autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Products?

Quote Originally Posted by lpklemmer View Post

The Citrus wash and gloss is a great soap for prepping for polishing, when using a few ounces with 3-4 gallons of water it strips all existing waxes/sealants.

This is a myth. More mislabeling. This product will not remove LSPs @ 1:22; no less 1:28.

So, either they are not familiar with their products, or they are not being truthful on the label.

Dunno.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    This is a myth. More mislabeling. This product will not remove LSPs @ 1:22; no less 1:28.

So, either they are not familiar with their products, or they are not being truthful on the label.

Dunno.
    CG says 1oz/5 gallons is LSP safe. 1oz/gallon for strip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by van185 View Post
    I have saw several post which have products from different manufactures broken down into categories like waxes, cleaner waxes, glazes, and the like. Does anyone know where all the Chemical Guys products fit into the different categories? There are so many that appear to be close the same. Just wondering?
    this was the original topic (before the great digression of '15). CG's method for categorizing leaves something to be desired. I would say, ask about a specific product and we'll try to figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpklemmer View Post
    I like to research and see what people like from CG, then test those products myself.

As far as compounds and polishes, I tend to avoid CG as their lineup is so dang confusing and overlapping. This tends to happen in all their products though.

I have been extremely impressed with the shine I obtain with CG EZ Creme Glaze and topping that with BFWD is just a choice combo. CG EZ Creme is now my winter prep instead of lightly polishing the paint before the salt and grime starts flying, saves some clear coat while hiding/smoothing out imperfections.

Their silk shine dressing is my new go-to for interiors, great light new car-ish scent and a satin shine paired with a very reasonable price = me likey. I love 303, but the scent of silk shine wins me over in how much nicer the experience is and it doesn't rub off the sides of doors and leave some areas looking more dull than others.

I have a bottle of VRP dressing to test on tires in the spring and summer, but meguiars hyper dressing still has me for versatility and value.

I'll be trying their bare-bones undercarriage dressing/protectant this spring when I pull the fusion out of storage as well.

The Citrus wash and gloss is a great soap for prepping for polishing, when using a few ounces with 3-4 gallons of water it strips all existing waxes/sealants.

I bought 8 or 9 16oz bottles of product when they had their 30% off spring sale just to try. Totalled around $50 and who doesn't like trying something new? Their New car and leather spray scents smell very good as well, just don't last long at all. The stripper scent is fun and the wife enjoys the smell as well
    In my experience EZ Creme glaze has worked very well and plays well with non-CG sealants. For interior, I think InnerClean is a solid APC...you can clean all the surfaces, smells good and I don't worry if I get some on the Nav monitor. Soaps, its hard to choose one; honeydew, glossworks, MrPink and CW&G are all good.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of you guys must be internet challenged. Ha ha. There is nothing confusing or difficult about CG's website. Its a website that you click on the products that are broken down in categories. Really not that deep. Lol! I personally like CG's website and very easy to navigate by my standards and high school diploma.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    Ummmm, I don't feel like reading through this crap, but I noticed a few posts above me that the GSM of towels was being mentioned. GSM doesn't mean anything about the quality of the towel. Kirkland Gold towels from Costco I believe run 350 gsm. Go up 10 GSM and get a 360 GSM towel from Cobra or MFT and you're talking about a huge difference in quality and I'll tell you for sure it has nothing to do with the 10 GSM or silk edge. The fibers themselves are superior.
    Microfibertech which I think you mentioned has a 530 GSM towel that is better than the Cobra 530's I've seen at the shop I work. The MFT towels feel a little less heavy/dense, but I've seen the results.
    GSM has NOTHING to do with quality.
    I will say I've tried the gold towels from Chemical Guys similar to the Gold Plush Jr's and 360 MFT towels. Chemical Guy's towel is FAR inferior to the others. The MFT prices are also better.

Again, I don't like reading through bickering (I hate YouTube comments) so I didn't read the posts. So maybe I missed a huge point and am typing this from my phone for no reason.
    There is no bickering, just a friendly disagreement on semantics.

At no point in my "analysis" will you see me argue that quality-wise, are the CG towels that I mentioned, the same as any other brand. My contention was that they are similar spec-wise, to other Chinese made towels towels, and for the $1.25 per towel I paid, they are a good "general purpose" towel.

Personally I feel the whole GSM thing, while a good starting point for comparison, is totally blown out of proportion. There are high GSM towels that are nothing more than 2 towels sewn together...does this somehow make them twice as soft?

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    Agreed, it may have seemed like bickering, but from my end it was just a vigorous discussion.

@RavenHawk-well done! I was making my points based on anecdotal evidence and you cut out the BS and went for the empirical data. Congrats. I will qualify and be more specific with my statements in the future i.e." in my experience". I was .
    No worries, and it certainly wasn't my intention to "own" anyone. I have enjoyed our little banter...it gave me a reason to break out some of my towels since it is still to damn cold to do anything serious to my ride (we had 6" of snow yesterday)!

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

Dunno.
    Other than claying or polishing, have you come across anything that will strip LSPs without adding another step?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RavenHawk View Post
    Other than claying or polishing, have you come across anything that will strip LSPs without adding another step?
    Meguiar's D114, diluted @1:4, will dutifully
    perform as a "Wax-Stripper".

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Meguiar's D114, diluted @1:4, will dutifully
    perform as a "Wax-Stripper".

Bob
    Good to know, as my order of D114 and other goodies I ordered from last week's sale is due here on Friday.

Thanks for the reply, Bob

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaboy007 View Post
    They have...no lie...the worst website I've ever tried to use...PERIOD.

Post Thanks / Like

The new CG website is terrible. It is irritating to navigate.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast