autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review of Blackfire sealant and CG Blacklight

First the bad news:

Blackfire

I had high hopes for this product. I applied this using my PC, red pad, speed 2.5. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Wiped it off.

Cons:
    • It was a little dusty...not overwhelmingly so, but more so than say, WGDGPS or Jetseal.
    • When I took it out in the sun today, I wasn't that impressed. It did not have the depth I was accustomed to, in say, WGDGPS or Jetseal or blacklight. It just looked "ok". I guess with all the hype I have read about this, I hoped for more "Wow".
    • For the price, give me WGDGPS or jetseal
    Pros:
    • Very easy to apply and remove... maybe a tad easier than WGDGPS.
    • Very slick. In fact, I would say this is the slickest sealant I've used. Slickness is a good thing in terms of personal feel, but also helps in repelling dust.
    No comment on durability yet.... but really not a concern of mine. All in all, blackfire to me was like a weaker duller version of Menz Polylock.

As far a CG Blacklight goes... I've been using this product for a few months now, just never got around to posting a review on it. This product is probably my favorite "base" product right now. It looks the best, and can pretty much be a standalone glaze and lsp.

Cons:
    • Durability maybe? I imagine with it being a glaze hybrid, it probably would last half as long as say, jetseal or WGDGPS?
    • Not as slick as other sealants out there, and a tad less slick that EZ Creme
    Pros:
    • The look. It's deep, it's wet, it's glossy, it's everything. Looks so good, might not even need a nuba lsp.
    • Cheap
    • Compatible with nuba lsps...all that I've tried so far at least.
    • Versatile- I also use it as my final polish/aio, instead of 85rd or SuperFinish, I reach for blacklight and a gray pad instead.
    I love throwing a coat of Blacklight after every wash. So easy to use, and results are great.

A few pics of blacklight (these are just simple pics in my driveway. Forgive the simplicity) that I took today, after I applied and removed:

2012 Ford Mustang 5.0 - Kona Blue Christened name: MARILYN
    2012 Acura TSX S.E. - Silver Moon Christened name: TORI
    2013 Toyota Prius V - Blue Ribbon Metallic Christened name: PORTIA

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of Blackfire sealant and CG Blacklight

Wow man u seem like constantly trying out new products!!
    And ur mustang looks amazing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
    I always am. I have a detailing problem. I keep giving AG my hard earned money, and buy diff't lsp's and supplies I will never finish. LOL. But it's all in the fun of trying out new stuff.

thx for compliments

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

im very curious how long blacklight last... i have like 3 bottles myself unused.

Post Thanks / Like

First picture is amazing! I just finished up a bottle of Blacklight. I'm using it much more than I thought. Very versatile.

I have a roof panel that is 3 months now and still beading.
    Of course Cali weather is extremely mild so YMMV.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

I said months ago that I apply Blacklight on every car I touch and I still stand by it. If topped with Pete's 53 or V7 you just can't possibly not get amazing results. It a great finishing polish, glaze, and sealant in one super to use product. Amazing on dark paint and I would not be without it. Perfect for doing door jams and under the hood and trunk too. I think it's one of the best products...period. I was turned onto this by Todd Cooperider who tested it for over a year before publishing his notes on it. If he uses on cars that are imported over the ocean for only him to touch its good enough for me.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

im very curious how long blacklight last... i have like 3 bottles myself unused.
    Thanks man. Yes you have to try blacklight. Prolly one of the best products out there. You will probably use up all 3 bottles in no time...lol

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    First picture is amazing! I just finished up a bottle of Blacklight. I'm using it much more than I thought. Very versatile.

I have a roof panel that is 3 months now and still beading.
    Of course Cali weather is extremely mild so YMMV.
    Thank you for comments. Yeah I wanted pics to be simple to highlight the product. So 3 mos for blacklight? What has the paint been exposed to? Rain? Sun? Dirt? Etc? Or is it only a garage queen/fair weather car? And what other products did you use on it? Say, a detail spray, car washes, ONR etc... That will affect or skew results.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I said months ago that I apply Blacklight on every car I touch and I still stand by it. If topped with Pete's 53 or V7 you just can't possibly not get amazing results. It a great finishing polish, glaze, and sealant in one super to use product. Amazing on dark paint and I would not be without it. Perfect for doing door jams and under the hood and trunk too. I think it's one of the best products...period. I was turned onto this by Todd Cooperider who tested it for over a year before publishing his notes on it. If he uses on cars that are imported over the ocean for only him to touch its good enough for me.
    Silver, I do agree... This is fast becoming my "goto" product. You know what, come to think of it, I've never solely topped blacklight with ONLY v7. Maybe I will try that instead of a nuba. What did you notice for a difference over just blacklight?

Post Thanks / Like

Tis true that BL alone looks great and seals pretty well for up to 3 months on my car, but I like maintaining BL with V7 because V7 adds to the look and is a spray sealant in its own right so it acts as the perfect booster for BL. If a picture is worth a thousand words I can't imagine anyone not wanting to use this product. Your stang is gorgeous and the best thing about BL and most CG products is that they are easy to use. I'd love to see Lava over BL but have yet to try it. Here's another tip for tire dressing... Try CG G6 dressing. It's really another great product out of the CG labs.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportscarhiatus View Post
    I always am. I have a detailing problem. I keep giving AG my hard earned money, and buy diff't lsp's and supplies I will never finish. LOL. But it's all in the fun of trying out new stuff.

thx for compliments
    I feel your pain and agree completely!!

I've got more products than I'll use in 12 lifetimes but I'm having a great time trying them all out and keeping my vehicles shinny and we'll protected.....

Once of the most gorgeous Mustang's on the planet.....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Tis true that BL alone looks great and seals pretty well for up to 3 months on my car, but I like maintaining BL with V7 because V7 adds to the look and is a spray sealant in its own right so it acts as the perfect booster for BL. If a picture is worth a thousand words I can't imagine anyone not wanting to use this product. Your stang is gorgeous and the best thing about BL and most CG products is that they are easy to use. I'd love to see Lava over BL but have yet to try it. Here's another tip for tire dressing... Try CG G6 dressing. It's really another great product out of the CG labs.
    SILVER!!! Omg... Why didn't I EVER try V7 over blacklight like you and even the CG website recommended??? I always topped blacklight with a nuba. Well this morning at 6:30am, after reading your post above, I set out to simply use V7. Keep in mind, that blacklight has been curing in my garage for about 12 hours, since I applied it last night.

All I have to say is WOW. This might be the best looking combo I have seen to date. Wow. As soon as I opened the garage and let some light in, I grabbed my cam and tripod.

THE PHOTOS ARE 100% COMPLETELY UNEDITED. Simply downloaded them and posted them here. I took 3 diff't exposures to show you the depth of this combo.

Take a look and judge for yourself. My jaw about dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    I feel your pain and agree completely!!

I've got more products than I'll use in 12 lifetimes but I'm having a great time trying them all out and keeping my vehicles shinny and we'll protected.....

Once of the most gorgeous Mustang's on the planet.....
    Bobby thank you. But yes, we all need therapy. When I get up before 6 am today, and all I can think of is my wet looking paint, you know you have issues. But hey, I do NOT want to be cured!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast