autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Paint Coating ???

I still offer the PBL coating to customers but I have it listed as a 1-1.5 year coating instead of the 2-3 years that Pinnacle claimed it would be. I don't think it can be grouped with the CQuartz, EXO and now OptiGloss. (I know there are a lot of others, but I have no experience with them)

The PBL coating just does not hold on to much of anything after 6-8 months compared to the initial application...ex slickness, beading, sheating, gloss retention and the ease of cleaning all drop off to the point that I wouldn't want to leave it untouched for 2-3 years.

I use the DP coating for friends that are not paying at all or at a discount.

The Synergy nano wax looks good on top of the PBL coating, but I did not think it look good on top of the PBL Sealant. The Sealant looks better on its own on the cars I've tried it on. That combo wasn't 'synergistic'.

I think the PBL Sealant is the best of PBL products. With the Synergy wax next.

Post Thanks / Like

Im about 6 weeks into the lifetime of my PBL paint coating vs Collonite 476 and I can already tell the PBL is going to outlast the Collonite.

Just washed again yesterday and while the whole cars is beading/sheeting like new, when drying the car the towel still slides across the PBL hood like wet ice where the Collonite sections are starting to feel a bit of resistance.

I'm not using any booster products.

Car is garage kept but parked in sunlight at the office.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about a year and a half into my PBL paint coating on the Kia and the paint still looks glassy smooth and water flies right off it when driving.

Regular washes with carpro reset (I like it better than the PBL shampoo) and I did an application of PBL coating booster at the end of spring.

I am NOT a fan of topping coatings with anything, it defeats the purpose for me.

I also agree with Nick 100% on Dawn use. It's not made for cars so it doesn't get used on cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ekennett View Post
    I'm about a year and a half into my PBL paint coating on the Kia and the paint still looks glassy smooth and water flies right off it when driving.

Regular washes with carpro reset (I like it better than the PBL shampoo) and I did an application of PBL coating booster at the end of spring.

I am NOT a fan of topping coatings with anything, it defeats the purpose for me.

I also agree with Nick 100% on Dawn use. It's not made for cars so it doesn't get used on cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, so no more Dawn. I only started recently using it before coating a vehicle in an attempt to strip any prior LSP. I will pick up some Megs APC to use before coating a vehicle.

I've been recently using CG Hi Gloss Shampoo after coating a vehicle, before that I've been using Mothers Carnuba Wash. I may try some Reset as well ..... Eric, question for you, do you use reset every wash on the coated vehicles or just every so many washes?

Thanks - Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Good timing on this thread. I was kinda wondering myself what people were getting out of this stuff. Kinda seemed like there was a lot of excitement and hype when it came out and then kind of fell off the radar. I picked up a whole kit when they were doing the sales during black friday last year, but have only had a chance to apply it to two vehicles so far. Seemed to go on really easy and looked nice when I was done. The first vehicle I did was only about 2 months ago, so no real observations on durability.

Seeing these comments so far has me tempted to try gloss coat on my truck before winter instead of the PBL now though......

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just finished a PBL application on my new A8L. Shampoo washed, applied PBL surface polish, applied PBL surface coating, waited 48-hours and finished with PBL Synergy.

Results on Panther Black Crystal paint look terrific IMO. We'll see how long it lasts with occasional application of PBL surface detailing spray.

Pinnacle Paint Coating ???-imageuploadedbyagonline1420046127-173490-jpgPinnacle Paint Coating ???-imageuploadedbyagonline1420046163-422650-jpgPinnacle Paint Coating ???-imageuploadedbyagonline1420046192-025253-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derfA8L View Post
    I've just finished a PBL application on my new A8L. Shampoo washed, applied PBL surface polish, applied PBL surface coating, waited 48-hours and finished with PBL Synergy.

Results on Panther Black Crystal paint look terrific IMO. We'll see how long it lasts with occasional application of PBL surface detailing spray.

Pinnacle Paint Coating ???-imageuploadedbyagonline1420046127-173490-jpgPinnacle Paint Coating ???-imageuploadedbyagonline1420046163-422650-jpgPinnacle Paint Coating ???-imageuploadedbyagonline1420046192-025253-jpg
    Looks incredible - nice work.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First post here..... I will be applying Diamond Surface Coating to my father in laws new Boxster this weekend. He is having the 3m clear protective film applied to half hood, bumper, mirrors, A Frame and headlights. Has anyone had issues applying this coating to 3m protection films, should I wait a specific amount of time before I apply it to the film.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nantoni View Post
    First post here..... I will be applying Diamond Surface Coating to my father in laws new Boxster this weekend. He is having the 3m clear protective film applied to half hood, bumper, mirrors, A Frame and headlights. Has anyone had issues applying this coating to 3m protection films, should I wait a specific amount of time before I apply it to the film.

Thanks!
    If it is a film that does nothing t have a top coat then I would not do this. Coatings need clear coat to bond to and films that have a top coat (like Xpel Ultimate Film) have an automotive grade clearcoat as a top coat on the film that can be coated.

Do you know what line of 3M film it is?

If not find out the line before moving forward.

Also you the car should be preped with a paint correction prior to installing the film for the best results
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, a good way to look at this coating is that it can be EASILY applied a second, or third time down the road to restore that "day one" look, finish, and feel the day it was applied. Can the same be said about other coatings it's being compared to?
    I know they all have "toppers," or "rejuvinators," but would you rather refresh the look, finish, and feel by applying a topper, or another layer of the coating, like you can do with PBL?
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast