autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 305Cane View Post
    Question:

Theoretically speaking, when using something like this, after it has dried and "set in," could it then be Opti-Coated?

Just curious.

Thanks!
    That's a great question.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Solution Finish - The Solution To Dull, Faded Plastic & Vinyl Trim

I own a 2004 Ford Sport Trac when I attended SEMA and spent some time with Rich Evans which I also met at Detail Fest I was given a bottle of the product too try . The Ford Sport Trac is loaded with black cladding that fades within a couple of years . I didn't take and before pictures but I can say that it's been on since the first week of November and still looks good I applied it on the trim that goes around the top of the bed .
    I also applied it too the rear bumper steps but the cladding was almost all ready white so the product really didn't help much

The product covers very well it's not greasy at all and a small amount goes long way . I was told in testing the product was lasting over a year . If you do a Google search on the product Rich made some video's high lighting the product .
    If you have some faded black parts and have tried all the other products I feel you should be very happy with the results
    The product has held up better on my cowling then the rear bumper if your trim is starting to fade now is the time to try it and not wait until it's gone to a point that will be hard to make it look good again .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I agree. In severely faded trim it does not darken it nearly enough.

Thanks for posting Nick. I really have wanted to try this out and I think I'll do it after seeing your review.

My only concern is on plastic trim with designs. For example on my truck the bumper and nurf bars have plastic that has a honey comb design cut into it. Applying the product in the groves proves to be a challenge. Any suggestions? I have an idea but it would require more product and no doubt be wasteful when compared to using the foam applicator
    Try the LC foam detail sticks.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

MY .02 is that you can't seal over it. But i've been wrong before. Nah... I'm right on this one.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 305Cane View Post
    Question:

Theoretically speaking, when using something like this, after it has dried and "set in," could it then be Opti-Coated?

Just curious.

Thanks!
    I don't think it won't properly bond because Solution Finish isn't permanent, so when it wears off, I would imagine it would take the Opti-Coat with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    I own a 2004 Ford Sport Trac when I attended SEMA and spent some time with Rich Evans which I also met at Detail Fest I was given a bottle of the product too try . The Ford Sport Trac is loaded with black cladding that fades within a couple of years . I didn't take and before pictures but I can say that it's been on since the first week of November and still looks good I applied it on the trim that goes around the top of the bed .
    I also applied it too the rear bumper steps but the cladding was almost all ready white so the product really didn't help much

The product covers very well it's not greasy at all and a small amount goes long way . I was told in testing the product was lasting over a year . If you do a Google search on the product Rich made some video's high lighting the product .
    If you have some faded black parts and have tried all the other products I feel you should be very happy with the results
    The product has held up better on my cowling then the rear bumper if your trim is starting to fade now is the time to try it and not wait until it's gone to a point that will be hard to make it look good again .
    Thanks for the information Adam.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123