autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Wolfgang Auto Bathe - Review and How-to

Wolfgang Auto Bathe - Review and How-to

Review
    Tested out the Wolfgang Auto Bathe and took down a few notes.

• Excellent sudsing action
    • Suds last all the way through the wash job
    • Pleasant fragrance, makes washing your car more enjoyable
    • Very slippery feel to your hand when dipping a mitt into the solution or when gliding a wash mitt or brush over the surface
    • Rinses off easily for streak-free results

Anything that makes washing my car more of a pleasure than a pain is good by me and using quality tools makes washing your car more fun and enjoyable and that includes a quality car wash shampoo.

I've used plenty of different car wash solutions over the years and for most people, washing is the one step you'll tend to do more often then polishing and waxing, for this reason it only makes sense to use a quality product that's going to offer good lubricating characteristics and good cleaning ability without being overkill for what you're trying to accomplish. Wolfgang Auto Bathe falls into this category of car wash shampoos.

Wolfgang Auto Bathe offers plenty of rich suds which everyone wants to see when they mix up a bucket of car wash solution and the suds last until the you're done washing the car. It smells nice and that's always a bonus with any paint care product. Slickness or slipperiness is a important because you want dirt and dust to glide off the paint, not grind into the paint and Wolfgang Auto Bathe is a very slippery feeling wash solution. The other important feature in a quality car wash is referred to as free-rinsing, this means the soap solutions rinses off easily without grabbing or lingering onto the paint leaving behind soap stains, Wolfgang Auto Bathe rinses off clear and clean plus it's also human and earth friendly as well as biodegradable.

This review is just about my experience with the product when washing an almost black car in warm weather, but there's a bunch of scientific chemistry information if you're interested in that aspect also on the store webpage for this product here.

Besides using a quality car wash shampoo, another product I don't think I could live without, (seriously), is a 5-Gallon Wash Bucket with 5 Wheel Car Wash Dolly. This makes it easy to roll your bucket of car wash solution around the car as you continue to wash the car.

How-to
    Directions on the label say to pour 1-2 ounces of concentrate into a car wash bucket and then spray a heavy jet water to activate the suds.

Another option is to fill the bucket half full with water before blasting it with a strong jet spray of water to engage the suds.

To do this, simply remove the spray nozzle off the end of your hose and then bury the end of the hose into the bottom of the bucket. This will mix the Wolfgang Auto Bathe shampoo thoroughly with the water.

By using just a strong flow of water you can add about 4 gallons or so of water without creating too many suds. If you look at the below pictures you'll see the water level is high but there's only a little volume of suds floating on the top surface.

Now replace your spray nozzle and blast the water for piles of rich, thick bubbly suds!

Lots 'O Suds

Perfectly mixed solution of water and Wolfgang Auto Bathe

Now you're ready to wash the car with a DoDo Juice Supernatural Wash Mitt aka the Wookie's Fist or your favorite mitt or brush.

Wolfgang Auto Bathe is a pleasure to use and cleans very well while still being pH neutral so it won't strip off wax or paint sealant protection. Whether you have a new car that you want to pamper or you're maintaining the finish on a car that you want to look like new, then it's time to put away the dish washing detergent and and upgrade to a premium quality shampoo, Wolfgang Auto Bathe.

Products Used
    Wolfgang Auto Bathe
    5 Gallon Wash Bucket System with 5 Wheel Car Wash Dolly
    Fire Hose Nozzle
    Brass Shut-Off Valve & Brass Quick Connectors
    Wookie's Fist - Merino Wool Wash Mitt

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Auto Bathe - Review and How-to

Suds last all the way through the wash job
    Hey Mike quick question about this.

I currently use Meg's Gold Class soap and the one thing that I notice about this soap is that is doesn't seem to have lasting suds. The suds tend to die off about halfway through washing my car (and I have a small car!) and then I have to re-activate the suds. My problem with this is that I am then diluting the soap further and from my understanding, that reduces the soaps' lubricating properties as I have added more water without adding soap. So, would you say that a soap that has suds that last longer like this is better for washing?

Maybe I'm just overthinking everything, but maybe you could help me out.

Thanks,
    Konrad

Post Thanks / Like

Thank Mike. I just bought that as part of the connoisseur's kit. Haven't had a chance to use it yet as it's been raining quite a bit here lately.

BTW, how did you like the Wookie fist?
    Last edited by ph16; 10-29-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added Q

Post Thanks / Like

yeah I love this stuff too! I bragged to my neighbor about it and he just got a chance to try it out and didn't like it! I absolutely loved it though.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

would you recommend this for a foam gun? how much water to soap?
    1 part soap to 1 part water or 2 parts water?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squeak View Post
    would you recommend this for a foam gun? how much water to soap?
    1 part soap to 1 part water or 2 parts water?

thanks
    X2
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by konrad View Post
    Hey Mike quick question about this.

I currently use Meg's Gold Class soap and the one thing that I notice about this soap is that is doesn't seem to have lasting suds. The suds tend to die off about halfway through washing my car (and I have a small car!) and then I have to re-activate the suds. My problem with this is that I am then diluting the soap further and from my understanding, that reduces the soaps' lubricating properties as I have added more water without adding soap. So, would you say that a soap that has suds that last longer like this is better for washing?

Maybe I'm just overthinking everything, but maybe you could help me out.

Thanks,
    Konrad
    The Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo isn't Meguiar's best sudsing soap, it's focus is on lubrication and conditioning. I think when they build one extreme into this formula, (lubricating and conditioning), you lose the other extreme, the ability for bubbles to endure over time. That's just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ph16 View Post

BTW, how did you like the Wookie fist?
    For a lambswool wash mitt I like it. It's um... what's the technical term.... oh yeah, it's FREAKING HUGE, there we go, that pretty much describes it to a T.

Seriously, it's a long hair mitt and these long strand of lambswool easily get into tight places to loosen dirt so you can rinse the dirt off the car.

Now follow me on this, If you break the car washing process down to its most simplest components, the idea of moving some kind of material against the body isn't to give you exercise, it's to loosen the grip any kind of dirt or road grime has on the paint and other surface materials so when you rinse the car the loosened dirt and road grime will flow off the car. Make sense?

So for this goal this wash mitt works exceedingly well.