autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Anti Fog

Here`s some feedback on the mirror test. Just shy of 10 days. I will say that both work well as the steam evaporates rather quickly from the glass.

Gyeon

Rain X

I went ahead and applied it to half of my windshield. What a pain in the rear end to work with. I cleaned the glass and used optimum paint prep to prep the glass for the anti fog. I applied it into smaller areas as it doesn`t work very well when working a large area due to the suede applicator sticking to the glass. Also with the clunky car pro type applicator included in the package. It has a short working time. I left it on the glass for about 2 minutes. I had a hard time removing it. The included suede towel is too small to grab onto and is not comfortable holding. I used a larger car pro suede towel followed by another microfiber towel to be sure I completely removed it. I got a workout just applying and removing it lol.

I had a hard time on the glass for my dad's car as well. I ended up stripping it off the glass with optimum paint prep.

This is what I woke up to this morning. Still product on the glass. I had to wipe it once again with another microfiber towel. Definitely not the most user friendly product.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had great results with the RainX anti-fog on interior vehicle Windows. It lasts and lasts. And it works very well. Does what it's supposed to do.

It also prevents (...or delays) that haziness from occurring on interior glass that always forms eventually. I've come across a lot of products over the years that I'll use a few times, and I'll think yeah great stuff. And then never use again. But the rainX anti fog I keep going back to. I'd even say it'll last you 4-5 months. I find that I wash the interior glass much less often.

application is far from wowa. It takes some time and attention. And scrubbing with a dry Mf. But once it's done, you won't have to touch the glass for awhile. I often see hazy spots I missed for a couple of days. Just a quick wipe and they're gone.

Post Thanks / Like

I am officially going to call an end to this test on the mirror at 21 days. I didn't take any photos but both products don't do much anymore. The clarity is about the same. Nowhere near what it was at the 10 day mark. The glass on my car looks to be fogging up more than usual on the part that has gyeon anti fog from outgassing of the dash. So apparently it is still on the glass.

In the end Gyeon did not live up to the "up to 2 month claim". It didn't do much against fogging on the mirror or on my glass. It's a paint to work with. Leaves a haze on the glass if not applied and removed properly. Definitely not worth the money or having it one's arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If it smells like hyperbole in the front, there's a chance it could be overcompensating for what really matters in the rear..

All kidding aside, I don't mind paying for quality items. Best bet is to research and compare before pulling the trigger. Good thing we have people like The GUZ, Marc, Harris, and others sharing their findings with us. I've avoided some duds and picked up some fantastic buys through their contributions, so cheer to these gents.

Then there's situations such as the new Ghostbusters movie, which needs no explanation.
    I'm just going to stop now and be polite..
    Bro... From the garbage marketing, social justice warrior feminist pandering tactics.... It was glorious watching the whole damn thing went up in flame. $70 mil lost, I believe. Ha! That's what they get. Serves them right. I love it. lol

And to get back on topic - I avoid any sort of anti fog treatment like a plague. Even if everyone raves about the product, I just would not put anything on the back of my windshield. I have zero luck when it comes to these things, so I don't even bother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Bro... From the garbage marketing, social justice warrior feminist pandering tactics.... It was glorious watching the whole damn thing went up in flame. $70 mil lost, I believe. Ha! That's what they get. Serves them right. I love it. lol
    I couldn't care less about Ghostbusters as I can bearly remember anything about the original, so I had no dog in that fight. But once I found out the cheap tactics going on, along with how horrible the movie actually was, I couldn't help but find interest in all the fallout.
    I was rooting for it to bomb and hoping people would hear the real reviews before making the mistake of giving them more money than they had already made after the 1st week... It worked, the word spread, movie bombed.😊Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I had bought Gyeon Q2 Antifog, but after I read this review, I just stuck it back on the shelf and forgot about it.

But I just found a great use for it. It does a fantastic job on polycarbonate prescription goggle lenses. Are motorcycle windshields made of polycarbonate?

I applied the product to my prescription athletic goggle lenses. First, I cleaned the lenses with Chemical Guys Signature Glass Cleaner. Then applied Gyeon Antifog according to the instructions with a microfiber suede cloth and an Optimum pointed foam applicator. I allowed it to dry 5 minutes and removed the haze with my best microfiber towel.

The goggles were super clear. No residue at all. The usual behavior for these goggles is to fog thickly and not clear until wiped.

I went for a run at 32' F with a facemask on. My breath rose out if the mask and under the lenses.

The lenses fogged very lightly for, I would guess, 1 second and then cleared. Very impressive! I hope to have the same result when I put it on my ski goggles.

Anyway, maybe this product would work on motorcycle windshields and it definitely worked for me on polycarbonate lenses.

*This is my experience. Your results may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright I have been meaning to update this thread. I gave Gyeon anti fog a second chance thinking it would be better. Well I am going to have to say that this product is just terrible to work with. I followed the directions to a T and the residue left on the glass is such a paint to remove. I used multiple towels and the residue just kept coming back. It was almost impossible to remove.

I used it on my dad's car and on my personal one and the results were the same. Come to think of it I gave it three chances. Three strikes on this one.

I am going to call this one junk. If someone really wants an anti fog product stick with rainx. It's less of a headache and much more user friendly.

This is the residue I am referring to.

I used multiple glass cleaner wipedowns with Meguiar's D120. I though that got it off. Apparently not. See the video below for the residue that reappeared a day later.

I ended up using McKee's 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner to finally remove it once my bottle came in. That worked out very well and seemed to remove any remaining residue.

Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Anti Fog

Damn that sucks... When you say Rain X, you're not referring to this 1, are you?

I bought that bottle years ago and it did the same exact thing you showed in your vid. Absolute crapolla.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    second chance
    Speaking of 2nd chances, I washed the Kia yesterday and decided to try the Beasley's again.. The glass looked really good as far as being clean & clear... Better than normL? I dunno as I don't normally analyze how clean the glass is after I clean it, but at least it doesn't have severe negative effects like that. Glass was fogged as can be this morning, so it doesn't anti fog, that's for sure. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Damn that sucks... When you say Rain X, you're not referring to this 1, are you?
    Not the one you posted. It's the one I posted on the first page.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Not the one you posted. It's the one I posted on the first page.
    Oh, I hadn't scrolled that far up. Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12