autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Total Engine Cleaner

I received this product from Autogeek in exchange for a review. Thanks, Nick! And to the rest of you-- this product impressed me.

The results I obtained speak for themselves. Every once in awhile, a product comes along that "wows" me. This WG Total Engine Cleaner was one of those products. The scent is extremely mild and not chemical-laced in the least. To be honest, it smells (and feels) like a typical hand soap. It didn't have a harsh feel to it at all when on my hands. When sprayed, it comes out of the bottle sort of like a window cleaner, but a little more "sudsy".

Materials used: stiff bristled disposable brushes, a couple of disposable sponges, a roll of paper towels, a couple of toothbrushes, and 1 spray bottle with tap (rinse) water.

My method was as follows: spray product liberally on one small area at a time, let product dwell for about a minute, then gently agitate the area with my various sized brushes (whatever size seemed appropriate). You'll notice immediately how the cleaner penetrated and allows grease and grime to be rinsed away. I had a second spray bottle filled with just plain tap water. After agitation, I simply misted the area a second time in order to rinse the area completely. Where necessary, I went in with paper towels/sponges to wipe away any remaining grime/solution/water. I didn't cover anything because this job was done entirely by hand. I just worked my way around the entire engine bay and went to work on anything and everything I could reach. It took me about 3 hours, as I got into this pretty deep. And yes, my engine now looks almost brand new. I didn't even find it necessary to dress the plastics/rubbers when I was done, although I probably will when I decide on a product (hint, hint).

BEFORE
    Wolfgang Total Engine Cleaner-image1-jpg

Wolfgang Total Engine Cleaner-renderedcontent-9fbd02c1-64e9-4125-9668-b9f82c28503e-jpg

AFTER
    Wolfgang Total Engine Cleaner-renderedcontent-00ffd49a-834e-48cc-8cc5-e84bd3b86ca3-jpg

Wolfgang Total Engine Cleaner-renderedcontent-addb0d9f-9f76-48c8-b359-b90d2640edc4-jpg

I like keeping a clean engine compartment on my personal vehicle. As such, I do give it a few hours a couple times a year (although this time it had been almost a year since I'd last been in there). I ended up using about 1/2 of the 16oz bottle. If I were to do this again, I'd use the product more liberally, simply because I think it would have saved me a little time. Needless to say, I won't be hunting for an alternative product next time around. I've found a winner. Thanks again, Nick and AG!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Total Engine Cleaner

Very nice review! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review.

The results really speak for themselves. Are you hinting at WETS?

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

P.S. I used wets in my engine bay. I quite like the look it left. If thats what you are hinting at then I can say its awesome.

Before

After

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't hinting at WETS. Ha-- I was hoping YOU guys would tell me what to use in the engine bay!

Yep, WETS is one of the products I was contemplating-- thanks emmjaygti for posting pics. Looks really nice and I'll likely go that route. But I was also looking at the Blackfire trim sealant, as well as the Sounus Motor Kote and UTTG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    I wasn't hinting at WETS. Ha-- I was hoping YOU guys would tell me what to use in the engine bay!

Yep, WETS is one of the products I was contemplating-- thanks emmjaygti for posting pics. Looks really nice and I'll likely go that route. But I was also looking at the Blackfire trim sealant, as well as the Sounus Motor Kote and UTTG.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...te-do-you.html
    2018 Colorado ZR2