autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have experience with Xzilon?

My parents just bought a new 2011 vehicle and paid for the dealer's Xzilon treatment that comes with a 5-year warranty. (Of course they did this before talking to me and giving me a chance to steer them away from wasting money on a dealer treatment that I could do better with $50 worth of quality product.) They usually buy pre-owned vehicles and this brand new and very expensive vehicle was a big deal for them, so they wanted it to be fully protected.

So.... I'd like to be able to tell them that the Xzilon treatment has some technical value and that they didn't just pay for a $30 synthetic paint sealant a $569 warranty. But I haven't used the stuff.

Has anyone seen Xzilon in action and have an idea how long it lasts and how well it protects? There are some old threads (2007-ish) about Xzilon, but nothing recent and no detailed reviews or experience.
    Last edited by NorthernVaBMW; 09-19-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Regular Member Executive Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anyone have experience with Xzilon?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernVaBMW View Post
    My parents just bought a new 2011 vehicle and paid for the dealer's Xzilon treatment that comes with a 5-year warranty. (Of course they did this before talking to me and giving me a chance to steer them away from wasting money on a dealer treatment that I could do better with $50 worth of quality product.) They usually buy pre-owned vehicles and this brand new and very expensive vehicle was a big deal for them, so they wanted it to be fully protected.

So.... I'd like to be able to tell them that the Xzilon treatment has some technical value and that they didn't just pay for a $30 synthetic paint sealant a $569 warranty. But I haven't used the stuff.

Has anyone seen Xzilon in action and have an idea how long it lasts and how well it protects? There are some old threads (2007-ish) about Xzilon, but nothing recent and no detailed reviews or experience.

One of my regular clients bought it off ebay and asked me to apply it to his vehicle. I think it's been about 3 months now and it still beads like it was treated yesterday. I don't know much about it, but at least I can watch how it performs closely. Despite some of the negatives I've heard about it, it really doesn't seem to be a bad product. I will also say that the bugs and sap seem to wipe off without ANY problems. I don't think it's worth paying the dealership that kind of price, but to buy it MUCH cheaper and apply it yourself, would definitely be better. At first I was a little skeptical, but it does seem to be holding up right now. Again, it's only been a few months. So we'll see.
    Jeremy Vizzi
    Executive Detail, LLC of Tampa Bay
    http://www.executivedetailllc.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great. Thanks for the info. Looks like it has some redeeming qualities.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to apply xzilon at a dealership, it seems to be a great sealant. I would compare it to 4* UPP in protection, but the dealership price on it is more for the warranty than the actual product. By having xzilon installed by the dealership, the paint is warrantied against oxidation and fading for 5 years; but there are loopholes in the system that don't allow most people to cash in on the warranty if something goes wrong with their paint.

The loopholes are that in the fine print, it says the warranty is void if you use a brush carwash or any not touchless carwash system...hand wash is ok. The way the dealership can tell if the car has been voided is by the pattern of scratches on the paint. Also no paintwork correction can be done outside the dealership.

Overall, the interior xzilon protection is outstanding, the paint protection is equivalent to a good sealant, and the price is for the warranty not the product itself.
    Jon Miles

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Good info.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to apply Xzilon as well, and found out that the people who bought it did not seem to be the type of people to maintain thier vehicle. If the customer saw how it was applied they would not believe that it is worth the money. To do an entire vehicle took about 20 minutes, once cleaned. How is one to prove how the vehicle was washed? The dealership I worked at did not have a set price for this application, they made it up as they went along.(Usually around $600)
    One could buy a LOT of good wax for $600.

Post Thanks / Like

You are essentially paying for a warranty. The product itself IMO is alright but nothing to really write home about, but the warranty is ok. Keep in mind it does have a lot of loopholes so make sure you stick by them. Even though at my previous job we offered it, I would never sell it because I truly did not believe in the product. Tested it for myself, and it lasts no longer then a good $20 wax/sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to dig up such an old thread...

But I was just contacted by someone today inquiring about a Xzilon paint coating? I have never heard of this product before but a quick google search pulled up this thread! Being that my 'Geeks' on the forum are quite knowledgeable, I thought I'd come in to ask and try to find out more info on what exactly this product is!?

Is it just a glorified synthetic sealant, or an actual coating?? The sales rep for Xzilon in CA continued to call it a coating and said it only needs to be applied a single time.

I called my local dealer and they charge $695 for application to paint only. Dealer said it protects against dents/dings, scratches, and all environmental "impacts". I was surprised to hear it doesn't have it's own force field! He also said only one application is necessary...BUT... they do equip you with all tools, including additional product, to reapply at your own discretion on a yearly basis. I asked if this reapplication is mandatory to maintain the warranty but he said he wasn't completely educated on the product and needed me to come in to speak with another salesman, and that I cannot do!

So... does anyone here have any first-hand experience with this product or know the facts about the warranty etc? Even the sales rep in CA couldn't tell me everything, which is why she directed me to a local dealer. She also said that she couldn't discus pricing as each dealer charges differently!

Thanks in advance!

*EDIT* Warranty is 5 years, but was told it has lasted up to 7 years!

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have experience with Xzilon. I use it everyday. Hope I can help.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Paid a small fortune to a dealer to put it on a 2009 Corvette which included tinting the windows. I was so impressed with the what seemed like a quart of pigeon droppings washed off IO wanted to do my Buick Enclave. I found Xzilon on the web and bought three kits for $100, sold one for $50 and kept two for myself. After thorough cleaning the Buick, the application of Xzilon was quite simple following the instructions. Both cars after three years and water still beads up and both feel very smooth. I would do any new vehicle I ever buy again. Actually the 7oz tin has enough for two vehicles if you don't waste it. There seems to be a lot of bad comments on this product, and I can't figure out why. I think it's great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast