!!

LOL Nick, you may have to clean and seal more than her glass this time.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

now we got nick's review/thoughts on ths 3rd gen GG6.. now let's here mark's (SSizzlin') review on it lol...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    now we got nick's review/thoughts on ths 3rd gen GG6.. now let's here mark's (SSizzlin') review on it lol...
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on it Al.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post

Hmmm. Let's meet in your office around lunch time and we'll negotiate.

Post Thanks / Like

lol yeah nick!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on it Al.
    sure, send me one...

p.s. i was referring to mark since he has already used it and i'm sure he has his thoughts/feedback on it...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    sure, send me one...

p.s. i was referring to mark since he has already used it and i'm sure he has his thoughts/feedback on it...
    Come on down to the Boot Camp next month; you'll learn a thing or two and you'll get hands-on experience with every tool imaginable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Come on down to the Boot Camp next month; you'll learn a thing or two and you'll get hands-on experience with every tool imaginable.

pay for my plane trip (and time off from my employer) and you got a deal...
    i am the jump starter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast