autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Microfiber W/ ONR Wash

Well I need to order some more microfibers since I only have 4, and the ones I have are good for polish and wax removal and I dont want to start to mix using them for washing as well, so which type of microfiber works best for ONR washes. I also have 2 guzzlers that I use for traditional washing but I dont think they would work well for ONR but I am not sure.....

What type do you all recommend for using with ONR washes?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Microfiber W/ ONR Wash

???? anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

For washing, I use a chenille wash mitt (dreadlock style).

For drying, I have used several types: waffle weave with foam interior (Mothers and AG sell these), plain microfiber towels like the Viking drying towel, and waffle weaves. I end up using two towels....one to get the majority of water up and then a drying towel. CharlesW had a post in the last few days that covers his method. I have seen some that just use regular mf towels.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I use a lake country blue sponge, Then my first drying pass is a guzzler, and my final pass is a super plush towel from pakshak

Post Thanks / Like

I used ONR for the first time a few days ago,I used a shamrock MF,worked great

Post Thanks / Like

I like chenille mitts or sheepskin mitts for washing and the grey supremes Mf for wax and polish removal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BackdraftDJP View Post
    Well I need to order some more microfibers since I only have 4, and the ones I have are good for polish and wax removal and I dont want to start to mix using them for washing as well, so which type of microfiber works best for ONR washes. I also have 2 guzzlers that I use for traditional washing but I dont think they would work well for ONR but I am not sure.....

What type do you all recommend for using with ONR washes?
    This question can be taken more than one way.
    Are you looking for a MF to use as your wash media or are you looking for a MF for drying?

IMO, it doesn't make any difference in what you are using them for, but it might to some.
    I personally don't care for WW MF towels for any thing but glass cleaning.
    I use good quality terry weave MF for anything I want a MF for.
    I have used MF towels for washing, but they weren't my favorite. No problem with them, just prefer other methods.

As far as drying after a rinseless wash, good terry weave MF towels work great for me.

As far as wash media for rinseless washes, I have used cotton chenille wash mitts, cotton chenille covered sponges, Sea sponges, grout sponges, (Both the Lowes and the HD), sheepskin mitts, MF mitts, and my choice at this time, The Bone MF covered sponge by Cobra. All of those listed did a good job and My reason for liking the Bone is just subjective. I like the wash solution it holds and I like the feel of it when using it. That doesn't mean it is really any better than any of the other products I have used.

FWIW, the only cheap towels I have used and continued to use are the large yellow Vroom drying towels from target and the large blue drying towels from Wal*Mart. I only use them for waterless and rinseless washing and have no complaints.
    My polish and wax removal towels and my QD towels are all higher end towels. Pak Shak, Premium, Poorboy's, Cobra. Considering how long they las, I didn't think MF towels were the place to compromise on quality. The Target and Wal*Mart drying towels were recommended bu another user and they do seem to be fine and are certainly economical.
    When I first started buying MF, AG didn't have the BOGO or I probably would have all higher end towels.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for drying towels.......I plan on using a sea sponge with a 2 bucket wash.