autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsvbGarageGalleryDetailing How To'sDetailing How ToFacebookTwitterYouTube

Go Back   Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum > Auto Detailing Forums > Product Reviews

Register FAQ Upload Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Instagram

Old 03-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #1

Thumbs up Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat

Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat

Got a free sample of this today and all I can say it is the best tire dressing I've ever used and I've been detailing cars for over almost 50 years now.

I treated the tire in the picture above at the 11-1 o'clock position with the product.

From their Web site, the description is below:

Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat is a single application aerosol spray-on product that provides a shine that lasts months, not days!

Clear, flexible, polymer coating bonds to the tire and dries to the touch.

Protective coating will not attract dirt, dust or greasy residue like conventional silicone based tire shines.

Unlike conventional tire dressings, Black Tire Coat can withstand rain storms, car washing, extended driving or any other extreme conditions that wash away all other tire shine products.

Outshines and outlasts the leading silicone dressings.

Just a warning; make sure to try and get the product only on the tire itself or you will be in for some extra labor removing overspray from the wheel or anything else nearby.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #2

Re: Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat

Hmmm if I don't like it can I scrub it off the tire and go back to Opti-bond?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 03-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #3

Is there a less shiny version?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
Yep, but it's a pain to get off. It will always be shiny and it will start to flake. People at Camaro5 have used it any many people like it until it starts to flake off. I like tufshine better because you can choose your shine level.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTSean View Post
Is there a less shiny version?
Not at this time.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
Not sure on that one...
Old 04-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #7

Iv been using this on higher end vehicles and yes all i can say is HOLLY SH*T why was this not out sooner. Only issue is the peeling around the edges that seems to turn brown and is hard to keep looking 100% still better than anything else iv seen.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE? ITS A PAIN AND WELL I HAVEN'T SUCCEED YET
Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCAMARO View Post
Yep, but it's a pain to get off. It will always be shiny and it will start to flake. People at Camaro5 have used it any many people like it until it starts to flake off. I like tufshine better because you can choose your shine level.
Tuf Shine is the way to go! I like my Opti-bond but Tuf Shine is my hands down favorite. No flaking with Tuf Shine, ever.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #9

Will this damage the tires? My friends were immediately jealous of my tire shininess and told me it would dry out the tires, any way to know?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #10

Just an update. I tried this out on my tires and I really like it. I'm kind of weird when it comes to my tire dressings. I'm not on team matte look or team shine. I'm kind of it the middle, I like both at different times. And as much as it pains me to say I like a Turtle Wax product I have to. I'll let you know what I find out about the browning around the edges. I put it on about 5 days again but have driven about 800 miles so far with it on since I drove down to Tennessee and all around the state lol