Review: 1Z Einszett Perls Shampoo Premium Car Wash Introduction
First of all I need to thanks Corey for providing the review format, and Mike M. for providing the shampoo sample for me to do the review. Second, I need to apologize for being so late in the product review. I actually received the 2 1Z Shampoo samples some time in January this year but I am late at doing the review on Perl as I planned to do this review on a Mercedes Benz. But since this G-Military (more on this later) is a rare model here it took months for the car to get delivered... Product Description
(adapted from Autogeek.net product page):
1Z Einszett Perls Shampoo utilizes German polymer technology to provide unsurpassed wax-like gloss and protection that lasts for several weeks. Perls gently removes dirt and environmental grime without stripping your paintwork's wax finish, spotting or leaving a film residue common with traditional car soaps and detergents. Environmentally safe, phosphate-free, and biodegradable.
(found on bottle):
Product: Product Details:
- Release and lifts dirt from surface for a scratch-free wash |
- Polymer waxes protect against road grime and pollutants
- Leave a high gloss, streak-free shine
- No spotting or residue
- pH-balanced, phosphate-free and biodegradable
1. Packaging: 4oz sample size or 16.9oz (500ml) retail size.
2. Directions: 1:384 Shampoo Dilution Ratios Table
DO NOT wash in direct sunlight or if the automobile surface is hot. Mix 1oz of Perls Shampoo with every 3 gallons of water in a clean wash bucket. Wash car with a clean wash mitt from top to bottom and rinse thoroughly. Water beading reveals the sealed-in protective finish. Dry surface with a chamois to prevent water spotting. Use only as directed. Please recycle empty container when possible.
3. Consistency: watery, easily mixed with water
4. Color: yellow
5. Scent: mild pleasant scent, make me think of Head & Shoulders shampoo?
6. Price: USD$9.99 for 500ml on Autogeek.net
7. Cost: USD$0.76/wash
8. Manufacturer: 1Z Einszett
9. Made in: Germany Additional products used:
1. 2 generic water buckets
2. 2 Professional Grit Guard, grit guard insert, car wash grid
3. 2 Meguiars X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt
4. 1 Meguiars Water Magnet is a soft waffle weave microfiber drying towel that's softer than terry towels and more absorbent than a chamois. Attracts water Environmental Conditions:
27*C / 80.6F
Car: Mercedes Benz G-Military, 1 month old by the time of test.
Last wax section: ?? Dealer told us there is no need to wax a car that is clear coated.
The car is not too dirty to start with but since it has never been clayed before there are quite a lot of contaminants all over the paint.
A picture is worth a thousand words. I have 15 photos here so they worth 15 thouosand words!? We will have pros, cons and conclusion after the photos.
Car for shampoo test today:
38ml of Perls was used for my 3.88238gal wash bucket. Here is the first 25ml:
Consistency was really watery for this shampoo:
Stir it up with hand:
Got a few drops of wash solution for pH test.
It looks more like pH6 for me in person. What do you see?
The water seems to be sheeting off already!
Rinsing after half of the hood/fender area:
It appears to me that the wash mitt was stained during wash:
After. The gloss is very remarkable IM0:
Reflections of ceiling light: Pros:
+1: Gloss is phenomenal
+2: Slickness of paint after wash is great
+3: Scent is mild but noticeable during wash if you pay attention to it
+4: Economical Cons:
-1: Stain wash media during wash. I cant get them clean no matter how hard I rub against the grit guard. Luckily they come out fine after machine wash with Micro Restore. Some people is OK with this staining but it makes me a bit nervous to use the same wash mitt during the test since I cant make sure it is clean. Since I am not doing a no-rinse, I prefer to use a shampoo that does not stain so I put this as a con. ???:
1. This is a low sudsing shampoo as you can see from the photos. It should be noted that suds have nothing to do with cleaning ability, lubricity, slickness or gloss of a soap. It is easy to make a high sudsing shampoo that dont do anything about gloss and conditioning, chemists only need to add a lot of sudsing agent in the shampoo. But those sudsing agent would interfere with the gloss and protection of a shampoo. I believe research team of 1Z has spent effort to achieve a good balance in making Perls.
2. Lubricity is average. I have not seen any scratches or swirls for washing with this soap but I want to use more soap in wash bucket.
3. Cleaning power is average. Conclusion:
This is a good car wash shampoo that emphasize on gloss enhancing and protection it leaves behind. It is probably the best "wash and wax" type of product you can get on the market. However average lubricity, average cleaning power and wash media stain worries me a bit when I am washing the car. With spray waxes perform so well and easy to use nowadays, I would go for their Exclusiv Gloss shampoo instead if I am doing a traditional 2 bucket wash. Score: 7/10
2 extra photos on the car. Since this is the military model, the lights are protected. Another unique feature for the lights is that whenever needed, this car can enter Stealth Mode which you can use Infrared Night Vision and no lights in front and at the rear will be lit up. You dont want to let enermy spot you when you step on the brakes during a night war.
Anyone ever wondered how Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel will work on bumper trim piece? Very nice is all I can say and it successfully restore the plastic trim to a beautiful black look:
Thank you for reading my review. Please feel free to comment