autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax durability review

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Per Nick at Meguiar,s NXT has 0 cleaner,s in it
    Read this from a site that I won't link to or name:

What It Is: With all the debate over sealants vs. carnauba waxes, it’s hard to tell with some products exactly what they are. The Tech Wax actually falls somewhere between a carnauba wax and a sealant as far as its durability and longevity. Since it does have some polishing ability, it is actually more of an All In One then a “wax”. It gets its cleaning ability from Calcined Kaolin Clay. The protection that it gives your paint comes from Polyglycerol Ester which can be described as a “waxy substance” but actually is not a carnauba wax. I contacted Meguiar’s to get the whole story and they told me that the Tech Wax 2.0 is a completely synthetic wax with no carnauba in it. So while the polyglycerol ester will give you more protection than a traditional wax will, it will not protect as long as some traditional sealants like the Menzerna Power Lock or Blackfire Wet Diamond.

Post Thanks / Like

Any update on durability of Megs UPW?

I did my Highlander with Megs UPW and Fusion with 845 on the same day (both metallic gray) . Should have done 2 coats but only did 1. They are both still holding up well in NYC winter weather. Beading is still good on both, but favoring 845 in that area. In the looks department it is very close, maybe a tad towards UPW. Next time I am going to do 2 coats of each.

Post Thanks / Like

What I love about MPW is that it is so easy to apply and remove, goes on super super thin. Has an amazing look

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax durability review-imageuploadedbyagonline1361643165-308830-jpg

Pic of beading. Meg's UPW on Toy, 845 on Fusion.

Post Thanks / Like

I had it on my DD for about 4 months now. Still beading fairly well. Did half the car with UPW and 1/2 with FK1000P and Pink Wax. The UPW was definitely beading stronger towards the end. The FK was pretty much toast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax durability review-imageuploadedbyagonline1361979617-399650-jpg

Another shot of Meg's UPW after 5 months of NYC weather.

Post Thanks / Like

For many years I have used a number of Meguairs, Mother's, and other top performing brands of wax, both carnuba and synthetic with goods results. Each have their strengths and weaknesses depending on how often you need to apply them and the protection and shine they offer.

After using Griot's Garage polishers and their Best of Show carunaba wax and their Paint Sealant, I stopped using the other waxes. When Meguairs came out with their Ultimate Liquid Wax, a product that I could apply with my Griot's Garage polisher, I bought some to give it a try. I waxed my car last September and all throught the fall and winter it has held up very well, still beading, shining and protecting my car.
    It is easy to use and apply in sun or shade and has held up well. I used Paint Sealant on my wife's 2011 Hyundai Sonata and her car has held up the same as mine with the Meguairs LPW. I like the synthetics as they last longer than the carnuba based waxes and are easier to apply and take off. They especially work well on dark colored cars.See for yourself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax durability review-dsc_5130-640x428-jpg   Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax durability review-dsc_5127-640x428-jpg   Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax durability review-dsc_5131-640x428-jpg   Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax durability review-dsc_5194-640x428-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Stang is looking pretty good with the "baby Cobra" wheels and the shine is there! Do you find Griot's Best of Show hard to remove? I've found it hard to deal with but their caranuba stick is awesome, goes on easy and comes off easier w/o any dust, ever. Their one step sealant is also nice and since its got some machine polish #3 in it makes it a true one step product, again, very easy to apply and remove.

Mequiars has way too many LSP's out right now, some as old as dirt (almost) and its good to hear something good about this Ultimate product because their Ultimate Compound is really awesome!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Your Stang is looking pretty good with the "baby Cobra" wheels and the shine is there! Do you find Griot's Best of Show hard to remove? I've found it hard to deal with but their caranuba stick is awesome, goes on easy and comes off easier w/o any dust, ever. Their one step sealant is also nice and since its got some machine polish #3 in it makes it a true one step product, again, very easy to apply and remove.

Mequiars has way too many LSP's out right now, some as old as dirt (almost) and its good to hear something good about this Ultimate product because their Ultimate Compound is really awesome!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

It's funny that you should mention Griot's Best of Show Carnuba wax being hard to remove. The first time I used it I had that problem! Even Griot's admits that it can be hard to take off sometime especially if it is applied too heavily. That is the reason I like both Griot's One Step, which is a combo product with Machine Polish 3 and Paint Sealant in one. But like any combo product it has it's limitations. I usually use Machine Polish 3 to polish my car and then seal it with Paint Sealant or the Meguairs Wax. I did use One Step on my wife's Hyundai last fall and it did a fabulous job of protecting the paint and looking real good as well!

Thanks for the comments on my 2002 Mustang. What you see here is the result of a restoration since I bought it in 2008. It was repainted in the factory OEM True Blue paint with clearcoat and has been maintained since that time. Until 2011 it was a daily driver but since I've retired it doesn't get driven as much but still sits in an open driveway in the elements.

I am the Treasurer of the Mustang Club of Maryland in addition to being the clubs Historian and photojournalist. I also write about auto detailing on our website and am the go to guy for any detailing questions. Several club members have me detail their cars before car shows and cruises and we put on a detailing clinic at one of our car shows last September where we detailed a 2007 GT using Griot's Garage Products and their orbital polishers. We had a lot of people volunteering their cars for this demonstration but only one car was selected.

Midnight Blue
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 02-27-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: needed to capitalize "I"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    If it quacks like a duck....
    It clearly has to be a flying squirrel, duh!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast