autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckee's 37 Wax Remover For Plastic Review

I had a car in today that was slopped up pretty good with old wax residue. Figured it would be a great opportunity to test out and review this product.

After pressure washing, foam gun, and 2 bucket wash, I tackled it. As picture shows above, the black trim around the entire car was like this. Some areas worst, some areas not as bad. Nonetheless, it was all over.

I shook the bottle well, sprayed on the product, and let penetrate for 30 seconds per instructions on the back of the bottle. Right after spraying it on the wax disappeared. I figured it was due to it being wet. I waited the 30 seconds then used a brush to agitate for approximately 30-45 seconds then wiped clean. I was amazed! It was gone! Or was it?... I went on to some other areas throughly impressed with the product! The smell was pleasant, and it was working! I finished going around the entire car. When I got back to where I started, I noticed the wax residue was back..... In fact, all of it was back after inspecting the rest of the trim. I resprayed liberally, let it sit for a good 2 minutes, agitated again, and wiped clean with a fresh MF. This time I kept an eye on it. Sure enough, as it dried, the wax residue reappeared. Maybe a little less than before. But clearly still there. I finally got out my Meguiars D101 10:1 and sprayed it down, wiped with MF good, then applied Mother's Back to Black. Wax is completely gone now.

In conclusion, it appeared that the Mckee's was covering up the residue when it was wet. However, once it was dry it was back almost completely. I went from thinking this product was amazing to thinking it is sub par.

Overall, I personally would not buy this product. It may completely remove the wax with a lot of time and elbow grease. But time I would not want to vest into a detail when I could just use an APC and trim restorer and have it done much more efficiently with better results.

I am always grateful for having the opportunity to test out new products. So once again, thank you Nick and AG! I always promise to give an honest and unbiased review based off of my personal experience with the products.

Thanks for reading.

Picture after Megs D101 and Back to Black.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee's 37 Wax Remover For Plastic Review

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    I always promise to give an honest and unbiased review based off of my personal experience with the products.
    100% behind this. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. No point in sugarcoating.

And thank you for including/suggesting an alternative method.

Ha, I have Back to Black. At this point I think most of us have it sitting in storage somewhere. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee's 37 Wax Remover For Plastic Review

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    100% behind this. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. No point in sugarcoating.

And thank you for including/suggesting an alternative method.

Ha, I have Back to Black. At this point I think most of us have it sitting in storage somewhere. lol
    I usually use VRP by Chemical Guys but dusted off the ol' Mother's Both work great!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk