autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My experience with WDGPS and Liquid Souveran

I'm going to keep this fairly short as I am sure many of these threads have come about in the past.

Before making the decision to purchase WDGPS I have finally had the time and a vehicle that needs to use the sample that I ordered a few months back. After a full wash, clay, and spot polish of a few areas of my car I decided I was going to utilize the WDGPS and then top with the liquid Souveran. Both of these products went on 2 coats a piece. They were very easy to apply and remove. I'm almost certain, with the waxes I've used in the past, that quality sealants are easier to remove than quality waxes (I'm sure there are certain exceptions).

As many have said, the WDGPS has a nice look, to me on my Tornado Red GTI it looks like a nice slick hard candy. On a red car I can't think of anything I enjoy better than that look. But as the winter is also here I decided to top with 2 coats of liquid Souveran for added protection.

I have never used the original Souveran paste wax so I cannot compare it to that but it did a great job of adding depth and warmth on top of the hard candy appeal of the sealant. It is leaps and bounds (IMO) better than Griot's Best of Show liquid wax; which was my go to liquid wax until now probably.

Now for the pictures. I got caught out in the rain and when I came home it was POURING (reminiscent of the panhandle Florida rain that I miss so much, just without the thunder and lightning). Went to go grab the DSLR and found that the battery was dead. Queue the iPhone pics...

Also just for a visual reference to the beading of the combination I took a video right after I finished up the application using a glass and some water. I promise that I didn't have anyone off camera blowing at the water. The woman accused me of that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb2SB_1PEsw]YouTube - Water beading w/ wolfgang DGPS and pinnacle souveran liquid was[/video]
    Jeff C.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My experience with WDGPS and Liquid Souveran

great products, nice quick reviews, and yes Souveran Paste and Souveran Liquid are two very different formulas.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback, was getting the feeling no one was going to say anything. But I was going to let it slide
    Jeff C.

Post Thanks / Like

What look did you like better on the car,with or without the souveran on it.I only ask because i have a deep red (burgundy) car that i just appied WGDGPS and can't decide if i want to apply a wax on top.I don't need the protection it's more for the look.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEST SIDE View Post
    What look did you like better on the car,with or without the souveran on it.I only ask because i have a deep red (burgundy) car that i just appied WGDGPS and can't decide if i want to apply a wax on top.I don't need the protection it's more for the look.

Thanks
    Put a wax on it

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that you should put a wax on top. If you're really cautious then maybe just try it on a panel or the roof (something out of sight so that if you don't like it its not the first thing you see). I feel as though the hard candy aspect still pokes through the wax but it warmed it up a bit. It still looks like a red jolly rancher on the verge of melting...delicious
    Jeff C.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: My experience with WDGPS and Liquid Souveran

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Put a wax on it
    I have max wax,liquid souveran,845 iw,and 915
    Pick one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcarson112 View Post
    I would say that you should put a wax on top. If you're really cautious then maybe just try it on a panel or the roof (something out of sight so that if you don't like it its not the first thing you see). I feel as though the hard candy aspect still pokes through the wax but it warmed it up a bit. It still looks like a red jolly rancher on the verge of melting...delicious
    I wouldn't do it out of site, I would do it right where the suns gonna hit it and make you go WOW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    I wouldn't do it out of site, I would do it right where the suns gonna hit it and make you go WOW.
    I only said out of sight so that if he didn't like it, it wouldn't be punching him in the face every time he looks at the car.

I guess, the next obvious question is what type of car is this burgundy car of yours.
    Jeff C.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcarson112 View Post
    I only said out of sight so that if he didn't like it, it wouldn't be punching him in the face every time he looks at the car.

I guess, the next obvious question is what type of car is this burgundy car of yours.
    04-Ford T-Bird,Color-Merlot with light sand interior leather.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast