autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Anti Fog

Seeing as everyone was picking up some of the more well known Gyeon products, I figured I would go a different route and try the anti fog product.

I am always skeptical of these type of products as they don't seem to perform that well.

It can be purchased at the following link

GYEON Q2 AntiFog - 120 ml

Autogeek product description

GYEON Q2 AntiFog is the easy to use solution for foggy interior glass. This unique formula is extremely hydrophilic and capable of eliminating annoying condensation that builds up on interior glass. GYEON Q2 AntiFog is perfect for use on all interior automotive glass including the windshield, side windows, and mirrors.

When weather changes, you get foggy interior glass. It’s a fact of the road. There are several ways to deal with this: some will fiddle with the defrost to try to find the perfect cabin temperature, some will reach for their designated fog removal towel, and others won’t have to bother because they’ve discovered GYEON Q2 AntiFog!

GYEON Q2 AntiFog is an advanced window treatment that prevents fog from forming on interior glass. After an easy application, your interior glass will be protected for up to 2 months! GYEON Q2 AntiFog is a must have product for winter months when temperatures drop. Keep a clear view of the road ahead with GYEON Q2 AntiFog!

Directions for Application:

Prepare the glass using GYEON Prep to remove and oils or residue.
    Spritz some GYEON Q2 AntiFog onto the included applicator and apply using a crisscross motion until there is very little haze.
    Wait 2-5 minutes, then wipe the surface using a clean microfiber towel.

The product comes in a silver zip lock bag style container.

The following items are included in the bag. Yikes it's flammable

Leather Coat to be reviewed in the future.

The bottle contains 4 oz's of product.

The directions on the bottle

I applied this onto the bathroom mirror. I will be reviewing this against another popular product in rainx anti fog.

I cleaned the glass with Meguiar's D120 followed by Optimum Paint Prep to remove anything on the surface. Gyeon Anti Fog was applied with a suede block and Rainx was applied with a blue shop towel folded into a small applicator. Tape line the middle to use as control point.

I thought I had thrown this out and I ended up finding it on the far back of one cabinet.

During the application process, Gyeon Anti Fog leaves a light haze prior to being removed.

Where as Rainx doesn't do that. See the clarity of the mirror in the background

Now here is what everyone is waiting for. I turned on the shower to get some steam going. This is what I saw from both products. I will let the photos speak for themselves.

Gyeon Anti Fog

Tape Line (control area)

RainX Anti Fog

All 3 areas

Initial Impressions:

Well initially I am not that impressed with Gyeon Anti Fog. Rainx simply outperformed it in this test. Gyeon claims that Anti Fog is supposed to last 2 months. I will see how the mirror looks like after some time has passed. Perhaps that is where it will win out. I will say that the foggy appearance doesn't last long on either surface before they go back to clear glass. So that is one benefit.

But is this a product that I am going to run out and purchase again? No.

Would I recommend it? No. Unless something magical happens.

The packaging is top notch.

I will be giving it a try on the inside of my front windshield to see if I notice anything different from one side that I am not going to apply it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Anti Fog

Nice review. I've never tried any anti fog products. Would be nice to get something for winter time that actually works and is durable. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Mike. Good to know this product doesn't work as good as RainX does.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool review and post.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, great test! Gonna hafta look into that Rain-X for my bathroom...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm usually 1 of the last people to get all excited when the so called latest and greatest line of detailing products hits the market, so it wasn't until this thread that I became curious about this new "Gyeon" line.. [did I spell that right?]

... So after I misspelled it about 3 times in the search box I finally see the list of products... $30 washmitt. Another washmitt option will only set you back $25... And here we see what you actually get after you remove all the fancy jewel box, glossy packaging.. You get 4oz. for $15 + shipping costs, and it can't even outperform Rain X... SMH. This is why I never even stop and look when I see what appears to be overly fancy marketing.. Not just when it comes to detailing products, but with everything.
    If it smells like hyperbole in the front, there's a chance it could be overcompensating for what really matters in the rear.. Alot of consumers these days appear to accept a high price tag and well designed, boutique style packaging as a sure shot mark of quality.
    Then there's situations such as the new Ghostbusters movie, which needs no explanation.
    I'm just going to stop now and be polite..

