autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Fuzion - First time user

Hello all,

I coated my car with Uber Ceramic about 3-4 weeks ago and today I decided to apply some fuzion after a rinseless wash with Uber RW.

I first pressure rinsed my car before starting my RW.

I applied some Fuzion to all horizontal panels and the fenders today as I had a little spare time. Application was a little weird but I followed the application technique demo'd by Mike P and Bruno Massel on youtube. Which was to apply in straight line motions.

Application wasn't too bad, initially it spread real nice, but the further I applied to the panel, it eventually got a little splotchy with dry spots, So I applied a little more to the pad at this point. Is this method correct? Moreover, once applied, It did not want to spread more if I went back over it again. By this I mean, there were some high points which I wanted to level before wipe off - but it would not spread, is this also normal?

Wipe off was weird too, the towel felt a little grabby when wiping off in circular motions, taking little bites. But once wiped off it felt nice and slick. I only applied to one panel before wiping off. Roof was applied half panel and then wiped off, before moving to the other side.

What sucks the most is that , even though the car was coated 3 - 4 weeks ago, parking on the main street with thousands of cars passing by each day has taken its toll. The paint felt a little rough which signals a clay in order which reallly really sucks....Clay means marring on this stupid soft paint, which means polishing, which means goodbye $129 coating

I probably won't do anything for now, but it really does suck.

I love the little tub it comes as as the polishing pal fits perfectly. I also really like the smell of it.

Here are some shots, I like the look of it.

I wish I had the energy to do the whole car. :/

Pics:

These last pics shows the reflections and I went outside to take a picture. Moreover it also shows how my car is parked 24/7 - 365.

And lastly, a picture from my house showing how I have to park lol.

Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Fuzion - First time user

Fuzion is the easiest product to apply and wipe off than anything on the market. After the first panel you don't need hardly any product as it goes a long way. Most issues with wax or hybrid applications are due to using too much product.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Fuzion - First time user

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Fuzion is the easiest product to apply and wipe off than anything on the market. After the first panel you don't need hardly any product as it goes a long way. Most issues with wax or hybrid applications are due to using too much product.
    Thanks bud, i actually had a similar issue with Souveran. I wanted to use the initial product that I put on the pad for a complete panel (hood). But halfway through the hood, I got those dry spots and splotchy areas - which made me want to apply more product, after which it was fine.

As mentioned, I followed Mike P's application technique to the T.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks outstanding my friend!

Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Looks outstanding my friend!

Kyle
    Thank you Kyle!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Hello all,

I coated my car with Uber Ceramic about 3-4 weeks ago and today I decided to apply some fuzion after a rinseless wash with Uber RW.

What sucks the most is that , even though the car was coated 3 - 4 weeks ago, parking on the main street with thousands of cars passing by each day has taken its toll. The paint felt a little rough which signals a clay in order which reallly really sucks....Clay means marring on this stupid soft paint, which means polishing, which means goodbye $129 coating

I probably won't do anything for now, but it really does suck.
    Dude, I feel your pain. I've gone through similar experiences where products have either let me down bigtime, or for whatever strange reason simply refuse to work on my car. [my car can be a picky PITA when it comes to accepting certain products]

You know exactly what you're doing, you've made the magic happen on countless other vehicles, but when it came time for you to give your own ride the royal treatment with what's touted as some of the top of the line stuff available today... And it completely lets you down. Smh.

I've been through the same exact thing and it sucks... You deserve better for all the effort you put into this stuff. The bigger the hype, the bigger the letdown.. You'll figure out what will work to protect your ride eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Dude, I feel your pain. I've gone through similar experiences where products have either let me down bigtime, or for whatever strange reason simply refuse to work on my car. [my car can be a picky PITA when it comes to accepting certain products]

You know exactly what you're doing, you've made the magic happen on countless other vehicles, but when it came time for you to give your own ride the royal treatment with what's touted as some of the top of the line stuff available today... And it completely lets you down. Smh. Hit me right in the feels lol.

I've been through the same exact thing and it sucks... You deserve better for all the effort you put into this stuff. The bigger the hype, the bigger the letdown.. You'll figure out what will work to protect your ride eventually.
    Amen brother. You took the words right out of my mouth. I look at my Mom's Audi and its perfect...ugh.

Fuzion was quite nice though lol. My method might be wrong or flawed in some way, but I got the results. The only thing I don't understand with these waxes is their price. I'm not mad, I got fuzion for $50 for 8oz. But what makes them so special?...the results aren't wow...its glowing yes but thats it.

P.S. If I could turn back time, I would not get a jap car. Reliable or not, jap paint sucks! I miss just claying my Gti every 2-3 months without a worry in the world. Zero marring, zero scratching.

i really want to learn what makes paint soft or hard. I'm happy I didn't get that Kia I was looking at as apparently its even worse. SMH

To top it all off, clearly someone was leaning on my car near work as my car was damn dusty but 2 spots were clean like someone wiped them with their A**, hello massive marring marks - So P'd Off

Rant over lol.

Fuzion FTW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Amen brother. You took the words right out of my mouth. I look at my Mom's Audi and its perfect...ugh.

Fuzion was quite nice though lol. My method might be wrong or flawed in some way, but I got the results. The only thing I don't understand with these waxes is their price. I'm not mad, I got fuzion for $50 for 8oz. But what makes them so special?...the results aren't wow...its glowing yes but thats it.

P.S. If I could turn back time, I would not get a jap car. Reliable or not, jap paint sucks! I miss just claying my Gti every 2-3 months without a worry in the world. Zero marring, zero scratching.

i really want to learn what makes paint soft or hard. I'm happy I didn't get that Kia I was looking at as apparently its even worse. SMH

To top it all off, clearly someone was leaning on my car near work as my car was damn dusty but 2 spots were clean like someone wiped them with their A**, hello massive marring marks - So P'd Off

Rant over lol.

Fuzion FTW.
    You know it's funny you mention the whole wax thing... These past few days I've been researching up to my neck into these carnauba waxes for pretty much the 1st time. [the reason I'm looking into them is for a couple of potential special cars coming my way. 1 of them is a red Ferrari, so you can imagine. Lol]

So I've read alot, watched alot of vids, etc.. My 1st interest was in the McKee's 37 Trademark, I kept researching and heard good things about the P21s, and a whole bunch more in between. Then I looked into the good ole Megs #26 High Tech Yellow Wax and next came Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste wax.. That's when I saw Loach's vid comparing the Gold Class and #26 side by side. On his perticular paint he didn't notice anything spectacular or even different between the 2 as far as looks, and I think everyone watching would more than agree.. I still want to watch his review of the Pinnacle Souveran because I'm really curious to see if it looked far superior to those other 2.. But I've already got a gut feeling I should already know better.. Meaning it's not only the prep that's done before the wax, but having quality paint in the 1st place that really matters.

It's an interesting topic though, and a whole lotta hype when you consider how insane things actually get.. i.e. I found out about that Zymol Wax that costs like $2,500 and gets applied with bare hands. I watched a couple of those vids and said ok, that's enough Carnauba for me tonight! And why don't those dudes ever show a 50/50 shot? Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    ...Why don't those dudes ever show a 50/50 shot? Lol.
    I agree. A side-by-side comparison may show that there is little to no difference.

Post Thanks / Like

I am confused as to why you would top a ceramic coating with Fuzion?

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer... and I understand the addiction to keep trying new and different products in search of the ultimate gloss, but this does not seem like a good idea to me.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast