autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MT 300 vs GG 6"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MT 300 vs GG 6"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Im sure it would work although with such a large machine I would rather pick up a smaller machine for smaller pads.

Think about the amount of leverage you would have if this machine had a 3" plate/pad on it.
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing and read some comments that said you have to be uber careful...."tipping" and be sure to go with low speeds.

I'm attempting to cut corners somewhat; however, I will not sacrifice safety if it's unreasonable to control the machine.

Appreciate your input.
    "The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." --Werner Heisenberg (Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, Nobel laureate Physics)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm jealous of you. I wish I had the knowledge I had back then in addition to the MT 300 being available when I was looking for my first machine. I'd have bought the MT 300 over the GG6.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    That's for rotary.

The 3" plates should mount right up just like the 5" and 6".
    Yep, thought so. Do you have some difficulty seeing the pad due to the shroud while working, Peer from the side, or do you put some extra washers for spacing....or none of the above?
    "The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." --Werner Heisenberg (Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, Nobel laureate Physics)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I do not have a video, there might be one floating on the Meguiars forum. However, I have used the machine, and put a considerable amount of pressure and I could not stop it from spinning at higher speed.

And for the price, it is extremely smooth.
    Doesn't the GG6 do the same thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Recon 4th 502nd View Post
    Yep, thought so. Do you have some difficulty seeing the pad due to the shroud while working, Peer from the side, or do you put some extra washers for spacing....or none of the above?
    I actually have a custom collar on my G110v2, which is now my go to short throw 3" tool. no issues seeing that pad. I don't recall ever having issues with the GG6 though.

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    I'm jealous of you. I wish I had the knowledge I had back then in addition to the MT 300 being available when I was looking for my first machine. I'd have bought the MT 300 over the GG6.
    Very intuitive...and I was thinking sorta along the same lines.

I always liked to take care of my vehicles...even though I was doing it wrong.... poor washing/drying techniques. Recently bought a used Cherry 2008 Honda Accord and started researching "Detailing".

I sorta fell into the "Sweet Spot" timing wise

Noted your choice here.

Thanks for the reply!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I actually have a custom collar on my G110v2, which is now my go to short throw 3" tool. no issues seeing that pad. I don't recall ever having issues with the GG6 though.

Got an Extra One!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Recon 4th 502nd View Post
    Got an Extra One!!
    LOL! Nope, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    IMO, the only thing the GG6 has going for it over the MT300 is its warranty.

With the Meguiar's MT300, it has a much nicer layout to the tool, better ergonomics and user friendliness, plunger style trigger rather than just the typical "ON OFF" switch, trigger lock, soft start, etc.

If I were to pick up another standard 8mm throw DA, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this machine.
    I've also heard great things about it as well, and I would like to get my hands on one. between the GG6 and MT300 you can easily tell the quality of the MT300 (and other things as you've mentioned) looks to be better in all aspects...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

You are right though, there really haven't been many (almost any) reviews on the MT300.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast