autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Detailers Pride-Final Gloss Quick Detailer

Review: Detailers Pride-Final Gloss Quick Detailer

Introduction:
    Shane sent me a package a little while back and this was one of the products he included for me to review. In last weeks review DP Final Gloss was used as a comparison product. I’m going to try not to be any more repetitive than necessary with the information I post in this review.
    Thank you for the products Shane!

Product Description (from AG website):
    DP Final Gloss™ Quick Detailer is a last touch spray containing a proprietary blend of carnauba wax, oils, and polymers that amplifies the gloss of any wax or sealant. Use it after washing or any time to refresh the existing paint protection with more protection, clearer reflections, and more impressive gloss.

Initial Product Observations:
    1.- Packaging: N/A

2.- Directions: Standard QD directions
    3.- Consistency: QD spray

4.- Color: Cloudy/Clear
    5.- Scent: Citrus
    6.- Size/Price: 32 oz. ($17.99) – $0.56 per oz.
    7.- Size/Price: 128 oz. ($49.99) – $0.39 per oz.
    8.- Manufacturer: Detailers Pride
    9.- Made in: USA

Method of Preparation, Application, and noted Observations:
    I taped off two small areas for a controlled test of slickness and gloss. On the left side I used DP-Final Gloss (FG) while on the right I used Duragloss FCS. I sprayed approximately the same amount of each product on it's section. Then I lightly wiped each section (with a separate mf towel) and flipped to buff dry. To test for slickness I lightly rubbed both sections with my fingers, as well as a section I hadn’t applied product to. I found that the FG did not add much slickness to my recently Dodo juiced (waxed) Sky. As I mentioned before, I don’t expect it could have been any more slick than the Sky already was with its recent layers of Dodo Banana Armor and Orange Crush. As far as gloss I could not see a difference between the DP and DG on my Sky.

Next I tested FG on my windshield to see if you can detail glass with it without streaking (as is claimed). After buffing the windshield (as shown in photo #10) I didn’t find any streaking.

I also tested DP Final Gloss on both of my SL’s. On the Green SL I completed a short gloss test in a small area after cleaning it. On the Green SL (as noted in my previous review) I didn’t notice a difference in the look of the paint after using FG and FCS side by side.

While I had done some side by side testing with the FG at this point I hadn’t spent much time with it exclusively. So, after work last week I spent a little more time with it. I decided I would like to apply it to an entire vehicle to get a fair feel for it’s look. After washing my blue SL I used DP Final Gloss as a drying aid. I found the DP Final Gloss a real pleasure to use as a drying aid with my Micro Fiber waffle weave towel. It was easily removed along with the water and left no streaks. After completing the entire car I was very happy with the look of it. It did indeed add gloss to the finish of my Blue SL.

After viewing the pictures please rejoin me for the Pros, Cons, and Summary.

01-FG Product

02- Side by Side Product Comparison Before

03-FG Before

04-During

05-FG After

06-FG After

07-Side by Side Product Comparison After

08-FG After

09-Side by Side After

10-Windshield

If you want a few more side by side pictures feel free to take a look at last weeks review
    Review: Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine Detail Spray

About 4 of the pictures shown here are also in that review but there are a few others of the Sky and 2 others of the Green SL.

Pros:
    1.- Glossy

2.–Buffs off streak free on glass
    3.- No streaking

Cons: N/A

???:
    1.- Would I use this on glass? Not if I had my DP Krystal Vision available. But if I didn't, then yes I would.

Final Observations and Summary:
    DP Final gloss is a great streak free QD that works on paint and glass. It leaves a nice glossy look to your paint and when I tested it on glass it buffed off streak free.
    From not being able to see a difference on some, to definitely seeing an increase in gloss on another, I did seem to get different results on different paints. I am assuming it must be the interaction of the DP Final Gloss with the lsp you are using it on. I suppose this is probably true of all QD’s. One last note: It’s purely a personal preference but I prefer the scent of a few other QD’s.

And the Product Links:

32 oz. http://www.autogeek.net/dp-final-gloss-detailer.html

128 oz. http://www.autogeek.net/dp-final-gloss-gallon.html

PS: Bella says Merry Christmas

:dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Detailers Pride-Final Gloss Quick Detailer

another fine review ...

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review, CEE DOG, you are the man.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, mine streaks like mad. The first time I thought I just applied to much. The second time I went easy with it and got the same results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    another fine review ...
    Thanks Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Awesome review, CEE DOG, you are the man.
    Thank you Emile

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff120 View Post
    Interesting, mine streaks like mad. The first time I thought I just applied to much. The second time I went easy with it and got the same results.
    Wow, that is interesting. That's crazy! Sounds like a completely different product. Did you get streaks even when using it as a drying aid?
    The majority of its use as a drying aid I used it the way I usually use a QD or WW drying aid... which would probably be considered light by some and maybe heavy by others. In other places I went out of my way to apply it a little heavy and still didn't get any streaking. I used it on 3 different LSPs so I have to assume either the temperature/humidity, or the product itself is the difference. A thought did just cross my mind as I was typing this. We should verify Shane shook his bottle before pouring my sample. That could maybe have an affect.

On the Sky test spot you can see I applied about twice as much as was needed and that didn't streak. On the green saturn I only did a very small spot which left the closest thing to streaky of the 3. But after a few wipes with the dry side it was streak free.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    We should verify Shane shook his bottle before pouring my sample. That could maybe have an affect.
    I'm pretty sure I shook my bottle beforehand. I've used this product several times, and I don't recall ever having a problem with streaking.

Thanks for another great review, Corey! Did this review change your mind any on whether you would pick DG FC&S or DP FG if buying a QD?
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I used it 3 times, 2 twice as a drying aid and once just to get some light dust. All 3 times I got streaking. The first 2 times was in the summer so it was warm and humid. The last was this weekend and it was 45 degrees and not humid. I try to give a product a fair chance but this is on that I dont seem to have much luck with. It leaves a nice shine but needs more buffing then say DG spray wax as a drying aid.