autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: VX5000 - quick review, more to come

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Lol - thanx for the info man - consider this copy and pasted in my notes
    Glad I could help

Post Thanks / Like

Just be careful not to use direct steam on leather or fabric.
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish07 View Post
    I have the same model and it's probably the best purchase I have made for my mobile setup! It's perfect for windows & is streak free.. I have almost stopped using window cleaner. It makes quick work on cars with nasty yellow windows from smoking without missing a beat.. oh, I had a lady who called me to do her interior.. kids left a pack of crayons on the leather seats and middle console, it was a nasty mess but it took about 10 minutes with the steamer and it looked like it never happened.. great tool

Post Thanks / Like

Another good tip is to inform your customers that you are using steam that will disinfect with no chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like

DP2002....Copied and thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Just be careful not to use direct steam on leather or fabric.
    No direct steam on fabrics? That's how I did the last 3 cars..... haven't done leather with it yet. Have I been lucky with the fabrics or is it a longer term negative issue to use direct steam on fabrics?

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Another good tip is to inform your customers that you are using steam that will disinfect with no chemicals.
    Definitely good selling point
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any APC / Folex with the steamer and you'll be amazed at the results!

I did a black H1 when it was 100F. Did one seat, had to take a break and drink lots of water before moving on an repeating.

Steam on leather and fabric is no problem at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    Any APC / Folex with the steamer and you'll be amazed at the results!

I did a black H1 when it was 100F. Did one seat, had to take a break and drink lots of water before moving on an repeating.

Steam on leather and fabric is no problem at all.

Oh yeah love the summer lol . This was one of those 100 degree days last year that I wont forget...........

So steam is good on fabrics directly?!!??! I've got 2 cars tomorrow I am using this steamer on - sure dont want to mess up on private rides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VX5000 - quick review, more to come-40309_138563332846651_135827766453541_158392_3932188_n-2-jpg  
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Steam is GREAT on leather. Leaves it soft and supple and ready to take its treatment.

I haven't met a fabric that was too sensitive to steam yet, though some of the velours are supposed to be. Just start at further distances out and maybe double up on the towels on your attachment.
    Last edited by CCC4me; 04-07-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: more info
    Brandon--Custom Cleaning Concepts, LLC
    If you want your ride as clean as can be, you need to call CCC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    I have a similar unit of another make. It is really amazing how well these higher pressure hotter units work. The super heated almost dry vapor does its cleaning with almost no moisture left behind. Carpet and upholstery dry time is minutes rather than hours.

The fun is just beginning. Wait till you try it on an engine or do interior glass with it. The superheated blast of hot water can be a real thrill at the right times also.

Enjoy!!
    Just went back and realized I never responded to these responses........... but thanx man, cant wait to try it on an engine

I have the same model and it's probably the best purchase I have made for my mobile setup! It's perfect for windows & is streak free.. I have almost stopped using window cleaner. It makes quick work on cars with nasty yellow windows from smoking without missing a beat.. oh, I had a lady who called me to do her interior.. kids left a pack of crayons on the leather seats and middle console, it was a nasty mess but it took about 10 minutes with the steamer and it looked like it never happened.. great tool
    Stoked to hear this about windows - gonna have to heat this guy up for my fleets for sure - can't stand windows lol!

here is a before and after on a leather seat that was pretty nasty. with the steamer, it took about 5 minutes per seat and no chemicals..
    Looks really good man...... what scares me about leather is dye coming off. Do you or anyone else asked if the seat has been dyed before steaming leather?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase!! Once you go steam, you never go back. I even bought a cheap one to clean the inside of the house, mainly bathrooms. No chemicals, no germs.

LOL - my lady has already got me to steam the couches - her nice black jacket before putting it away for summer and the kitchen. She tried getting me to crank it on today in the house - but I said lol . She wants me to show her how to use it so she can steam everything from now on
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Looks really good man...... what scares me about leather is dye coming off. Do you or anyone else asked if the seat has been dyed before steaming leather?!?!?
    What you have to do is test on an inconspicous spot like you would with a leather cleaner.
    Be sure not to hold the steam on one spot too long and you will be fine! Steam does an amazing job on leather/cloth

Also, if your using a terry towel on leather seats, make sure it doesn't have any colored/dyed cotton. It will transfer and you won't get it out

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast