autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax Review

Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax Review

Process:

I wanted to test this product in various ways. I divided the car into sections. I applied the wax by using the following methods:
    1. WOWO
    2. Letting it dry
    3. Application in the shade
    4. Application under the sun
    5. Accidentally hitting the trim

Description:

The product description is too long to paste here. Instead, here’s the product link: Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Car Wax contains real carnauba wax and paint sealant polymers to protect paint. ultimate show car wax, auto wax, paste wax,

Price:

3oz: $49.99
    8oz: $175 (1 free refill)

Application:

I was amazed at how easy this product was applied. It literally spread like butter and the application was very smooth. I used a clean, brand new foam applicator pad. I rubbed the pad slightly against the Fuzion paste wax until I saw the foam pad turn pink. I applied the wax on the vehicle’s paint, and it spread on very easily. It felt like I was applying liquid wax; it was that easy. Another great feature of this product is how little goes a very long way. I was surprised at how much area it covered with one application to the foam applicator pad. So long as there’s evidence of product on the face of the pad, you can still apply the product and it will leave wax behind. There were times that the foam applicator pad was already getting grabby but surprisingly, it was still leaving product behind. I probably only applied wax to the pad 5-6 times to cover this small SUV. IMO, I think I can easily us this 3oz container for 20+ cars.

I tried applying the wax in the shade and under the sun. The surface temperature of the paint didn’t make a difference in terms of how easy it was to apply the product. I can definitely tell that the wax dries up a lot quicker on the hot surface. I also hit some black plastic trim on purpose just to test out their claim of “it will not stain or discolor black trim.”

I really never liked using paste waxes when applied by hand because it just gets so darn difficult. (Applying it via D/A is a different story). However, this wax (along with Meguiar’s Ultimate Paste Wax) changed my view about them. It’s so easy to use and it feels like I’m spreading a liquid wax. I think that says a lot.

Removal:
    The removal was effortless and a breeze. The wax can be removed without any pressure on the towel. If you let the towel glide with minimal pressure, most of the wax residue just comes off. I went through the entire car using this method and it took out 99% of the wax with one microfiber towel. I used another microfiber towel to do the “final wipe”. The wax didn’t dust as well so that’s a big plus. I really enjoyed removing this wax actually.

I tried applying the wax as a WOWO (Wax On Wax Off) and by letting the product dry. Both methods made removal a breeze. I would give a slight advantage to the WOWO application method. This makes sense because you’re not allowing the product to dry and harden. I myself will still choose to let the product dry because I think that it will give the maximum protection possible. Anyway, it’s so easy to remove so why not right?

Observations:

The product page says “Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax is a true wax with no cleaning properties.” I’m not sure if this is true or not because the Fuzion wax definitely hid some of the swirls. The paint has some minor cobwebbing before applying the wax and after I removed the wax, the defects were significantly improved! I think this is a great plus for any wax because not only can the wax make your paint look better but it can decrease the amount of paint defects visible if you don’t have time to polish your car.

The product also didn’t stain trim as they claimed. This is a great feature IMO!

I also tried applying the wax under the sun. There were some sections where in it was a PITA to remove and there were some sections where it was ok to remove. It was a PITA to remove because it left some streaking on the paint and it required either a second applicaiton or a QD to remove it completely. This is not really a ding against the product because it’s never recommended to apply wax under the sun. It’s always preferred to apply wax in the shade.

This product smells really good as well. It reminds me of a bubble gum scent.

Gloss and Results:

The look the Fuzion gives is hard to describe. I think that the look of the Fuzion is more on the carnauba side with a slight characteristics from sealants. It’s more of a warm and deep glow with a slight pop. The gloss and reflectivity of the paint was just unbelievable. The clarity of the reflections were very clear and the reflections of the paint were very deep. I can tell that it darkened the paint which could be one of the reasons why it made the paint look so good. The paint just looked WET!

