autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

REVIEW - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

I used the Dr.Colorchip system for the first time yesterday and I must say that it is amazing. Very easy to work with and yields fantastic results. The paint matched very well also. Here is a video How To and Review I shot yesterday. Stay tuned for an update video of my thoughts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7xrDyKTHcM]‪Review - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system on 2008 Lexus IS F.wmv‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

Thanks for watching!
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used it on 3 different cars so far. The color matches are fantastic. It's so easy to use and the results are impressive.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

I have this system at home waiting to be used on my car. I'm glad you liked it. I do have one question though, can more than one coat be used? My intent would be to fill in the chip so that it's not so noticeable from 2-3 feet away.

Thanks.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

i didnt like the dr. colorchip system. and it sure as hell was not worth $60. im being told to go back to the traditional way with the capped brush or a toothpick and fill the chip cavity with the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    I have this system at home waiting to be used on my car. I'm glad you liked it. I do have one question though, can more than one coat be used? My intent would be to fill in the chip so that it's not so noticeable from 2-3 feet away.

Thanks.

I would imagine you could use more than one coat to fill the chip more, but try to understand that the solution to remove the excess paint should not touch the paint in the chip.

If you get the paint in the chip saturated with the solution it will dissolve the paint.

I would stick to one coat. It makes the eyesore go away.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

i've also used dr color chip for many many chips on my trailblazer ss. Results came out beautiful

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolas4 View Post
    i didnt like the dr. colorchip system. and it sure as hell was not worth $60. im being told to go back to the traditional way with the capped brush or a toothpick and fill the chip cavity with the paint.

Wow. What did you not like about it? I thought it was fantastic. I am quite realistic though. It is a repair that works well.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swat ss View Post
    i've also used dr color chip for many many chips on my trailblazer ss. Results came out beautiful
    I've seen your thread. It came out awesome. It's what convinced me to buy this system.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    I've seen your thread. It came out awesome. It's what convinced me to buy this system.

I couldnt find his thread.
    Premium Custom Detailing

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the system. It gives a nice clean repair look..granted deep chips are still there but its filled with color so its harder to see and there is NO messiness around it making it stick out more. Although my kit only came with 1 brush i didnt get a few different sized ones like that

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast