autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Bug Remover Spritz

Wolfgang Bug Remover Spritz

Product information: Nobody likes to see bugs splattered allover the front of their vehicle, especially me. My predicament has always beenremoving the bugs without removing the wax! There’s a million-and-one bugremovers on the planet, but none of them are as advanced as Wolfgang BugRemover Spritz. My team managed to develop a special enzyme that only targetsbug remains, not the wax or sealant coating. Simply put, Wolfgang Bug RemoverSpritz removes bug splatter, not wax!

Product directions:
    1. Spray cleaner directly onto your vehicle
    2. Gently wash the affected area using Wolfgang's Das BugSponge
    3. Dry using a Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel
    The Review

I tested this in my detail shop recently on a customer'svehicle. She had a Subaru BRZ that she had just driven about 2.5 hours in theinterstate. The front end was completely covered with bugs and you could alsotell she hadn't washed it in several days. Temperature was about 72 out thatday. I followed the directions for the most part, but I decided to let theproduct penetrate the front bumper cover and headlight, and then I simplywashed the area with a 1,00 PSI pressure washer about 4 inches away from thesurface. I did not scrub the product at all. I wanted to see what it could doaside from washing/scrubbing. Pre-soaking bugs is always a good method, whichis why I chose this way to do the review.
    Products used: Wolfgang Bug Remover Spritz, 1,200 PSIpressure washer, MF Towel
    Steps:
    1. I began by taking photos of the top of the front bumpercover, the left headlight, and the right and left sides of the bumper cover.The bugs are pretty evident.
    2. I sprayed the entire front cover and allowed it to dwellthere for a few minutes (per directions)
    3. After it had set for the allotted amount of time, Isprayed the entire cover down with the pressure washer from about 4 inchesaway, moving slowly back and forth.
    4. I dabbed the cover dry with a plush MF towel and took thefinal photos.
    Impression:Thisis a pretty good product. You could tell itwas working during the presoak, as you could see grime running down the paint.Even just spraying the panels off and dabbing dry removed about 90% of thebugs. I didn't expect it to remove all of them, or even this much so I waspleased. After this, we hand washed the car and without using clay, the bugsall came off. I typically use a degreaser to pre-soak these areas and this didbetter than degreaser. Overall, I felt it's a good product.
    The only negative I would give this, is that it took a lotof sprays to coat the front bumper cover. As you can see in the photos, Ireally didn't put it on that heavy. When the front cover was sprayedcompletely, I had used about 1/3 of the bottle. I think I could only use thison about 3 cars before it was gone, so not sure how good of a value it wouldbe. However, for the recreational detailer that generally takes good care ofhis vehicle and uses this sparingly, it would be a good addition to the shelf.
    **** Overall rating: 4 of 5 stars ****
    Review: Wolfgang Bug Remover Spritz-cover-jpgReview: Wolfgang Bug Remover Spritz-cover-4-jpgReview: Wolfgang Bug Remover Spritz-cover-3-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Bug Remover Spritz

Nice review, have you ever used the McKee's bug remover as a comparison?
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't, just degreaser and APCs as a presoak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Would be good to see how this stacks up against Kenotek Anti Insect...a staple on my detailing shelf