autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBL and Aquawax 951, strange situation

I was told specifically by the Pinnacle people at AG that it was OK to apply the Synergy Wax over the PBL Paint Coatings. That is why I bought the product and applied it.

If they would have told me it was NOT ok to apply a coat of wax (any wax) over the PBL Paint Coating, I would not have done it.

AG sells both the Pinnacle and Meguiars brand products. So I am not sure that the wax over the PBL Paint Coating will hurt it.

It appears there are allot of diffferent opinons on this topic. I don't think there has been any determination as to if it is.....right or wrong to apply a wax over the PBL Paint Coating.

Perhaps someone at Pinnacle can provide that information to us.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm fairly news to coatings and I'm a recovering product overuser myself and the coatings are breaking me of this. I know I never need to apply so many coats but it was just a way to relax and always have a "just waxed" look all the time, literally but now with coatings its really just a waste to top it with anything. One way to always have that "just waxed" look now is by doing a rinseless wash which I'll be doing quite a bit, especially now that I've got a black car, albeit a metallic black one.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my question to Pinnacle about waxing a car after it was coated with PBL Paint Coating:

Can Pinnacle Synergy Wax be applied over the Black Label Diamond Paint Coating?

Should it be applied over it?

Is there any advantage to applying Pinnacle Synergy Wax over the Black Diamond Paint Coating?

Here is the response from Pinnacle:

PinnacleWax
    Sponsor
    Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
    Originally Posted by richzak View Post
    Can Pinnacle Synergy Wax be applied over the Black Label Diamond Paint Coating?

Should it be applied over it?

Is there any advantage to applying Pinnacle Synergy Wax over the Black Diamond Paint Coating?

Pinnacle Synergy Wax can absolutely be applied over the Paint Coatings. The Paint Coatings give you the 3 year protection and a really glassy/glossy look. The wax is going to provide the warmth/glow and depth of a carnauba wax that everyone loves so much. Also with the wax on the coating, it actually helps the coating last a little longer as well. The advantage is more protection and better yet, the LOOKS

Also, it is one of the longest lasting carnauba waxes available on the market. The average carnauba wax only lasts about 2-3 months, the Pinnacle Synergy that has carnauba and nano ceramic glass particles in it will last at least 6 months! WOW

I will post some pictures on my car that has the Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating and the Pinnacle Synergy on top that I just put on last weekend. That will be up shortly. The look is absolutely STUNNING!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    As time goes on with continued experience with coatings it will become more apparent to old school waxers that coatings are not your fathers LSP. When you think of all the work and expense to get paint surgically clean in preparation for a coating just to top it with anything that either takes away the coatings properties or potentially reacts negatively with it...makes no sense especially topping with carnauba waxes. That is certifiably insane when coatings are great at sheeting and repelling...and waxes grab, attract, and hold onto anything passing by.
    I 100% agree!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody said you can't top a coating. Knock yourself out. If I were selling wax I'd say it's fine too. Just telling it like it is. Its not about can you...it's about using common sense.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12