autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Label coating problem

hi guys, my name is José, from Spain. I have a small problem - doubt. Over the past two years I have always worked with the coating CQuartz and I had no problem. after reading good reviews here on Black diamond surf label Pinnacle bird encourage me to try it on my last purchase. I had read that it was very easy to apply but have found more expensive than I thought it would be. removed after application and I found it difficult to eliminate the high peaks and fairly followed after polishing paint remains in the sun were very visible. also say that after applying on paint drying time is very fast, if it can not be due to the high temperatures we have here now in summer. the issue of small suede panels do with brand Car Pro. I hope I can give any advice because he has left me a bit puzzled. a greeting and thank you very much in my first question here in this great community. And sorry for my traduction

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Label coating problem

I only just started using the PBL diamond coating but I've asked some similar questions. I found that in temps of 90 degrees Fahrenheit it flashes extremely quick. I don't apply it in those high temps anymore because I end up using more product. Even at 70 degrees I found myself having to work quickly. I can't give any advice about streaks or high spots. I buffed off the coating within a couple minutes.

Good luck with the heat. I was in Valencia for a month a few years back and it reached 120 degrees. Must be hard to detail in that heat.

Post Thanks / Like

It must be the temperature. I always apply PBL in a temperature controlled Garage and NEVER EVER had an issue...in fact one could argue (or at least I could) its by far the easiest of all the coatings to apply...IMO it is the one coating that I have access to that yields the best looking gloss...now the longevity is the question that I think most have with this product. I have heard very mixed results, but in my experience has been nothing but a pleasure.

Mike Phillips

Here's some sgguestion....

Tackle a section of a panel instead of the entire panel
    A good rule of thumb for any "paint care products" when working in a warm or even hot environment is to reduce or shrink down the size of the area you work. The reason being of course is because the high temperatures are going to be working against you making whatever the product is dry via evaporation.

Make your final wipe-off sooner
    Technically you work the coating over the paint till it disappears. I know this can sometimes be challenging especially if you use too much product on the applicator. Then after working the product till it disappears inspect the surface of the section you're working and if you see any high spots gently wipe them off using a clean plush microfiber towel. For warm and hot conditions make this final wipe sooner.

Use plenty of clean, soft microfiber towels
    High spots will wipe off best when using a clean soft microfiber towel that doesn't already have coating residue on it. So switch to a clean microfiber towel often.

Like medicscott I've never had a single issue applying and wiping off Black Label Diamond Paint Coating or Black Label Diamond Surface Coating. But then our garage is air conditioned. (sorry).

Give the three tips I shared above a try and let us know how it goes... could be you might have to try applying coatings in the morning during the coolest part of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you very much for your answers, especially Mike, is a great honor that he may take some time to answer my question. I try to cooler temperatures and give an answer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by LC DETAIL;1270074

thank you very much for your answers, especially Mike, is a great honor that he may take some time to answer my question. I try to cooler temperatures and give an answer

Keep us updated....