I guess I can't help but feel a certain way when I see a $30 wash mitt for sale because it's said to be made with "Australian Wool"... Sounds sort of fancy eh? Reminds me of Fine Corinthian Leather.😏lol. I'll stick to the $5 Meguiars Microfiber Wash Mitts. They've never let me down.😉

Thanks for the real life side by side comparison/review, Guz. We love to see real life comparisons like this instead of marketing hype.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ha ha, great test! Gonna hafta look into that Rain-X for my bathroom...
    Lol I don't remember rainx working this good but now I know where to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I'm usually 1 of the last people to get all excited when the so called latest and greatest line of detailing products hits the market, so it wasn't until this thread that I became curious about this new "Gyeon" line.. [did I spell that right?]

... So after I misspelled it about 3 times in the search box I finally see the list of products... $30 washmitt. Another washmitt option will only set you back $25... And here we see what you actually get after you remove all the fancy jewel box, glossy packaging.. You get 4oz. for $15 + shipping costs, and it can't even outperform Rain X... SMH. This is why I never even stop and look when I see what appears to be overly fancy marketing.. Not just when it comes to detailing products, but with everything.
    If it smells like hyperbole in the front, there's a chance it could be overcompensating for what really matters in the rear.. Alot of consumers these days appear to accept a high price tag and well designed, boutique style packaging as a sure shot mark of quality.
    Then there's situations such as the new Ghostbusters movie, which needs no explanation.

I guess I can't help but feel a certain way when I see a $30 wash mitt for sale because it's said to be made with "Australian Wool"... Sounds sort of fancy eh? Reminds me of Fine Corinthian Leather.��lol. I'll stick to the $5 Meguiars Microfiber Wash Mitts. They've never let me down.��

Thanks for the real life side by side comparison/review, Guz. We love to see real life comparisons like this instead of marketing hype.
    The one thing I did not mention is that i did not purchase it through Autogeek. The shipping charges as of late have been too high for smaller orders. I ordered it through amazon prime which was much cheaper. Plus it arrived at my door much faster instead of waiting a week for my order.

The packaging is definitely nice. It does save some money with the included car pro type applicator and suede cloths. The 4 oz will last awhile as the product goes a long way. Is it worth $15? Well in terms of performance my answer would be a no. At least from the initial results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

... So after I misspelled it about 3 times in the search box I finally see the list of products... $30 washmitt. Another washmitt option will only set you back $25... And here we see what you actually get after you remove all the fancy jewel box, glossy packaging.. You get 4oz. for $15 + shipping costs, and it can't even outperform Rain X... SMH. This is why I never even stop and look when I see what appears to be overly fancy marketing.. Not just when it comes to detailing products, but witheverything.

I guess I can't help but feel a certain way when I see a $30 wash mitt for sale because it's said to be made with "Australian Wool"... Sounds sort of fancy eh? Reminds me of Fine Corinthian Leather.��lol. I'll stick to the $5 Meguiars Microfiber Wash Mitts. They've never let me down.��

True, all the hype and the best and newest is not always true. It seems lately when the dust settles I already have the mitt / wax / soap / polish on hand ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Lol I don't remember rainx working this good but now I know where to use it

The one thing I did not mention is that i did not purchase it through Autogeek. The shipping charges as of late have been too high for smaller orders. I ordered it through amazon prime which was much cheaper. Plus it arrived at my door much faster instead of waiting a week for my order.

The packaging is definitely nice. It does save some money with the included car pro type applicator and suede cloths. The 4 oz will last awhile as the product goes a long way. Is it worth $15? Well in terms of performance my answer would be a no. At least from the initial results.
    Shipping charges for the hobbyist are not great. I to hunt for the best deal / shipping when buying the least amount..

Post Thanks / Like

You will enjoy the leather coat when you get to reviewing it. It's excellent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast