autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of P21s Gel Wheel Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by eyecandy View Post
    Nice review! I was about to write one and you beat me to it!

However I disagree on the pricing P21s wheel cleaners. I come from a little different background when it comes to wheels, I want the best for them, they make or break the car!

My wheels are aftermarket, not overally expensive, but still a good chunk at $600-800 a piece plus a 6month wait time if they need to be replaced. Compare that to the price of the P21S gel, thats atleast 33 spray bottles (less buying in bulk), but if you use a good sealant maintenance is easier/less costly and your wheels look better in the end!

I highly agree with this statement .... with an MSRP of 1100.00 per wheel in the rear for the Vette alone, that does not include the fronts at 900.00 each, P21S is well worth the extra $$ to avoid damage and need for repair.

If you can trust them for custom wheels, it will still work wonders for hubcaps and trim rings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eyecandy View Post
    Nice review! I was about to write one and you beat me to it!

However I disagree on the pricing P21s wheel cleaners. I come from a little different background when it comes to wheels, I want the best for them, they make or break the car!

My wheels are aftermarket, not overally expensive, but still a good chunk at $600-800 a piece plus a 6month wait time if they need to be replaced. Compare that to the price of the P21S gel, thats atleast 33 spray bottles (less buying in bulk), but if you use a good sealant maintenance is easier/less costly and your wheels look better in the end!
    Make or break the car...COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i have an '07 audi that shows brake dust after a short drive and a couple of brakings. always wondered why german car makers feel the need to install pads that dust up like crazy?

i know you can get after-market ceramics, but with all the new technology, still can't figure out why the germans insist on the brake dust nightmares.

can't help it but have to wipe down the wheels every night...kind of a beating but i like clean wheels!
    Never lie if your memory stinks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricka View Post
    i have an '07 audi that shows brake dust after a short drive and a couple of brakings. always wondered why german car makers feel the need to install pads that dust up like crazy?

i know you can get after-market ceramics, but with all the new technology, still can't figure out why the germans insist on the brake dust nightmares.

can't help it but have to wipe down the wheels every night...kind of a beating but i like clean wheels!
    I got one word for you... Kleenwheels!

Post Thanks / Like

you know, i did ask the audi dealer about them. said the warranty wouldn't abide as it caused too much heat on the brake rotors.

wouldn't mind hearing from other audi owners on here if they found that to be the case
    Never lie if your memory stinks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    P21S wheel cleaner gel is amazing stuff, but is quite expensive for daily driver. I want to try Optimum Power Clean for wheels, it is much more cost efficient. I believe it needs to be used full strengh.
    not necessarily true. optimum power clean works great with a dilution ratio of 8 to1 which alot of times is sufficient, at the most i would use a 4 to 1 ratio and never full strentgh. imo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricka View Post
    you know, i did ask the audi dealer about them. said the warranty wouldn't abide as it caused too much heat on the brake rotors.

wouldn't mind hearing from other audi owners on here if they found that to be the case
    try ceramic pads ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12