Conclusion:

I’m the type of person who really doesn’t want to spend too much money unnecessarily. This is also true for my detailing related purchases. I’ve sworn to myself that I will never buy an expensive and over-priced wax especially since 90-95% of the results come from polishing. If this is the case, there’s only little difference that can be extracted from a $25 to a $175 wax. At $175, it’s still a little too steep for my taste. However, if this can be had when it’s on sale for $99 then that changes everything. At $99 for 2 8oz containers, this product is worth the price. It’s just so easy to use and the gloss and reflectivity is just amazing. I wouldn’t even bother buying the 3oz sample size. If you’re thinking about buying this product, go for the 8oz size because you won’t be disappointed.

This product is definitely a luxury item but if you can afford it, then it’s definitely worth it.

Pictures:

This is the amount of product I initially applied to the foam pad. This covered half the hood, the driver side front fender and part of the driver’s side front door. After the pad was primed, the spreading of wax covered more area. A little really goes a long way.

This is the wax applied to half of the hood. I initially applied the wax too heavily. Even if the wax was applied heavily, it was still easy to remove! Amazing!

I tried to apply the wax as thin as seen in this picture. Again, removal was a breeze especiallly if the wax was applied like this.

This is the tub of Fuzion after I applied wax to the entire car. It barely made a dent! I think that this wax will last a long time.

Here are some reflection and gloss pictures:

Last edited by Marc08EX; 10-08-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax Review

What do you guys think? This is my first review so please take it easy on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Good solid review on an awesome product.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    What do you guys think? This is my first review so please take it easy on me.
    Nothing to complain about what so ever, great pictures, detailed descriptions, excellent review

Post Thanks / Like

A very informative description of Fuzion Wax. I use the same product and the results are amazing as we can see on your post. My clients are very impressed with their vehicles with the Fuzion applied on.

Post Thanks / Like

Really good review.
    I'm a big fan of Fuzion.
    I even got a couple of the little ones to give away as Christmas presents this year.

Post Thanks / Like

very nice review ... from the pics you can likely go a bit thinner on application and will find no loss but more for next use. Thin is in ... for waxes and sealants.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Marc08EX, that was a very detailed review. Fusion is as you described, well worth the money. I use it with great results also. The description of application and removal is spot on. The vehicles I have used it on were torch red, metallic red and black.

Congrat on the review and the great results. The refection pictures are just like being there.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finemess View Post
    Good solid review on an awesome product.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Nothing to complain about what so ever, great pictures, detailed descriptions, excellent review
    Thanks for the kind words Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessShineAS View Post
    A very informative description of Fuzion Wax. I use the same product and the results are amazing as we can see on your post. My clients are very impressed with their vehicles with the Fuzion applied on.
    Thanks a lot Flawless! I'm definitely going to use this on my high end details and when my 3oz tub runs out, I'll be getting the 8oz jar when it's on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Really good review.
    I'm a big fan of Fuzion.
    I even got a couple of the little ones to give away as Christmas presents this year.
    Thank you so much! I'm now a big fan as well.

It's nice of you to give away this wax. I'm sure they'll be extremely happy and satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    very nice review ... from the pics you can likely go a bit thinner on application and will find no loss but more for next use. Thin is in ... for waxes and sealants.
    Thank you so much killrwheels! Yeah the initial application was really heavy and I made the application thin on the succeeding panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Driwash View Post
    Marc08EX, that was a very detailed review. Fusion is as you described, well worth the money. I use it with great results also. The description of application and removal is spot on. The vehicles I have used it on were torch red, metallic red and black.

Congrat on the review and the great results. The refection pictures are just like being there.

Tom
    Thank you for the kind words Tom! I appreciate that. I can't wait to get this wax when it's on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! I love Fuzion. I have Souveran and Fuzion for waxes. The Fuzion is

definately my favorite. I still can't get Souveran to go on as lightly as I can Fuzion. Maybe

subconsiously I'm trying to get rid of the Souveran....Not much left. LOL No one ask for it
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast