autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review of Wolfgang DGPS 3.0

My daily driver is a 2008 Dodge Caliber in Surf Blue, I really love the color, it hides dirt to a point but I do love keeping it clean. I never really had a chance to detail her last year, but this year I vowed to do it, and after being pointed to the Wolfgang line of products, I'm definitely impressed.

To get rid of some slight swirl marks and bring out the shine of the color of my car since it has a hint of metallic background to it, I decided to use DGPS 3.0.

The car had been washed a week prior to get rid of the pollen, being from Jersey, and it not raining for over a week, it was in some rough shape since it's not garaged. I received DGPS 3.0 yesterday and today I went to work.

I use one bucket with two grit guards from AG and the Cobra Bone sponge. My wash of choice is Armor All Ultra Shine wash and wax, but that's just my preference. It was washed thoroughly, dried with microfiber and let to sit for a while in the shade.

I used a microfiber applicator and applied to the whole car, with the exception of the roof. This product goes on incredibly smooth, and a little goes a long way. This was quite impressive given the cost. I'm resting easier now that I know this bottle will last me well through next year! Although if I use it on my other car (2008 Cadilac DTS) who knows what will happen!

After applying it I let it sit like most people had recommended. I get nervous when I'm told to let a wax or sealer sit for longer than 20 minutes because I know I'm going to have to put in a ton of elbow grease. This was definitely not the case!! This product buffed off with the greatest of ease. I removed it using a microfiber towel and was done surprisingly fast; of course, then I did the roof! No problems there either.

In my opinion it's definitely worth the money, and for a mid-size car like mine it will last you a while. Contrary to some posts, I had no problems with consistency or separation and come to think of it, never shook the bottle mid application! Go figure! I've recommended this product to another Caliber owner that has the same color, and a few people I know that have black. If they're like me they will be greatly impressed.

For those of you wondering what I'm going to do to keep it dry in order for it to cure since I leave it outside....that's a secret! Actually, it will be in someone else's garage for the duration.

Pictures do NOT do this product justice! However, I've included a few here, and let me tell you, this stuff is slick (literally, it's smooth as...well, never really ran into anything this smooth before!!). If I can, I'll update this post later on after it rains to see how it holds up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review of Wolfgang DGPS 3.0-051309_afterdgps-jpg   Review of Wolfgang DGPS 3.0-dgps02-jpg  
    Last edited by Meghan; 05-13-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of Wolfgang DGPS 3.0

I concur with the Doctor.
    "The only thing that hurts more than paying an income tax is not having to pay an income tax." --Thomas Robert Dewar

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WG sealant is probably one of the best sealants out there. I use it on all cars that I detail, and yes, the feeling of smoothness is beyond anything I've ever felt. After 12 hours, you can top it with a good carnauba and you will be even more impressed.
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately rain is due here in the next day or so, and of course when I'm working and can't wax is when it will be nice. Have to love Murphy and his laws!! Once I get a good streak of nice weather I'll polish her up, she's in a car show next weekend, so every little bit helps.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

looks good, im diggin the grill lights

Super Member ObsessiveAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang DGPS is the best. Your ride looks good. However, I noticed something in your writeup - "I use one bucket with two grit guards from AG and the Cobra Bone sponge. My wash of choice is Armor All Ultra Shine wash and wax, but that's just my preference. It was washed thoroughly, dried with microfiber and let to sit for a while in the shade."

If the wash contains a speed wax, that would affect the ability of the DGPS to properly bond to the paint, compromising the integrity of the sealant. Just food for thought.
    Josh Bachman
    Obsessive Auto & Marine Detail
    www.obsessiveautodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I never thought of that!! Thanks for pointing that out. So far I'm pleased with the results, a few people have noticed it already without me pointing it out to them.

Perhaps the next time I'll use a regular car wash so as to avoid an integrity issue. I guess we'll have to stay tuned!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used the DGPS product myself and am very pleased. I bought my vehicle used (7k miles) so I used wolfgang's claybar system first, then used their pre-sealant enhancer followed by their sealant. I did use some carnuba wax on top of it. I did this all by hand since I did not have a polisher. I'll be buying one soon.

Post Thanks / Like

most washes offering wax ability like have beeswax in them for beading more so than actual protection. Most people equate beading with protection, so helping bead is a common trick. Beeswax could effect a sealant curing and durability, but suspect most is wiped off when car was dried. To be safe an IPA wipe can certainly be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to educate a dummy, what is a IPA wipe?
    Drives a 2008 Z4MC (His) & 2003 Z4 Roadster (Her's)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast