autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mini Quick Review: ThinPro pads+Griots 3"

Hey everyone! This review was unplanned, but after my experience, feel it's of importance to a certain group of people.... Any person who has purchased the Griots 3" polisher.

The Griots 3" just found its soulmate and hidden talent. Lake Country ThinPro pads and.... paint correction? I purchased my Griots 3" over a year ago and will admit that headlight restoration is about the only thing it's been good for since purchasing it. Well that all changed about an hour ago.

I received my order today which included 3 grey and 3 white 3.5" ThinPro pads. Right away I found myself a test panel, prepped it, then slapped a grey ThinPro pad on my Griots 3" and did a test spot using fast correcting cream. I did 6 section passes using moderate pressure for the first 4, and moved the polisher no slower than you would using a Griots 6". The results? Well....

Mini Quick Review: ThinPro pads+Griots 3"-imageuploadedbyagonline1474420825-865440-jpg
    Mini Quick Review: ThinPro pads+Griots 3"-imageuploadedbyagonline1474420847-659736-jpg
    Mini Quick Review: ThinPro pads+Griots 3"-imageuploadedbyagonline1474420866-673029-jpg

The pictures aren't the best but I was in a hurry and had to use my phone. However I hope they get the point across.

Conclusion: The new Lake Country ThinPro pads are the real deal, and really bring out the full potential of the Griots 3" polisher. I wish I had time for a more in depth review but I will be sure to touch back up on this after a detail I have scheduled for this weekend in which I will be doing a show n shine on. Thanks for reading!

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mini Quick Review: ThinPro pads+Griots 3"

awesome ryan, thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Those grey pads sound like they present a real solution for heavy cutting on a r/o. Great review!

Post Thanks / Like

nice show! I just sold my Griot's 3" as I plan on keeping my mini Bigfoot. I have all the thin pro pads except for those gray ones. I had to see what they were for (heaviest cutting) probably why I didn't buy them with my 3". Might have to rethink now.

Mike Phillips

Thanks for sharing your experience.

For anyone wanting more information, here's a review I wrote that has LOTS of pictures of these pads.

NOTE: The grey foam cutting pad is very sharp and hard so do be careful with it when first starting out and it's dry.

NEW! 3.5" ThinPro Foam Pads! Thin is in and you're going to love these new small foam pads!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Those grey pads sound like they present a real solution for heavy cutting on a r/o. Great review!
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    nice show! I just sold my Griot's 3" as I plan on keeping my mini Bigfoot. I have all the thin pro pads except for those gray ones. I had to see what they were for (heaviest cutting) probably why I didn't buy them with my 3". Might have to rethink now.
    Thank you. You still have a great machine in the mini Bigfoot. I just hope to encourage more people to knock the dust off of the Griots 3" and give it another shot. I will do some testing with the white polishing pads tomorrow to see if I get the same light correction I would achieve with the 6". The grey pads are amazing but should really be reserved for severe defects. As Mike Phillips stated in this thread and in his review, they do have a sharpness to them and are very dense. You can use a substantial amount of pressure on them if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

littleking24, any chance you can make a short video (with pressure on different speed settings) of it in action with these pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    littleking24, any chance you can make a short video (with pressure on different speed settings) of it in action with these pads?
    I can do that. Maybe show the polisher in action with the thicker pads vs the new ThinPros?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleKing24 View Post
    I can do that. Maybe show the polisher in action with the thicker pads vs the new ThinPros?