Quote Originally Posted by sears4976 View Post
Its a permanent coating you can apply after you have removed all paint defects. Its essentially another layer of clearcoat, which is already super thin on our trucks.

That is weird. I guess this is what the dealer asks us to buy when we purchase the truck. The put some spray or something on them but I always decline it.

When you say thin CC I hope this doesnt mean we can buff through it. I noticed it scratches very easily. I was testing if the 5.5 pads would fit on the painted front bumper but didnt take the pad out of the plastic bag and it left scratches all over. They remove easily with some polish but still it was nuts that it was that easy to scratch.

I do trust 100% cotton most and buy my towels from a place that buys Supima Cotton and then cuts all the edges and tags off. They stitch the edges again with cotton thread and the towels leave no scratches at all which is nice. MF scares me because it wont release dirt so chances are its going to scratch at some point. I guess thats another topic and debate but so far so good.

FYI I am on tundrasolutions.

Just got the Platinum and will be adding the Supercharger later this year. I bought the truck new just to do this as I wanted to start with a brand new truck and add upgrades. I only had 43k miles on the other one but it wasnt my baby because it had been my daily driver for 2 years and I lost my passion in detailing it.