autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Review of many Poorboy's product, Natty Red Vs. Blue

Since I first started detailling car. I didn't have the money for big buck brand names. And my choices were either Poorboys, DP, or Chemical Guys. I decided to give PB a try because Chemical G have too much BS in their listing.

Pb Wheel Sealant:+ excellent gum scent. + Excellent Slickness, + apply very easily, - one coat isn't enought for a good protection. it need at least 2 coat and you should wait 24h between coat. I was expecting a bit more shine but it still boost A LITTLE the rim paint. 9/10.

Black Hole: If you don't let the product haze a bit like a wax you won't get the result you want! + The grape scent is so NICE! + def. hide light swirl. + It's SO SLICK, it's too bad you have to put a wax on top because you would love to keep your paint slick like that. I have no cons to say. 9.5/10 ( because of the time consuming)
    ** Sorry I have no pic. **

SSR Complete line: After a couple of try. I found that the only combo that truly work is SSR2 with a Orange pad with around 10 pass per panel.I don't know any other compund who can work under the sun, this is perfect when I don't have a garage to work.I found it leave a nice reflexion and give back some life to the paint.However, I heard that Menzerna give better finish. I can't comment. SSR2.5 work great for Headlight.But I found myself never using the SSR3 and SSR1. 8/10

Natty Red: +Love the strawberry scent( even my customer ask me why it smell so good after the detailling!). + Very SLICK. + Really does what it's suppose: make flakes pop whatever the color is. - The downside would be the Durabillity: After a 400km road trip with rain, I had white haze on my car and the car wasn't as slick as it was. 8.5/10 ( because of the durability issue)
    Take a look at the FENDER, you should be able to see all the flakes pop!

Natty Blue: Now, I only try it on my Black pearl metallic but I'm very dissapointed ; - It's less slick than Natty Red or Black Hole, - harder to apply and haze than Red, and what about the look ??? NADA, no difference between Red and Blue, it's suppose to be wetter but it's so minimal, I prefer to buy one jar of wax instead of 2. Is it because my paint is metallic? I dunno.. 6/10
    I also did a 50/50 shot with DODO Juice Blue velvet and dodo was a bit wetter and more slick.
    LEFT( RED)- RIGHT(BLUE) HOOD!

Right side had one coat of Blue( it does look wet but the other side was as wet with one coat of RED) TRUNK ONLY done with DODO Blue Velvet:

QD+ : My car doesn't sleep under a garage so it collect dust. this QD+ is perfect to whipe off the dust and leave a slick finish. I also think it does help the durability of the wax.the smell isn't addictive ( joke!) . Also, it does leave streak on the paint, So you really have to WIPE the microfiber to get a streak-free finish. 8/10

Spray and Wipe: I wasn't impress at all with it. I did 5 different application and all 5 cars had white streak on it after Wiping the car! I thought by the description of the products that this product was like a waterless car wash. Not at all. I guess I had too much dirt and this is why it turned white. But hey! If I had less dirt on my 5 different application, I would have used QD+ instead because it does give a bit of shine and make the paint slick.

When I told PB forum about it, I found out that 1 days later they deleted my whole topic and post. This is freakin gay. Seem like Pb can't stand behide their product like Palm Beach does. Anyways, I guess it will make a great CLAY LUBE!

Bottom line: Poorboys sell a lot of product and I'm satisfied with their product overall and they are excellent for any starter detailer like me. The guys at PB are very friendly too!
    Last edited by cobraa; 11-01-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of many Poorboy's product, Natty Red Vs. Blue

So what about Red vrs. Blue?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused you said Nattys Red vs Blue but talked about wheel sealant lol
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    I'm confused you said Nattys Red vs Blue but talked about wheel sealant lol

Yeah sorry, I was editing my topic. I took 1 hour to write this. I didn't want my computer to freeze so I did it in parts!

Post Thanks / Like

First, nice car. Second, your sun visor is upside down , but really, it is. Third, how can you give Red an 8.5, and Blue a 6 rating, and say that they look the same. Red and Blue are both good looking waxes. Both have a poor lifespan compared to some others. Dodo is more than triple the price of Natty's. Otherwise good review. Im not trying to sound like a "donkey", but .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detail viking View Post
    First, nice car. Second, your sun visor is upside down , but really, it is. Third, how can you give Red an 8.5, and Blue a 6 rating, and say that they look the same. Red and Blue are both good looking waxes. Both have a poor lifespan compared to some others. Dodo is more than triple the price of Natty's. Otherwise good review. Im not trying to sound like a "donkey", but .
    Why? Because Red is easier to apply and haze faster. 2) it's slicker( everybody prefer a slick paint). 3) the scent is better lol!
    Last edited by cobraa; 08-26-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. Nice pics btw...

Post Thanks / Like

I remember red to be a bit wetter too ...

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's the metallic, but I know with Souveran and Nattys Blue I have both are about the wettest looking waxes. I noticed they both kinda mute flakes though for that pop, that other waxes seem to make bling bling. Like for some reason they both give one of our silver cars a deeper warm glow and not much pop, but Collinite 915 gives warm glow and flake pop like crazy, and AW does the same as the 915 in terms of look.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Maybe it's the metallic, but I know with Souveran and Nattys Blue I have both are about the wettest looking waxes. I noticed they both kinda mute flakes though for that pop, that other waxes seem to make bling bling. Like for some reason they both give one of our silver cars a deeper warm glow and not much pop, but Collinite 915 gives warm glow and flake pop like crazy, and AW does the same as the 915 in terms of look.
    That why I do 1 coat of Red + 1 coat of Blue. So, I have a wet pearl look. Can you please let me know what is AW?

I just bought a jar of MAX WAX. I'm confident that this wax have a similar look to Natty Blue but with more durability.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast