autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Max Professional Glass Shine

I would like to thank everyone at autogeek for giving me the opportunity to review this product. First, I'll start with autogeek's description of the product:

Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0217-jpg

Max Professional Glass Shine Glass Cleaner leaves glass surfaces spotless! Clean windows and mirrors effortlessly. Max Professional Glass Shine Glass Cleaner is ammonia-free and tint-safe. Use it on interior and exterior glass surfaces.
    As a vehicle owner, and possibly a home owner, you know a good glass cleaner is hard to find. Not at Autogeek! We only carry the best glass cleaners for vehicles, which naturally work just as well on household glass surfaces.
    Take Max Professional Glass Shine Glass Cleaner for example. This foaming glass cleaner eliminates grime and films on any glass surface. It's easy to get a streak-free, film-free shine on windshields, windows, and mirrors. Even inside the car, where stubborn films can appear, Max Professional Glass Shine Glass Cleaner leaves glass clean and clear. It's ammonia-free so you can use it on window tint.

Price: $5.99 for 19 oz. aerosol can

When I was first reviewing the product, I used it on the glass in my car. Since the glass in my car is typically clean, you couldn't see the difference between the before and after pictures. So, I had to find another surface that would better show the results for demonstration purposes, which happened to be my stove top after cooking dinner . When first holding the can, I noticed that the sprayer is very comfortable to hold in your hand since it is concave and textured.

Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0233-jpg

For the review, I sectioned the stove top off into two sections. On the left, I used Meguiars Quick Glass Cleaner; on the right, Glass Shine.

Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0219-jpg
    Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0220-jpg
    Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0221-jpg
    Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0234-jpg

After applying the cleaners to their respective sides, I noticed that Glass Shine has a decent foaming action after being applied. This foam on a vertical surface lasted 27 seconds before beginning to slide down the glass, where the megs lasted only a couple seconds before running (even with a fine mist). The scent of Glass Shine is very similar to lemon scented lysol. However, I found it to be a little over-powering after cleaning the windows in my car. To be honest, it gave me a headache. Another problem I found with using Glass Shine was that it seemed to have a considerable amount of cleaner left on the sprayer, which often found its way to the leather on my door panels.

Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0222-jpg
    Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0231-jpg

Glass Shine was easy to remove from the surface and resulted in a clean and streak-free surface on the first application. Even though megs had the same end result, I had to apply and wipe the product twice. I left the center where the tape was untouched so you could see both products vs before.

Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0227-jpg
    Review: Max Professional Glass Shine-100_0230-jpg

Overall: I feel this is a decent glass cleaner that makes the task of cleaning glass a little more bearable (I HATE cleaning glass). However, one just has to be careful after spraying it because the excess from the sprayer tends to drip. In addition, I would recommend that this product is used outside or in a well ventaled area due to the strong scent. I normally use Stoner's as my "go-to", when I am out, I will grab the Quick Glass Cleaner out of retirement. I will have no issue grabbing this as my 1st choice. The long lasting foam gives you some time to work large areas of glass with out fear of having it run (such as the hatch in my case).
    Last edited by fairlady350z; 10-30-2010 at 09:58 PM.

2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x: Avalanche White
    2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 6MT: Redline Red

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Max Professional Glass Shine

When I get the chance to use it on a car with considerably dirty windows, I will update this thread with more pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Since this is my first review of a product, feel free to ask about anything that I may have missed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the informative review.

I've been trying various glass cleaners lately. Will give Max a try.

Smoke Metallic '06 Altima

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaHen View Post
    Thanks for the informative review.

I've been trying various glass cleaners lately. Will give Max a try.

As long as you don't mind the bit of foam drip after spraying, it's definitely something to look into if you don't already have a glass cleaner that works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review and comparison. Thanks for sharing with us! In another thread I think we already proved that many of us use our detailing products on things other than our cars, so I see no problem with this. For $6 it seems like it will be worth a shot. If I don't like it on car windows I could use it around the house. Personally I didn't care much for SIG, but I wonder why if it's is your go-to did you use the Meg's glass cleaner for your comparison? Were you just out of it?

Post Thanks / Like

I had a can of SIG and I was pleased with the results. The reason I used Meg's glass cleaner is because I ran out of SIG and I have 1 1/2 bottles of Meg's left. So, I figured I would use that rather than buying more SIG. Since I have tried Max, I think I like that a little more than SIG; I will likely buy Max after my stash is used. I have an appointment to detail an SUV on saturday, so I will use that opportunity to take some more pictures. (this time they will be sized correctly, since I know how to do it now...)

Post Thanks / Like

Can Max be found in stores?