autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviewed: Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss

One of the most talked about topics on the forum is how to safely strip your LSP (last step product). Some like to use household detergents while others like to add an ounce or two of their favorite APC to their regular wash solution. While both methods work (the latter is especially popular), some of us are a little uneasy about mixing chemicals or using household detergents on our vehicle’s delicate finish. I’m a big fan of using each product, household or car care related, solely for its intended purpose. I would never use Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo to wash my dishes, just as I would never use Dawn to wash my car.

Chemical Guys, one of the most recent additions to the ever-growing line of car care products at Autogeek, manufactures a shampoo designed to safely cleanse paint of previously applied waxes and sealants. The product I’m referring to is called Citrus Wash & Gloss, and it’s probably the most talked about product manufactured by Chemical Guys, and for good reason. Citrus Wash & Gloss contains an advanced blend of naturally derived citrus cleaning agents that are designed to break down grease and road grime while rinsing freely. Citrus Wash & Gloss Can be diluted to preserve your existing LSP, or to completely strip it.

If your vehicle has gone an extended period of time without being washed, Citrus Wash & Gloss makes removing weeks of built-up dirt and road grime effortless.

If your goal is to preserve your existing LSP but give the vehicle a thorough cleaning, dilute Citrus Wash & Gloss 1 oz. per 3-4 gallons of water. If you want to strip your LSP, dilute Citrus Wash & Gloss 1 oz. per gallon of water (ie: 3 oz. for 3 gallons of water).

My wash mitt of choice was the Sheepskin Wash Mitt. This mitt pampers your vehicle's delicate finish while holding a ton of soap solution.

The first thing you notice about Citrus Wash & Gloss is how slick it is. This allows your mitt to glide across the surface effortlessly. One thing you should look for in a shampoo is how much lubricity it provides. The slicker it is, the less likely you are to scratch or mar the finish.

Citrus Wash & Gloss provided excellent lubricity, but would it pass the rinse test?

It sure did! Citrus Wash & Gloss rinsed freely, leaving no residue behind. Now the only thing left was to dry the car using a Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel. What Citrus Wash & Gloss does to dirt and road grime, this towel does to water - makes it go away!

Just like the name implies, Citrus Wash & Gloss definitely leaves some gloss behind.

Whether you need to strip your LSP or just give your vehicle a good bath, Citrus Wash & Gloss enables you to do the right way.

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reviewed: Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss

I wonder if anyone has tried this stuff in a foam-canon or foam-gun? Either way, this will be the next wash I get.

Thanks for the quick promo Nick!

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it in a foam cannon since 2009,lol. I use 2 oz in a 32oz size foam gun, with my gun set on notch 5, and of course the 1 capful for the bucket with a grit guard in it. Try it, it's my favorite LSP stripping wash.
    The Gleam Master Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Streetlife View Post
    I've used it in a foam cannon since 2009,lol. I use 2 oz in a 32oz size foam gun, with my gun set on notch 5, and of course the 1 capful for the bucket with a grit guard in it. Try it, it's my favorite LSP stripping wash.
    I want to buy it exclusively for the purpose of stripping LSPs as well as the cleanig power. I want to get away from using dawn for washes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review. I just used some today. I hadn't had the chance to wash my Dodge Ram in about 3 weeks. CWG cut through the grime and left a great shine.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Reviewed: Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss

Does autogeek sell that measuring cup that you were using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike matchlat View Post
    Does autogeek sell that measuring cup that you were using?
    http://www.autogeekmobile.net/3oz-measuring-cups.html

I'm on my droid but i think this is it.I Use them everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's alot of suds with just 1 ounce!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgeek View Post
    Wow that's alot of suds with just 1 ounce!
    It suds more then any shampoo I have ever used but need to rinse well during wash as use higher dilutions. Its certainly a great shampoo

What's really confusing is the conflicting information of what ratio to use. The conflicting information comes from there very own websites

To Wash:

CG USA - 1 cap (5mls) full with 3-5 gallons of water for a superior wash
    That's 2270-3785:1

CG Australia - 1/2 oz (15mls) mixes with 1-2 gallons of water for a superior wash
    That's 252-504:1

To Strip:
    CG USA - 1oz with 1 gallon water
    That's 126:1

CG Australia - 2oz with 1 gallon water
    Thats 63:1

And I have even seen people on the forms suggest:
    CGWG Strip 128:1
    CGWG Dirty 256:1
    CGWG Regular 512:1

128:1 - sounds right to strip wax. I can only suggest that sounds right as not used it to strip LSP yet.

512:1 - I have used at this amount. Its way too much for a regular wash. Crazy amount of suds and would be concerned it may do some damage to my LSP. It will also spot unless you rinse between panels

512-4000:1 - I'm tempted to use it between the 2000-3000 mark. What do you guys and girls use for a regular wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

WOW!!! I see subliminal images. Waaayyy cooooollll.....Nick...!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast