autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Riff View Post
    Nice! I just bought the WG Rinseless. Should be trying it out for the first time in the next few days.

As for the bubbling paint. Was that the hood? I know a guy that his new Mustang had the same thing happening on the front edge of the hood above the grill. He sold the car though so he never had it fixed.
    Yes, it's the leading edge of the hood just above the headlight. I was shocked when I saw it.

IMHO it must be a manufacturer defect for the panel to rust below the paint like that.

The car was rust proofed at one of the best rust proofing places in Canada. They use a thick wax/grease that has to be applied in summer due to the viscosity/temp (Barry's Rust Proofing).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    If you Rinseless Washed these vehicles, how come there is so much water on the ground?
    Are you rinsing of the car with the hose before starting?
    Yes, I did a pre-rinse with the hose connected to the hot water tank VIA a splitter on the washing machine hot water hook ups. Water isn't a concern to me (we got unlimited free water).

It wasn't a waterless wash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Street has puddles also, looks like it must rained earlier and he is in Canada probably takes rain 2 days to dry or 10 minutes to freeze only to options when summer is 2 weeks long.
    Naw, those puddles are from me rinsing my buckets and/or the car (I don't want those chemicals on my lawn).

Ron's the wax waster I'm the water waster

Yeah, summer is way too short, and it rains too much in the summer. I definitely miss AZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motion732 View Post
    I use Ultima and it produces an extremely slick finish. Same bottle, too. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same formula with different coloring re-branded.
    I've been using Ultima for 2-3 years now, and Uber beats it in basically every department (with a very slight edge). I still use my UWW+ at waterless wash straight to clean the bird bombs when I get home from work because it works great for that (not going to waste Uber on bird bombs).

I will say that UWW+ protection seems to last a bit longer than Uber but that's not why I use either product so I didn't bring it up in the review.

Post Thanks / Like

The vehicles turned out nice and the wheels, tires, and wheel wells look really clean on these vehicles. Can you share with us your process and products you used to clean the wheels, tires , and wheel wells on both vehicles and what tire dressing you used?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'm glad to see a rinseless wash being demo'd on a fairly dirty car.

I like the idea behind rinseless washes and can see the value in time savings, but I've always been hesitant to try them on my daily driven cars as they can get pretty dirty over a week of rain and pollen exposure.
    Thanks. This is definitely was my number one concern too, and that's why I got 12 new towels If anything I think the way I did my Rinseless is actually safer than the way I do my two bucket wash because I flipped the wash media more often than I'd rinse my merino wool wash mitt, and I could see more dirt on the Microfibers than on the merino wool. BUT I find the wool does do a very good job of picking up pebles that are tosed all over from my sticky tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    The vehicles turned out nice and the wheels, tires, and wheel wells look really clean on these vehicles. Can you share with us your process and products you used to clean the wheels, tires , and wheel wells on both vehicles and what tire dressing you used?
    Yeah sure, it would be my pleasure

Wheel process for the Ford:
    1. Rinsed the wheels (didn't use pressure washer, but I did use hot water)
    2. Applied a generous dose of Iron X to each well and the barrel as best I could with the wheels still on (I let Iron X it dwell while I set up my 2 wheel buckets with 1oz Megs D110 Hyper-wash and grit guards)
    3. I agitated the iron-x around the lugs first using a boars hair brush, then I used a wheel woolies and an EZ detail brush to get the barrel of the wheel, and a dedicated chinchilla microfiber mitt for the face of the wheels
    4. I rinsed again
    5. Applied a generous dose of Meg's D108 Super Degreaser at 4:1 strength (Megs D101 APC will do too) to the wheels, tires, and wheel well liner (I let the D108 dwell while I set up my rinsless buckets)
    6. I agitated the D108 with the boars hair brush around the lugs, then the wheel woolies and EZ detail brush in the barrel of the wheel agian and a stiff brush for the tires, and the chinchilla mitt for the face of the wheels again.
    7. I rinsed the wheels again as I rinsed the whole car in prep for the Uber rinseless wash
    8. I dried the wheels with some dedicated wheel towels (their borderless if it matters) and used Uber at 32:1 as a drying aid and to amp up the gloss (wheels looked terrible when I started).
    9. After the rinsless wash I dressed the plastics and tires with Chemical Guys liquid extreme shine oil based dressing (doesn't sling, is dry to the touch after 20-30 mintues, and doesn't turn white like water based dressings, lasts 2-6 weeks depending on variables)

Wheel/tire before on the ford (didn't take any close up's after as Uber was the focus subject):

In hind sight this is were most of the water you see came from (I always do the wheels first, well after the interior)

Wheel process for the SRT8 has a dedicated thread -> http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...step-step.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    Yeah sure, it would be my pleasure

Wheel process for the Ford:
    1. Rinsed the wheels (didn't use pressure washer, but I did use hot water)
    2. Applied a generous dose of Iron X to each well and the barrel as best I could with the wheels still on (I let Iron X it dwell while I set up my 2 wheel buckets with 1oz Megs D110 Hyper-wash and grit guards)
    3. I agitated the iron-x around the lugs first using a boars hair brush, then I used a wheel woolies and an EZ detail brush to get the barrel of the wheel, and a dedicated chinchilla microfiber mitt for the face of the wheels
    4. I rinsed again
    5. Applied a generous dose of Meg's D108 Super Degreaser at 4:1 strength (Megs D101 APC will do too) to the wheels, tires, and wheel well liner (I let the D108 dwell while I set up my rinsless buckets)
    6. I agitated the D108 with the boars hair brush around the lugs, then the wheel woolies and EZ detail brush in the barrel of the wheel agian and a stiff brush for the tires, and the chinchilla mitt for the face of the wheels again.
    7. I rinsed the wheels again as I rinsed the whole car in prep for the Uber rinseless wash
    8. I dried the wheels with some dedicated wheel towels (their borderless if it matters) and used Uber at 32:1 as a drying aid and to amp up the gloss (wheels looked terrible when I started).
    9. After the rinsless wash I dressed the plastics and tires with Chemical Guys liquid extreme shine oil based dressing (doesn't sling, is dry to the touch after 20-30 mintues, and doesn't turn white like water based dressings, lasts 2-6 weeks depending on variables)

Wheel/tire before on the ford (didn't take any close up's after as Uber was the focus subject):

In hind sight this is were most of the water you see came from (I always do the wheels first, well after the interior)

Wheel process for the SRT8 has a dedicated thread -> http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...step-step.html
    Thanks for the info!!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like uber in cold weather. Sorry but for me that's an absolute must.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12