autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Review: Optimum Opti-Clean

OK, got the chance to use Opti-Clean for the first time and thought I'd share my thoughts on it. For a more info-filled and detailed review, check out CEE DOG's review: Review: Optimum Opti Clean. I did a wash, clay, WG PPE, and WG DGPS on Monday, followed by a wipedown with DP Final Gloss Tuesday. It rained a bit on Tuesday night and some on Wednesday, so there was some light dust that had turned into a light film of dirt.

The product: Optimum Opti Clean Cleaner & Protectant, Opticlean all purpose cleaner protectant

Before

some light dust, water spots, etc. (hard to see it on this color, but it's dirty)

After

no, I didn't clean the tires and wheel wells

This car was last polished back in the middle of March. Using proper washing tools and technique, and always trying to work clean, you can maintain a swirl free finish!

Thoughts:
    The front end of my car was in the sun and the back half was in the shade, so just for kicks I used OOC in the sun to see what would happen. I did notice a little bit of streaking on both the paint and glass when used in the sun, but a quick follow-up with a clean dry towel took care of that. Lots of lubricity, picked up the dirt easily and didn't spread it around. Looked like I'd spent a couple of hours on my car, when I'd really only spent about 20 minutes. BTW, I used a Miracle towel and really only needed one to do the whole car, although I probably could have used 2. This is a really good product for keeping that just washed look anytime! I think I might pick up the 32 oz. next time. This will be great to use when it gets cooler out. Next product to be used is DP Waterless Wash.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Review: Optimum Opti-Clean

Its great isnt it? Buy a gallon Shane!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick review Shane, I think I'll be picking up some Opti-clean with my next order.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for putting this review together. I have been using the DP Waterless Wash, but I am still very interested to try the Optimum version. Not having access to a hose at my apartment, these waterless washes make my life easier during the week when I can just do a quick wipedown instead of dragging out the buckets and so forth. Looks like I will have to pick some up soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Shane! I like it as well
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Question for those that have OOC. Would it not be more economical to use ONR at QD strength (8oz per gallon) than using OOC? OOC at 3:1 will yield 4 gallons. One gallon of ONR at QD strength will yield 16 gallons of QD. Reading the directions it said if the car is dirty do an ONR wash. Is OOC that much better than ONR? Any thoughts? They are both $39.99 a gallon. BTW I just got my gallon of OOC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Question for those that have OOC. Would it not be more economical to use ONR at QD strength (8oz per gallon) than using OOC? OOC at 3:1 will yield 4 gallons. One gallon of ONR at QD strength will yield 16 gallons of QD. Reading the directions it said if the car is dirty do an ONR wash. Is OOC that much better than ONR? Any thoughts? They are both $39.99 a gallon. BTW I just got my gallon of OOC.
    Im sure you will find it superior to ONR as soon as you try it compared to ONR QD. Doc G. sent a response to Corey on this ? and said OOC has mo' better polymers than ONR because not as much water in solution as I recall. Please post your observations as we respect your opinions on all things detailing!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I don't think ONR at QD strength would have enough lubricity to safely remove a light film of dirt (as opposed to dust). I would assume you would have to mix it at a slightly higher product to water ratio in order to have a "waterless wash" versus a quick detailer. That will yield you less than your 16 gallons obviously. Since you already picked up Opti-Clean, try it against ONR mixed at waterless wash ratio and see how they stack up and which one you like better.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Im sure you will find it superior to ONR as soon as you try it compared to ONR QD. Doc G. sent a response to Corey on this ? and said OOC has mo' better polymers than ONR because not as much water in solution as I recall. Please post your observations as we respect your opinions on all things detailing!
    Thank you for your response. I will try it this weekend and let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    I don't think ONR at QD strength would have enough lubricity to safely remove a light film of dirt (as opposed to dust). I would assume you would have to mix it at a slightly higher product to water ratio in order to have a "waterless wash" versus a quick detailer. That will yield you less than your 16 gallons obviously. Since you already picked up Opti-Clean, try it against ONR mixed at waterless wash ratio and see how they stack up and which one you like better.
    Makes sense Shane...Since Dr. G did not have a waterless wash, OCC filled in that gap. I will try it and see what happens.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast