autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Wash BETA Testers Needed

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    Another great reason.

That's not getting through the tinfoil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    Another great reason.

Thank youRinseless Wash BETA Testers Needed

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    Can someone explain why I would
    not want anything left behind after
    a rinseless wash?
    {To turn the question upside down}:

IMO:
    A person that does want a RW/WW
    to leave a film-layer of "something"
    behind...must have a grudge against
    the LSP with which the vehicle is
    currently adorned.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That's not a very good coating if those "properties" last very long.
    Coating is still there waiting to do its job but now it's 'blanketed' by the LSP-ish qualities of whatever glossing agent or whatever was left behind.

When I was using WG Uber Rinseless over Uber Ceramic as a light cleaner the dust attraction and water/dirt repellant qualities were that of Uber Rinseless (more dust, less self cleaning/sheeting) until it wore off. Using something like PB Spray and Wipe for light cleaning keeps the coatings behavior 'on top'.

I think...maybe...quite possibly...dunno, coated car just stays cleaner using PB as opposed to Uber Rinseless or Kenotech Showroom Shine.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Coating is still there waiting to do its job but now it's 'blanketed' by the LSP-ish qualities of whatever glossing agent or whatever was left behind.

When I was using WG Uber Rinseless over Uber Ceramic as a light cleaner the dust attraction and water/dirt repellant qualities were that of Uber Rinseless (more dust, less self cleaning/sheeting) until it wore off. Using something like PB Spray and Wipe for light cleaning keeps the coatings behavior 'on top'.

I think...maybe...quite possibly...dunno, coated car just stays cleaner using PB as opposed to Uber Rinseless or Kenotech Showroom Shine.

You're probably gonna rip it, but in your opinion, how does Meguiars Last Touch compare to PB Spray & Wipe?

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You're probably gonna rip it, but in your opinion, how does Meguiars Last Touch compare to PB Spray & Wipe?

Sent from my iPhone
    Don't believe I've ever tried the Megs Last Touch. Seems like it may have something in it to enhance gloss from description.

Had 3 black cars I coated with Uber Ceramic last Spring:

1. 2005 Black Mica Mazda3. Coated, topped with lotsa stuff, WGDGPS, Dodo Purple Haze, WG Fuzion, Pinnacle Souveran, Kennotek Showroom Shine, WG Uber Rinseless, Dodo Basics of Bling, WG Detail Spritz, probably a few more. Was the test car of the household...even after I burned thru the clear on the trunk screwing around with M101 on a purple foamed wool pad; oops!

2. 2004 black Corvette. Coated, hit with Uber Rinseless in QD dilution once or twice in late Spring, after that only washed (WG Auto Bathe) and hit once a month with a coating 'booster'.

3. 2016 metallic black WRX. Coated, maintained with Uber Rinseless QD, Kenotek Showroom Shine up until about August, then only washed, hit once a month with coating 'booster'.

Mazda3 paint performed pretty much like a car with wax/sealant. Drive in rain...water spots, dirt and dust, only looked clean after washing until next rain, but like all black cars, immediate dust attraction.

WRX paint performed pretty much like Mazda up until I quit screwing around with anything but wash/coating booster once a month. Then car looked sigificantly cleaner all the time, even after driving in rain.

Corvette paint performed great with only wash/monthly coating booster. It was pretty much daily driven like other cars, thru rain and whatver. It consistently remained relatively clean and shiny between washes.

So in the end, the Corvette which recd the least amount of product application for the entire 'season' consistently looked the best with the least amount of attention. The WRX reached the Corvette level of easy maint. once I stopped with application of anything but the wash/booster. Mazda paint performed as a normally waxed/sealed car in that it required the most attention to keep looking respectfully clean.

I guess the WG Auto Bathe (glossing agents or whatever might be in it) aren't really strong enough to interfere much with the coating...I guess.

Really don't do rinseless/waterless washes...only started looking for stuff like that as winter descended and might need something to clean a bit better after a quick coin op spray bay run.

After seeing how some QD stuff with added 'enhancements' performed over the summer vs 'less is more' approach on coated cars, looked for something with minimal 'interference' after use.

Dunno about the reality behind all this, well aware how sometimes things look better while in reality its all in my mind. Just know that once I went with consistent 'less is more' approach the cars looked better for longer with less effort.

Traded the Mazda in late September on a 2016 Civic Coupe in metallic blue which I promptly dropped 3 layers of a foreign coating combo on. We'll see how it looks next spring with minimal washing and nothing else applied to it for loooong periods of time. So far, it's doing well in this NE Ohio winter. Got rained on all day yesterday (quick warm spell)...looks almost like someone washed it; salt dust/deposits pretty much gone. Little bit cleaner after rain than the WRX although WRX coating nearing 9 months, Honda less than half that.

Oops...got a bit off original topic there.

Post Thanks / Like

@BudgetPlan1. That's interesting, so when it was all said and done all you did was bucket wash the vehicle and apply a "coating booster" once a month and had the best results.

How often do you bucket wash the vehicle? I take it you spray the PB's while it's wet as a drying aid?

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

@BudgetPlan1. That's interesting, so when it was all said and done all you did was bucket wash the vehicle and apply a "coating booster" once a month and had the best results.
    Pretty much...seemed like the less I did/put on the paint, the better it looked. Actually began looking forward to rainy days as often a heavy downpour would do 80% of the cleaning of a bucket wash.

That's one of the more interesting aspects of coating behavior for me, that is, after a rainstorm the remaining water that did not sheet/roll off hood/trunk/roof of a stationary vehicle just kind shrunk the drops smaller and smaller until they finally disappeared, leaving no trace. When the last thing that touched the paint was a 'normal' QD with 'stuff' in it, that beneficial water behavior was diminished/not present.

How often do you bucket wash the vehicle? I take it you spray the PB's while it's wet as a drying aid?

Sent from my iPhone
    By the end of summer, before the cold, snow and salt arrived, Vette and WRX washed about once every 2 weeks unless specific conditions (road trip, bugs, drove thru muddy field, etc) required it sooner.

Didn't discover/start the PB Spray & Wipe until end of 'season'. Generally used like a waterless wash only on a lightly soiled/dusty surface (dry); kinda like using a QD to clean in normal usage when full bucket wash would been overkill. I'd imagine it will get more use next Spring to clean up situations like the daily pollen blankets we get most years.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used the last of my sample last night. I had towels in the bucket soaking for a week but only because I planned on using the last sample on my wife's ride last weekend but the garage door down in the garage was broke for the better part of a week, too cold for that, so I ended up using it on my own car.

The time has come......RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!

PLEASE!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to report that this beta sample DOES lay on the surface, just like D114 does, so no worries there.

I know I've said this already but you can really see the clean when your done and when combined with the Big Blue drying towel, well, it makes cleaning your car THAT much more enjoyable.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast